Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 pm

I'll be very surprised if even half that team start as first choice next season to be fair.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 pm

thebish wrote:From where I was sat, Bournemouth were not dazzling - they just did the simple things right... and they played as a team - not like an odd assortment of players who seemed never to have met...
I feel you do them a slight disservice there, Bish. Their composure whilst in possession, both individually and collectively, was an absolute, and dare I say beautiful lesson.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 pm

I personally don't think where that far behind challenging for next season. We have alot of players out! We've really missed pratleys work rate (so has Dannsy). Clayton and Alf (hopefully) are both busy strikers who'll press all game long. We need some decent full backs and wingers. If the price is right I'd also take Bannan who imo has been good since he's came in. I'd also give Baptiste and Spearing another go
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Bournemouth are one of the most aggressive, high-pressing teams I've seen in this division for a long time. They attack with rapid speed, get in your face, and are absolutely relentless. They've got a team of very, very fit players, so to get even near a team like Bournemouth next year, we need more energy than we've been showing these last few weeks/months. The thing is, we were showing a lot of energy around November time, when we were beating Wigan 3-1 at home. But injuries crushed us, make no mistake. If we have a full squad next year - and a better defence - we will have a chance.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Devon White wrote:
thebish wrote:ahh well - there you go - can someone make it stop now? please??

utter bag of shoite we were (except for Boggers) - for all his talk of character and passion on the pitch, Lennon has us playing like a bunch of absolute pussies. we'll be doing well to avoid another relegation scrap next season...

bournemouth happy - which you can't begrudge... twas amusing to see all 30 of the real coppers gathered in front of the bolton fans 5mins before the whistle went as if (what?) we were gonna invade the pitch OR (really?) they were gonna protect us from marauding Bournemouth fans! Meanwhile - behind them, a huge pitch invasion happens and they stand watching us!

good company - you'd never believe it, but Devon White is actually a nice bloke! :wink: Also joined up with Pisshead Dan :shock: and his minder whose name I forget but surely was actually Phil Tufnell??

was Mavis injured? it seemed a wee bit bizarre to me to take Mavis off and leave Heskey on - Heskey was 7 separate shades of useless... not that Mavis made a huge contribution...

Woolery - he's the future!! who?? :D
Yes, enjoyed the company bish, most of you have covered the main points, I have to admit to bawling at feeney for that goal, utter disgrace ( petrov style ), hopefully meet up with some more of you next season, that's if dans out of AA :shock:
F.Y.I his name is Nigel, Bolton fan who has lived in Reading for ages. Sadly it's not the first time he has had to keep an eye out for me this season, I decided to stop drinking an hour before kick off - good decision. Pleased I was in a fit enough state to get in and although I didn't see nay programmes before the game I was given on for free during the game by a fellow Wanderer - restores your faith in humanity does acts of kindness like that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Jugs wrote:Bournemouth are one of the most aggressive, high-pressing teams I've seen in this division for a long time. They attack with rapid speed, get in your face, and are absolutely relentless. They've got a team of very, very fit players, so to get even near a team like Bournemouth next year, we need more energy than we've been showing these last few weeks/months. The thing is, we were showing a lot of energy around November time, when we were beating Wigan 3-1 at home. But injuries crushed us, make no mistake. If we have a full squad next year - and a better defence - we will have a chance.

aye - mebbe... but I reckon we will also have injuries next season... and quite a few of the same players...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:54 pm

thebish wrote:
Jugs wrote:Bournemouth are one of the most aggressive, high-pressing teams I've seen in this division for a long time. They attack with rapid speed, get in your face, and are absolutely relentless. They've got a team of very, very fit players, so to get even near a team like Bournemouth next year, we need more energy than we've been showing these last few weeks/months. The thing is, we were showing a lot of energy around November time, when we were beating Wigan 3-1 at home. But injuries crushed us, make no mistake. If we have a full squad next year - and a better defence - we will have a chance.

aye - mebbe... but I reckon we will also have injuries next season... and quite a few of the same players...
You've just gotta hope we get lucky like Bournemouth this year and Burnley last year - few injuries.

The irony is that when we did have a relatively injury free season last year, Dougie rotated our squad to death so that we never had a settled 11 even though the chance to have one was right there.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:43 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Did I mention that Marc Pugh's Dad and Brother both work at our place? They're incredibly proud of him. He'll score one and set two up. 3-1 to them.
I wasn't far out. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Did I mention that Marc Pugh's Dad and Brother both work at our place? They're incredibly proud of him. He'll score one and set two up. 3-1 to them.
I wasn't far out. :)
You had too much faith in our lot...