If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Decent signings these two IMO

Wellington Silva will very quickly become a crowd favourite at the Macron....he may need a couple of games to get used to how shit we are, but I think he'll link up really well with M Davies & Z Clough - apparently he's very quick and if NL gets the team to play to his strengths he'll give us a real threat going forward - all we need now is someone who can convert the opportunities that he'll create !

I also have a feeling Pisano will be the best right back we've had for a good few years.
As it seems you have never seen either player play, how can you decide they are good signings?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Wellington Silva will very quickly become a crowd favourite at the Macron....he may need a couple of games to get used to how shit we are, but I think he'll link up really well with M Davies & Z Clough - apparently he's very quick and if NL gets the team to play to his strengths he'll give us a real threat going forward - all we need now is someone who can convert the opportunities that he'll create !

I also have a feeling Pisano will be the best right back we've had for a good few years.
As it seems you have never seen either player play, how can you decide they are good signings?
I'm feeling positive BWFCI, I can just feel it - I spoke to Arsene earlier about Silva & he said he's exciting, fast, tricky and will surprise everyone with his quality so who am I to argue with Arsene, and TBH its very easy with Pisano as we haven't had a decent right back for ages so there is not much to be compared to !!

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Italian serie A defenders *sound* better than Wilson. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Spartan2 wrote:Italian serie A defenders *sound* better than Wilson. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
This - I've already raised my expectations for the season, we will now finish lower mid table, as opposed to the bottom 6, small steps and all that....

Wellington Silva player of the season....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:30 pm

jaffka wrote:Which, when that is considered should temper peoples expectations and demands.
There's no doubt Lennon has been given a bad hand.

There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly. He needs to step the frig away from the back three/five idea, for a start. Most of the other stuff (quotes about set pieces and team set-up) is worrying but fairly inconsequential, but we are unarguably starting to rack up more of those unwanted records.

I think Lennon has done a very good job this summer in the transfer market. He now needs to prove he can do a good job with tactics and selection. Those expectations and demands have very little to do with the transfer market. I'm not expecting him to turn shite to gold, but I think the squad we have is good enough for mid-table at least. A win against the previous fella - rather than the insipid capitulation displayed at the City Ground - would be a nice start.

COYWM.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:31 pm

I believe Pisano can play at left-back too.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aw, leave him be BWFCi, he's happy! And I really hope he's right.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Silva has been called the new Neymar, Clough is the new Messi, we just need the new Suarez and we'll be laughing :grin:

But seriously, I think we're a striker and a LB away from a very good team, that could challenge for the playoffs.
Last edited by Spartan2 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Pisano can play as a wingback. I fear Lenin has brought him in to allow a 3-5-2 when "required"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Spartan2 wrote:Silva has been called the new Neymar, Clough is the new Messi, we just need the new Suarez and we'll be laughing :grin:

But seriously, I think we're a striker and a LB away from a very good team, that could challenge for the playoffs.
Not if he bites someone's face off and gets banned for 20 games :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Yer gonna be gutted when he replaces Mavies with Silva and still has Feeney on the wing... :D

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Optimism

Blimey!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Yer gonna be gutted when he replaces Mavies with Silva and still has Feeney on the wing... :D
Yes that did cross my mind Worthy, but I have inside info that Feeney is now going to Atherton Colls on a season long loan so panic over .

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Yes that did cross my mind Worthy, but I have inside info that Feeney is now going to Atherton Colls on a season long loan so panic over .
:mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not picking on him. And don't get me wrong the fact that they've both top flight experience in two of the best European leagues is promising. But I've seen plenty with similar or better pedigree land here and be absolutely rubbish. Hopefully these two will be inspired and lead our charge up to mid table!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:21 pm

jmjhb wrote:I believe Pisano can play at left-back too.
Now, y'see ... if THAT is correct then it's like 2 signing in itself.

I'd still like to know what's wrong with Kellet at least getting a sniff.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Yeah but Ream's like getting shut of 5...RB, LB both CB's and a potential "ball playing" midfielder...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Yeah but Ream's like getting shut of 5...RB, LB both CB's and a potential "ball playing" midfielder...
Aye and a liability in all of em....

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not picking on him. And don't get me wrong the fact that they've both top flight experience in two of the best European leagues is promising. But I've seen plenty with similar or better pedigree land here and be absolutely rubbish. Hopefully these two will be inspired and lead our charge up to mid table!
and could have seen them a 1000 times and think they were ace, but wouldnt guarantee it would work out here.

I'm in the PT reason to be cheerful camp. Good pedigree and age. Been generally happy with NLs transfer business, so expect that to continue. Pisano has a nice set of tattoos too.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:58 pm

There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly.
Meanwhile, in pedants' corner: "belief" rather than "doubt", surely? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!