If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

jaffka wrote:Is this now the fantasy football thread rather than transfer?

:oyea:

I think Trotter and Ream will be on their way, Lennon will bring in a GK,RW ST tis all!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:She'd have you for breakfast :P
Only fair if I shelled out for dinner.

8)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Enoch wrote:

8)
She best look for her teeth then :|

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Ream is a marginally average Championship level defender
Can something be marginally average? :D

I think we've got enough centre-backs and despite BWFCi's qualms I'd love to see Kellett given a go at left-back (if and when Moxey's form dips). Priority for me would be a striker and a winger.

I think Madine will score 10ish goals but even if he doesn't he is of use in a 4-2-3-1, which was our best formation last season with Craig Davies up top. The key is getting people running past him - Clough, two wide attacking midfielders (could be Feeney, Clayton, maybe Mavies). Someone up top to whom the ball will stick, then build from there – rather than 40 yards further back. Worked well for a while for Coyle, until he forgot to pick midfielders.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:

8)
She best look for her teeth then :|
Oh, I don't know.

8)

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Looks like Ream has gone to QPR!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Ream is a marginally average Championship level defender
Can something be marginally average? :D

I think we've got enough centre-backs and despite BWFCi's qualms I'd love to see Kellett given a go at left-back (if and when Moxey's form dips). Priority for me would be a striker and a winger.

I think Madine will score 10ish goals but even if he doesn't he is of use in a 4-2-3-1, which was our best formation last season with Craig Davies up top. The key is getting people running past him - Clough, two wide attacking midfielders (could be Feeney, Clayton, maybe Mavies). Someone up top to whom the ball will stick, then build from there – rather than 40 yards further back. Worked well for a while for Coyle, until he forgot to pick midfielders.
He's the bottom one out of mode, mean and median. ;-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Bergsson? Taggart? As one of those predecessors would say, stop living in the past man! He's one of the best we've got. I'm not saying don't sell him, but I'm happy to give him the credit he deserves rather than slate him for his deficiencies.
Bergsson was a snip at 65k - even counting for inflation. Taggart was a record signing at £1.5m which we certainly couldn't afford counting for inflation. :-)

I think we still need a couple of no-nonsense CB's - I think it's a while since we had any.

As for one of the best we've got, I think you've caught the Bolton disease - look at what we have and set the bar lower to accommodate.

We need a solid spine to the team - I haven't seen one of those for a while now. Decent keeper, two CB's who actually understand the colour of blood. Holding MF, attacking MF and someone who can put the ball in the net.

We have Trotter.

I think the Bolton disease is constantly comparing players to ones who have gone before and using it as a stick to beat them with, rather than appreciating the qualities they do have. We have a below average squad now, and for me it gets further away from average with the loss of a international footballer in Ream.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:42 pm

We're going up. Nothing below average about that. 22 goals for Clough, heard it here first :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Bergsson? Taggart? As one of those predecessors would say, stop living in the past man! He's one of the best we've got. I'm not saying don't sell him, but I'm happy to give him the credit he deserves rather than slate him for his deficiencies.
Bergsson was a snip at 65k - even counting for inflation. Taggart was a record signing at £1.5m which we certainly couldn't afford counting for inflation. :-)

I think we still need a couple of no-nonsense CB's - I think it's a while since we had any.

As for one of the best we've got, I think you've caught the Bolton disease - look at what we have and set the bar lower to accommodate.

We need a solid spine to the team - I haven't seen one of those for a while now. Decent keeper, two CB's who actually understand the colour of blood. Holding MF, attacking MF and someone who can put the ball in the net.

We have Trotter.

I think the Bolton disease is constantly comparing players to ones who have gone before and using it as a stick to beat them with, rather than appreciating the qualities they do have. We have a below average squad now, and for me it gets further away from average with the loss of a international footballer in Ream.
But in the first two games the defence has looked more than good enough. Without Ream. In fact the back four looked better against one of the best sides in this league than it did last season with Ream in it.

Where we look lacking is scoring goals. And Ream won't make any difference to that.

Right now I'm not sure there is a clear case to make that Ream going makes us weaker in anything other than cover. I'd certainly not drop either centre half or Moxey for Ream come Saturday.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

yeah - Ream... errr... Zat, Cid, shittu.. he's fecking ace! :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
But in the first two games the defence has looked more than good enough. Without Ream. In fact the back four looked better against one of the best sides in this league than it did last season with Ream in it.

Where we look lacking is scoring goals. And Ream won't make any difference to that.

Right now I'm not sure there is a clear case to make that Ream going makes us weaker in anything other than cover. I'd certainly not drop either centre half or Moxey for Ream come Saturday.
I'm not saying don't sell him, I'm saying he deserves more credit than he gets on here. And I agree I'd keep that defence together from Sat and not drop anyone for Ream right now. But look at some of Dervite's and Moxey's dreadful showings last year and tell me you're confident we won't miss him later in the season.

Anyway, farewell Timmy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

I'm not saying don't sell him, I'm saying he deserves more credit than he gets on here. And I agree I'd keep that defence together from Sat and not drop anyone for Ream right now. But look at some of Dervite's and Moxey's dreadful showings last year and tell me you're confident we won't miss him later in the season.

Anyway, farewell Timmy.
Plenty of awful displays from Ream in his time here. I still haven't recovered from that Hull game....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Anyway, farewell Timmy.
Plenty of awful displays from Ream in his time here. I still haven't recovered from that Hull game....
Ha! Never said he was perfect.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Nothing on Bolton's website.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 pm

goffy7167 wrote:Looks like Ream has gone to QPR!!
Source? (HP pour moi)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

We have Trotter.

Don't you come on 'ere with your glass half full bollocks. He wouldn't get in my pub team...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:07 pm

It's just an act. I'm a miserable c*nt really.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Ream is definitley a 100%er in terms of effort. Not his fault he was Cahills replacement. However can we do better than him at centre back? Yep. Can we do better at left back? Yep. Hopefully from within the current squad. Do we need him as a holding mid? Nope...but it might well be his best position.

Not gutted but thanks all the same Tim.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Rumoured that a fee with QPR for Ream has been agreed.