Rugby World Cup 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Needs it own topic now that its getting close.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:19 pm

The England training squad has been further reduced to:

Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), Brad Barritt (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Northampton Saints), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Sam Burgess (Bath Rugby), Danny Care (Harlequins), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Calum Clark (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Alex Corbisiero (Northampton Saints), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Alex Goode (Saracens), Jamie George (Saracens), James Haskell (Wasps), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby), Ben Morgan (Gloucester Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Geoff Parling (Exeter Chiefs), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Rob Webber (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), David Wilson (Bath Rugby), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Burgess is still there.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 am

Australia beat the All Blacks earlier today to win the rugby championship (the southern hemisphere version of the six nations). I didn't see the game but apparently wing forwards Pocock and Hooper who is the captain were immense.

I liked Hooper when I saw him in the Lions tour, he is a real nuisance and very good. Australia doing the usual getting good just before a world cup and the all blacks removing their aura of invincibility before one as well.

Elsewhere Wales got thumped by Ireland and Argentina beat the bok.

One team to miss out in our group of death.

One team to miss out in our group. The favourites are looking to be Wales.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Yes, jaffka, a terrific result for Australia. I only saw ten or fifteen minutes of the game but in that short period it seemed that the Wallabies have, finally, found some sort of team coherence. The scrum work was excellent - which is a huge improvement over recent (and not so recent) years. This coming weekend they face up again in the land of the long white cloud to contest the Bledisloe Cup. It's a good few years since Australia held this trans-Tasman trophy and the Kiwis will be undoubtedly stung by their loss over the last weekend. Let's be honest, the All Blacks can trot out a second string team and still beat most opposition. I can see Australia receiving a drubbing.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 am

Sam Burgess going to play in the centre at the weekend.

Last time I saw him in an England shirt for the Saxons he looked lost and seemed to be frustrated about not being as involved as he wanted.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:34 pm

The Welsh have trimmed their training squad. The notables are Hook, Phillips and Hibbard.

Surprised at Hibbard but their is some suggestion he has fallen foul of moving to Gloucester.

Phillips not surprising as he is getting passed it and it appears that Gatland doesn't like Hook who I think is a fantastic player.

England and Australia to qualify from the group of death. :oyea:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 pm

It seems it's only you and Dujon who gives a f**k so why don't you jog on?

:wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:It seems it's only you and Dujon who gives a f**k so why don't you jog on?

:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:It seems it's only you and Dujon who gives a f**k so why don't you jog on?

Oi, I'm in too...but it's a bit like having the Chrimbo tree up, in October atm....

You can bugger off and discuss who's got the prettiest trainers...

:mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:20 am

I'm the least knowlegable on the sport, but I'll be tuned in as ever.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks for the advertisment 8)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:13 am

Worthy4England wrote: .... but it's a bit like having the Chrimbo tree up, in October atm....
Which, in your case, is entirely possible.

How's that going Worthy?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: .... but it's a bit like having the Chrimbo tree up, in October atm....
Which, in your case, is entirely possible.

How's that going Worthy?
Negotiations have commenced. Think I'm going to have to settle for 30th November as apparently there's precedent already set.

I countered with "only doing it for the kids" shouldn't count anymore as out youngest would be 13 and therefore now a teenager. I was pointed to the fact that they're still counted as minors until the age of 18.

Think I'm stuffed. My missus should be doing my job.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:09 pm

THIS IS NOT "PROPER" RUGBY, THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE, JUST ALL PLEASE MOVE ALONG AND DRINK YOUR PIMMS :spank:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:00 am

:box: :fingers:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Oi, I'm in too...but it's a bit like having the Chrimbo tree up, in October atm....
aye - and to torture the anaolgy, there's an early office christmas party tonight in Franceland...

me - I'm still a bit nervous about this apparent plan to crow-bar Burgess into the centres...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:43 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
aye - and to torture the anaolgy, there's an early office christmas party tonight in Franceland...

me - I'm still a bit nervous about this apparent plan to crow-bar Burgess into the centres...
Sink or swim time for him.

With Manu being out there is a space for a big ball carrying unit in the centres but its if he is good enough, they should all certainly be fit enough.

It does give him a taste of the international game and might just make him stick in union rather than going back to league.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:41 pm

I see only Sky Sports have got tonioghts unfriendly against France. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I see only Sky Sports have got tonioghts unfriendly against France. :(
i think the beeb have highlights somewhere...

i'll go check..

hang on...

aye! 11:45-12:45 tonight - BBC1

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:18 pm

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a stream for this somewhere...