If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Agreed

He strikes me as a proper pro, a thorougly decent lad and a fella who gives all he's got

He's just not very good

Not that we need very good, but I'm not having it Lennon isn't happy with the sale

If we need cash, we could probably sell Davies, Pratley, Clough, Spearing, Vela, Clayton, Amos or Ream

I think I'd choose Ream to go from that little lot, though Spearing may have been top of Lennons list as his wages will be higher
Sto ut Serviam

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:54 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Agreed

He strikes me as a proper pro, a thorougly decent lad and a fella who gives all he's got

He's just not very good

Not that we need very good, but I'm not having it Lennon isn't happy with the sale

If we need cash, we could probably sell Davies, Pratley, Clough, Spearing, Vela, Clayton, Amos or Ream

I think I'd choose Ream to go from that little lot, though Spearing may have been top of Lennons list as his wages will be higher
I think we can expect one of those open letters in a few weeks.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I wonder if he'll steal the little gift Freedman was teasingly boasting for the Forest faithful. Coz whoever it was hasn't turned up there yet.
Nixon says Hooper is no.1 target, but will have to move quick.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:11 pm

freeindeed wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I wonder if he'll steal the little gift Freedman was teasingly boasting for the Forest faithful. Coz whoever it was hasn't turned up there yet.
Nixon says Hooper is no.1 target, but will have to move quick.
Odd considering last week Alex Neil said he had no intention of letting Hooper go even on loan

Anyways, if we've got enough money, hopefully Hooper will fancy linking with Lennon again. Guess money and geography might come into it but the bloke's moved around quite a bit already.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Leroy Lita is free? :wink:
Pfffft.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:53 pm

can't imagine there are many other sets of fans, who on learning that their Player of the Year for the last 2 years and one of only a few internationals they have, could be met with such indifference.

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Tim will be that chance at Stoke ... 6 yds out, centre of goal, head with any power at any angle, and we might still be in the PL :hang:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Reports in Italy suggesting that we are back in talks with Pisano
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:35 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Reports in Italy suggesting that we are back in talks with Pisano
given our signings of Heskey and Eidur last season, have we worked out whether it's one of the ones born in the 1200's?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
given our signings of Heskey and Eidur last season, have we worked out whether it's one of the ones born in the 1200's?
:lol:
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Literal translation from Italian site:

From Sardinia to the Championship , this could be the trip of the market for Francesco Pisano . Right-back born in 1986, currently free transfer, after the last season in which he wore the jersey of Cagliari has come under fire Bolton: talks initiated between the parties, for Pisano can experience on English soil.
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm in Italy at the moment. I've heard nowt. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:21 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Literal translation from Italian site:

From Sardinia to the Championship , this could be the trip of the market for Francesco Pisano . Right-back born in 1986, currently free transfer, after the last season in which he wore the jersey of Cagliari has come under fire Bolton: talks initiated between the parties, for Pisano can experience on English soil.
^ quality! :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:51 am

Lennon in the BN on Prince:
It’ll be good to see him back out there (v Boro) and we think he’ll be fit. He loved the experience against Derby. His family were here and they just loved everything about the club and the atmosphere.

That was a really good start for him. It couldn’t have been easy and it would have been a blur: flying in, all the negotiations, then a game, hardly meeting the players. He seems in a pretty good place.

His English is good, just as long as you speak slowly to him, which rules Garry Parker out entirely. He has got Dorian there to help him with any translation problems but on the whole he’s settled in really well and we’re very pleased.
Lennon in the BN on selling Ream – and possible incomings:
There are two decisions to make – a footballing decision and a financial decision, and this works for both.

We think it’s good for the club, good for the squad, or otherwise we wouldn’t be making this decision at the moment.

I want one, maybe two, in for the game on Saturday. It’s never easy losing one of your better players but I want to balance the squad better and this gives me that opportunity.

We have brought some good players in defensively and I’d like to bring in one more. I also think we’re short in the attacking areas, we need a bit of pace and creativity and we’ll be looking to bring a player of that ilk in.

I’d imagine Gary [Hooper] would be beyond our financial capability right now. He’s a player I admire a lot but it hasn’t come up in conversation. I’d imagine they want a fee for him – but if not, a loan with a loan fee involved. Either way, it would rule us out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 am

In other words Neil Lennon didn't think Ream was all that good and thinks we've got a good deal.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:18 am

So the Pisano speculation heats up, priced out of hooper and I think this attacking player will be a winger. Does this young city winger have pace and creativity?

I can see the loan market being used for a keeper and another striker.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 am

The club jinx is off to QPR.

Watch this space as we move on up! :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 am

jaffka wrote:So the Pisano speculation heats up, priced out of hooper and I think this attacking player will be a winger. Does this young city winger have pace and creativity?

I can see the loan market being used for a keeper and another striker.
Apparently so..

So does that Welsh lad at Real Madrid (YHIHF First)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Iles: "Couple of rumours knocking around that #bwfc could be in for Boro's Mustapha Carayol. Good player. Checking."

Meanwhile, the Ream deal ain't done yet, says Chris Ramsey, acting all skint:
I think it will go through. There’s a negotiation period, and as a manager you do get a bit jittery. Because if you want the player, the player has the upper hand, but in our situation no one can have the upper hand because we’re dictated to by the finances we’ve got. I know Les was bargaining hard last night trying to get it done, and it won’t be from the want of trying if it doesn’t get done. There’s a few other people we’ve looked at.

MMConeboro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MMConeboro » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles: "Couple of rumours knocking around that #bwfc could be in for Boro's Mustapha Carayol. Good player. Checking."

Meanwhile, the Ream deal ain't done yet, says Chris Ramsey, acting all skint:
I think it will go through. There’s a negotiation period, and as a manager you do get a bit jittery. Because if you want the player, the player has the upper hand, but in our situation no one can have the upper hand because we’re dictated to by the finances we’ve got. I know Les was bargaining hard last night trying to get it done, and it won’t be from the want of trying if it doesn’t get done. There’s a few other people we’ve looked at.
If you do get Carayol then fair play. Has requested to leave on loan for regular gametime.

He won't drop back and help out defensively, but he will outpace any fullback in this league. Fairly inconsistent but even on a bad day can still hurtle past players with ease. Sadly despite his dribbling ability and his ridiculous pace and strength he isn't particularly good at creating chances. Crosses either don't beat the first man or end up as a throw in or goal kick without touching the ground. Shots have a nasty tendency to get scuffed a yard or 2 wide of the near post.

If you need someone who's going to give you heaps of goals and chances on plates for your attackers you've probably not found him. If you're after someone who'll turn defence into attack and beat 3 or 4 players, sprinting about 70-80 yards before you have a chance to blink then he'll slot into your team nicely. He's best on the left as his shooting (whilst by no means great) is a lot better than his crossing.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:56 pm

ahhh - a speedy flyer with no end product? yayy!!