Allardyces dream job...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Allardyces dream job...

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Welcome back west ham I hope!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:West Ham really deserve to crash and burn.
Well, us, Blackburn and Newcastle have all been relegated, so here's hoping - the bunch of wankers. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Surprising!

Who will they get in to play the West Ham way?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Perfect swap deal. Ancelotti gets West Ham. BSA to Real. YHIHF.

Well, they're both out of work now... :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Perfect swap deal. Ancelotti gets West Ham. BSA to Real. YHIHF.

Well, they're both out of work now... :D
As is Steve McClaren. Allardyce to Derby's got to be worth a couple of Quid, hasn't it?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Well he said he was taking a break (but we've heard that one before). Real Madrid, I tells ya. (Could see QPR actually Fernandes has a few bob)...oh and isn't Advocaat leaving Sunnerlan?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Well he said he was taking a break (but we've heard that one before). Real Madrid, I tells ya. (Could see QPR actually Fernandes has a few bob)...oh and isn't Advocaat leaving Sunnerlan?
Well, Real Madrid now need a new manager.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 25, 2015 8:07 pm

I thought QPR but they've just given it Ramsay full-time.

Sun'lan would be funny for the Tyne-Wears.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 25, 2015 9:39 pm

And on the subject of managerial sackings - Sheffield United, despite reaching the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup and qualifying for the play-offs, have sacked Nigel Clough. :conf:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:And on the subject of managerial sackings - Sheffield United, despite reaching the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup and qualifying for the play-offs, have sacked Nigel Clough. :conf:
If I was a chairman I'd take a punt on Cloughie, I don't think he's too far off doing something.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 am

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 am

“Why has everybody consistently said Jermain can’t play up front on his own?” said Allardyce. “I’ve listened to everybody else but, in the end, I’ve decided to have a go with Jermain as a lone striker and it’s paid off.

We can’t just kick it up the middle anymore, that’s a waste of time. Maybe everybody has to realise Jermain’s there to provide for. That he’s the end product, not part of the build-up or a hold-up player. So we’re going to have to change our style, play through midfield, do better in wide positions and provide Jermain with cleverer balls. If we do that he’ll win us games.”
You know, Sam could be good with a decent set of tools at his disposal, he always plays to the teams strength.

I just wish he'd come back here but doubt even he could have saved us this season.

Good luck Wednesday Sam, hope the record still stands

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:
“Why has everybody consistently said Jermain can’t play up front on his own?” said Allardyce. “I’ve listened to everybody else but, in the end, I’ve decided to have a go with Jermain as a lone striker and it’s paid off.

We can’t just kick it up the middle anymore, that’s a waste of time. Maybe everybody has to realise Jermain’s there to provide for. That he’s the end product, not part of the build-up or a hold-up player. So we’re going to have to change our style, play through midfield, do better in wide positions and provide Jermain with cleverer balls. If we do that he’ll win us games.”
You know, Sam could be good with a decent set of tools at his disposal, he always plays to the teams strength.

I just wish he'd come back here but doubt even he could have saved us this season.

He'd definitely have a lot of tools here if he did come back.....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 10, 2016 3:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

He'd definitely have a lot of tools here if he did come back.....
:D

I'd actually consider using public transport rather than manage the current lot

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed May 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Looks like Allardyce is going to complete the miracle. 3-0 up with 20 to go.

I'm happy for him but it hurts so much to think what might have been if he'd been backed by Davies all those years ago.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Looks like Allardyce is going to complete the miracle. 3-0 up with 20 to go.

I'm happy for him but it hurts so much to think what might have been if he'd been backed by Davies all those years ago.
There's actually only you that's ever thought that!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 11, 2016 9:29 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Looks like Allardyce is going to complete the miracle. 3-0 up with 20 to go.

He was backed. He broke the club's transfer record two times whilst here.

End of the day he thought he could win trophies at a big club. We were never going to keep him and could have thrown money after him only to see him leave anyway.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 11, 2016 9:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

He was backed. He broke the club's transfer record two times whilst here.

End of the day he thought he could win trophies at a big club. We were never going to keep him and could have thrown money after him only to see him leave anyway.
^^^ & during all those good times we did f'call to develop a real youth set up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 11, 2016 11:34 pm

There were euphoric moments as Sam Allardyce reflected on another impressive feat of escapology for his portfolio of achievement and the crowd went through their victory songs. Sunderland had taken only three points from eight games when Allardyce inherited Dick Advocaat’s side in early October but their improvement can be gauged by the fact they have lost only one of their past 10 matches. Three of the last five have been won
On Wearside they call Jan Kirchhoff, Wahbi Khazri and Lamine Koné, the special Ks with good reason. If Kirchhoff, a £750,000 Bayern Munich reserve centre-half reinvented by Allardyce as an imperious holding midfielder sitting just in front of defence, has made the team much harder to beat and better in possession, Koné is a brick wall of a central defender whose ability to latch on to the fallout from a couple of corners enabled him to score the second and third goals here.

Then there’s Khazri, a Tunisia winger signed from Bordeaux for £9m who has ensured the loss of Adam Johnson to a prison cell has not exerted too debilitating an on-field effect.

Sunderland’s mishandling of their former winger’s child-sex offences case has cost them a chief executive in Margaret Byrne – who was forced to resign – and a whole lot of goodwill, but the decision not to suspend Johnson until his case came to court did not happen on Allardyce’s watch.

Instead it was all part of a somewhat poisoned chalice he inherited from Advocaat last October when the new man swiftly made it clear he was a manager, not a head coach, and did not really want Lee Congerton, the departing sporting director, to stick around.

So off went the much-criticised Congerton but, with hindsight, Allardyce actually has quite a bit to thank the former Chelsea chief scout for. Left to clear up the chaos created by his predecessor Roberto De Fanti’s disastrous signing spree, Congerton had little scope for financial manoeuvre.

Even so, he had delivered Jermain Defoe from Toronto in a swap deal for the non-scoring Jozy Altidore and, earlier, Patrick van Aanholt. Without Defoe’s goals this season Sunderland would have been relegated long ago.

It is no secret Van Aanholt, a former Chelsea left-back, was not remotely rated by Advocaat and the former Holland manager was far from alone. Dangerous going forward, he frequently looked an absolute liability when defending but Allardyce’s painstaking work on his body positioning has, almost imperceptibly, turned him into one of this team’s more effective markers.

Van Aanholt also delivers quite a mean dead ball. No matter that the free-kick from which he gave Sunderland the lead was hardly his best, it helped transform the North-east’s landscape.
Allardyce vs Guardiola next season.

The match up we've all been waiting for.
:lmfao:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Hoboh wrote:
There were euphoric moments as Sam Allardyce reflected on another impressive feat of escapology for his portfolio of achievement and the crowd went through their victory songs. Sunderland had taken only three points from eight games when Allardyce inherited Dick Advocaat’s side in early October but their improvement can be gauged by the fact they have lost only one of their past 10 matches. Three of the last five have been won
On Wearside they call Jan Kirchhoff, Wahbi Khazri and Lamine Koné, the special Ks with good reason. If Kirchhoff, a £750,000 Bayern Munich reserve centre-half reinvented by Allardyce as an imperious holding midfielder sitting just in front of defence, has made the team much harder to beat and better in possession, Koné is a brick wall of a central defender whose ability to latch on to the fallout from a couple of corners enabled him to score the second and third goals here.

Then there’s Khazri, a Tunisia winger signed from Bordeaux for £9m who has ensured the loss of Adam Johnson to a prison cell has not exerted too debilitating an on-field effect.

Sunderland’s mishandling of their former winger’s child-sex offences case has cost them a chief executive in Margaret Byrne – who was forced to resign – and a whole lot of goodwill, but the decision not to suspend Johnson until his case came to court did not happen on Allardyce’s watch.

Instead it was all part of a somewhat poisoned chalice he inherited from Advocaat last October when the new man swiftly made it clear he was a manager, not a head coach, and did not really want Lee Congerton, the departing sporting director, to stick around.

So off went the much-criticised Congerton but, with hindsight, Allardyce actually has quite a bit to thank the former Chelsea chief scout for. Left to clear up the chaos created by his predecessor Roberto De Fanti’s disastrous signing spree, Congerton had little scope for financial manoeuvre.

Even so, he had delivered Jermain Defoe from Toronto in a swap deal for the non-scoring Jozy Altidore and, earlier, Patrick van Aanholt. Without Defoe’s goals this season Sunderland would have been relegated long ago.

It is no secret Van Aanholt, a former Chelsea left-back, was not remotely rated by Advocaat and the former Holland manager was far from alone. Dangerous going forward, he frequently looked an absolute liability when defending but Allardyce’s painstaking work on his body positioning has, almost imperceptibly, turned him into one of this team’s more effective markers.

Van Aanholt also delivers quite a mean dead ball. No matter that the free-kick from which he gave Sunderland the lead was hardly his best, it helped transform the North-east’s landscape.
Allardyce vs Guardiola next season.

The match up we've all been waiting for.
:lmfao:

I reckon he'll do the little Pepsqueak easily.