Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yeah, that's not right. If a employer wants a recruiter to find them an employee, the employer should pay the costs..

That's just pure illegitimate nonsense. Are you after an accountancy role in Manchester Dan?
Yes infact I am only looking in Manchester/Bolton/Preston area and have applied for approximately 250 roles over the past 4 months with no success (not even an interview).
Are you studying AAT or ACCA?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yeah, that's not right. If a employer wants a recruiter to find them an employee, the employer should pay the costs..

That's just pure illegitimate nonsense. Are you after an accountancy role in Manchester Dan?
Yes infact I am only looking in Manchester/Bolton/Preston area and have applied for approximately 250 roles over the past 4 months with no success (not even an interview).
AAT have passed level 2 and have passed the first exam of level 3. Still to take the rest but can drop it in a flash if a full time role comes up.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

AAT have passed level 2 and have passed the first exam of level 3. Still to take the rest but can drop it in a flash if a full time role comes up.
NEVER tell a potential employer that!!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't, I tell them my notice period is 3 weeks.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:28 pm

In the Ideal world I would like to continue the course in the evenings at a Manchester/Salford college.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:45 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:In the idle world I would like to continue the course in the evenings at a Manchester/Salford college.
In an idle world, you'd give them up...

As somebody who is new to interviewing applicants, I would rather somebody say they were studying and want to continue doing so, to learn as much as they can about the job they want to be doing, whilst at the same time getting the experience in a working environment etc, but without the clichéd bits..

Says more about your willingness to do as well as you can in your life.

I'm sure there are people on here more qualified than me for shit like this, but by all means, if you need any advice give me a shout.. Please don't EVER say "in an idle world"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
+1

Listen to Boris Dan. He's right...for a change :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 pm

boltonboris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:In the idle world I would like to continue the course in the evenings at a Manchester/Salford college.
In an idle world, you'd give them up...

As somebody who is new to interviewing applicants, I would rather somebody say they were studying and want to continue doing so, to learn as much as they can about the job they want to be doing, whilst at the same time getting the experience in a working environment etc, but without the clichéd bits..

Says more about your willingness to do as well as you can in your life.

I'm sure there are people on here more qualified than me for shit like this, but by all means, if you need any advice give me a shout.. Please don't EVER say "in an idle world"
Sorry I meant ideal :oops: . In the ideal world I would like to work during the day and continue studying for the AAT in the evening, but I know that may not be possible. Why would anybody not want to carry on qualifications which they have had to pay several hundred pounds sterling for. I was simply making the point that I am not in a position where by if an employer said to me there is a job for you but it would require you not to continue your course (due to the hours or what not) then of course I would take the job as the course dosent provide me with a single penny nor does the work experience.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Bit of a short term view that Dan,have you considered whether you would be able to get a better paid job (or be better able to get the jobs you are already applying for) if you finished off your AAT course? Which I imagine would take longer if you were fitting it around full time employment.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Sadly Beefheart im not in a position where I can spend another year without a job, I know if I cant complete the course in the near future then an opportunity will occur in the future to finish it. The fact is qualifications I need a full time job preferably in a Office, preferably in the north west. If it is a mixture of a accounts and administration role that would be great, if it was one or the other that would be great also.

Come the start of August if I do not have a job I will have to spend what money I do have filling landlords pockets, after which that has gone (which at best will see me through to the end of 2014), I will have to begin claiming jobseekers, housing benefit etc.

I don't want to go down that road, I would love to be working in a role as explained above. If I don't have a job by August and that is the road I end up on then it will not be down to lack of hard work. The only reason I have got most of the qualifications (GCSE's etc) is because I was determined to work harder than 99.9% of people of my age group.

Why do you think I have gone you so many away games this season, because ultimately I know by the start of the next football season I will have little or no money for things like football if I do not have a job.

I have had help from at least 2 forum members who have offered to keep an ear out for roles and have looked over my c.v. We will see what happens.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Dan, firstly, whatever you do keep the qualifications going. Frankly any employer worth working for would want you to continue and develop your capabilities.

Secondly, and it's clear you don't want to hear this, you will get many times more opportunities in the South East. Maybe consider doing that, qualifying and then, if still convinced you want to return North then apply with more qualifications, experience and whilst employed. That's a far more saleable scenario.

Don't fail to consider that you may not quite love Horwich as much as you imagine if you return and certainly won't if no job and rapidly running out of money.

Do exactly what suits you, but try to consider wider options.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Dan, firstly, whatever you do keep the qualifications going. Frankly any employer worth working for would want you to continue and develop your capabilities.

Secondly, and it's clear you don't want to hear this, you will get many times more opportunities in the South East. Maybe consider doing that, qualifying and then, if still convinced you want to return North then apply with more qualifications, experience and whilst employed. That's a far more saleable scenario.

Don't fail to consider that you may not quite love Horwich as much as you imagine if you return and certainly won't if no job and rapidly running out of money.

Do exactly what suits you, but try to consider wider options.
I know you right Bobo its is much more difficult to find a job in the north west compared to the south east. It is just I don't like living here, rents are much higher and I wont have any reason to stay here once my dad and my sister move to the west country with tis woman he has met and her children. I wont be going with them even if I was invited, which im not. I have absolutely no reason to stay here most of the people I now know live in the north west (most of whom I have met through football), I have lost contact with most the people I went to High School with down here and I have made it completely clear I don't like living here.

I have friends in Bolton and Horwich, some of which are on this forum and would be very surprised if I felt as down as I do living here. Surely if I have no income I am better of living somewhere with rents of £80 a week then somewhere with rents of £250 a week.

I was very much in a similar position last summer whereby I had just finished school, I had no full time job and was living somewhere I absolutely hated. If I hadn't have got on this accountancy course I am on I would have moved up there straightaway. The only thing that has changed is they my dad and my sister are moving away and I wont have a course to go onto here. Can you see why I feel there is nothing left for me here anymore?
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Fine, but remember it's always easier to get a job if you are already in one.

Keep doing the qualifications at all costs.

That's me done.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 am

Unless it's a requirement for your course, Dan, could you not drop the 'work experience' and find a job, or jobs, not necessarily in your field of studies, but which brings in a few quid? I can assure you that there are hundreds upon hundreds university students down this way who do exactly that. Many, if not most, of them live many hundreds of kilometres away from friends and family. It's not easy but the gold at the end of the rainbow is that certificate you are after.

Perhaps bobo will disagree with me but a prospective employee approaching me for a job would most definitely earn extra points for determination if they had worked their way to whatever qualification I was looking for. I am proud that both my children did it the hard way (I couldn't afford uni fees). My son attained his BAppSc attending Canberra University and my daughter her BA via Sturt University (Wagga Wagga).

When you do finish your course are you going to limit yourself to the north-west if, other than the location, an appealing job turns up?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am

↑↑↑ I don't disagree at all. When people can evidence hard work, determination and a will to think/act outside the box to achieve their ambition it's a real positive. Keep away from all the negative stuff and explain your situations, even challenging ones, as things you've overcome not something you drone on about.

You don't know the lives the interviewers have had or their opinions about matters so just keep it simple, to the point and never whinge.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Im being labelled a whinger :cry: .Seriously though thanks for all of for your help to those who have offered advice. I do intend to carry on my course and hopefully pass all the exams on the course. In answer to your question Dujon, I would stay down here if apart from the location a job which was exactly the role I was looking for and paid a salary that allowed me to see the Super Whites on a regular basis came up. For example if when my work exp position finishes (which it does in a couple of weeks) and I was offered a full time role then I would accept it, on the basis of what I have put above. Going to see my football team is the only thing that motivates me to work very hard, it has done since I was a child revising for my end of year 6 exams. However if I couldn't get a decent job down here then what would be the point in living here. Obviously I don't like living here and I think I would have much more motivation for even the most basic of things. Basically what im saying is if I don't manage to get the sort of job im looking for then I am far better living somewhere I want to live, somewhere which is not directly against everything I stand for and makes me feel depressed. Apart from anything Dujon im not going to be able to afford to live in this area if im working say as a shop assistant. Next to no people who live in Wokingham work in Wokingham. Most work in that London, doing very lucrative jobs, some work in Reading but generally you need to be earning at least £40,000 a year to live here.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:29 am

Struth, Dan, are you serious? The north west has two sizeable cities plonked in it. I mean, of course, Liverpool and Manchester - both of which are within an easy commute from the Bolton area. An 'ideal' job is just that, an ideal. Most people, Dan, don't get ideal situations out of a cereal box as they have to work towards it not have it presented to them gift wrapped. Have you ever worked to earn money? There's no need to answer that but think about it if you have not. I'd lay odds that the majority of working people on this site did before they were in permanent employ - even if was only as a paper boy or service station attendant.

If Wokingham is so expensive why on earth are you living there? Are there not other places where students share houses with the blessing of the landlord and the local council? As far as 'following the Whites' is concerned that's just silly. If you really mean that then I give up as you are a lost cause.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:24 am

I live there because that is where my sister younger sister and my dad lives(although he is very rarely home) but when they move I wont be going with them. I obviously haven't just been applying for jobs in Bolton I have applied for jobs in Stockport, Manc, Wythenshawe, Trafford, Salford, Kearsley, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale, Wigan, Leigh, Horwich, Chorley, Preston, Darwen and Blackburn. When I say an ideal job it refers to any and every low level accountancy role as that is what I am qualified to do, I don't apply for roles unless I know I can do everything on the job spec. Out of interest what motivated you when you were my age? For the football games bit I would say only is an exaggeration but it is certainly the main thing that motivates me, infact its the what I look forward to most. Why do you think I hate Summer so much? it's because there is no football and its to hot and cricket never has been the same a football.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 am

Dan, might be missing something here, but does the course you're on not qualify for student loans etc? If so, then potentially you could transfer courses to somewhere cheaper to live, taking your unit credits with you? Try to get bunked up in student accom etc., whilst you complete your course.?