Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:06 pm

If managers can get bonuses in contracts for achieving certain goals, I don't see why they can't have punishment clauses too. Personally I wouldn't have signed anyone after Coyle without an explicit "we're bottom, here's the door, fxck off, and no money sonny" clause.
Time for Lennon to go. Yes. Can we afford it, I bloody hope so. Time for chairmen and owners to decide wtf they're doing too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:10 pm

No. No point sacking managers. People didn't get when I said last time that sacking Freedman wasn't the answer. It wasn't. Neither is sacking Lennon now. We have no money and can't obviously attract what we need which is someone with actual experience of managing underperforming clubs in this league with meagre funds.

We need to improve and Lennon needs to stop dicking around and start picking a consistent side with battlers.

And he needs to use the money Nixon and Iles say he has to strengthen up front and possibly find another all action physical midfield player. But a striker first.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:21 pm

It is time for the owner & chairman to decide what their doing, the goings on off the pitch are even worse than the shite on it - if that's at all possible, utter shambles. If anyone's to go its Gartside, but then again he should have gone years ago - how on earth he's still at the club in any capacity is a puzzle to me.

It's not time for sacking Lennon, he needs time but as BWFCI says someone needs to take him to one side and tell him to stop fecking about and pick a settled side in a settled shape so that everyone knows what they are doing - and he should stop whining about the lack of a goal scorer and a weak mentality and go and address the issue if like some say wages are available for a couple of players - a striker and a proper captain / leader.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Sacking Freedman was the answer to many, many things.

My greater fear with Lenin, being a better person that deadly Dougie, is that he may just say he's not making the difference and offer to walk.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't think it's time to sack the manager.

I also think the owner would like to sell, or at least get significant investment. The chairman would dearly love that too.

It's a worrying time, for sure. And somehow I knew, when I sae at half-time that we'd had the better of it, that we'd lose, probably to nil.

Confidence is shattered and it's a damn shame Lennon can't seem to do much about it. He's now entering damned-if-you-do territory because if he'd gone with an unchanged XI he'd have been pilloried too. But I have to say I don't understand some of those selection decisions today.

COYWM.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Sacking Freedman was the answer to many, many things.

My greater fear with Lenin, being a better person that deadly Dougie, is that he may just say he's not making the difference and offer to walk.
Hasn't been the answer to results. Or anything that actually matters.

Same pattern. Initial improvement, now a place lower than we were even then.

Results let's be brutally honest have been nothing short of appalling.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:37 pm

If Lennon goes he goes, I can't see it though as he hasn't exactly ripped up any trees at BWFC yet has he and doesn't come across as a quitter - I still like NL but I am having some doubts, but we still need to give him more time, but he is almost becoming as stubborn as Freedman in some respects.

More importantly IMO the club needs a new owner & a new chairman asap

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:47 pm

I still feel Lennon should have more time. Granted, results haven't been good and I am obviously not the only one getting really frustrated with it all, but I don't think sacking him would do any good....we need a striker and we need a holding midfielder....interesting to see when spearing went off we looked wide open again. He needs to work on us being organised and solid....hopefully we can pick up the points at home we need but lets at least give him more of a chance

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:47 pm

LLS, I understand where you're coming from: two wins in six months is not a sign that we're a player / goal / performance away from turning a corner. But, we'd be on our fourth manager in three years and none of the changes has led to an overall improvement. I don't think I could face another round of the new man overhauling the squad for no discernible benefit. That said, if Lennon did decide to walk, then I wouldn't be too disappointed; having failed to improve us over the last year, he isn't about to now.

Sad days, indeed.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:52 pm

well - at the moment, he isn't making a difference! He should fecking stay and do the job he agreed to do - the one we pay him for.

he's a bit out of his depth - i've said that before - it seems to be a step up from managing an unchallenged Celtic!

BUT... I still back him to find his feet eventually and start to turn things around - it's just that we will have to be VERY PATIENT with him. If he walks when the fans are still being so patient - then it will be a fecking giant feck off from me - we don't deserve that from a manager who hasn't yet actually proved himself in the English Leagues... walking away on a job not yet done when the fans are being patient with him does NOT make him look like a better person. (not to me anyway!)

and - wtf does it mean to say Lennon is a "better person" than Freedman?? wtf do any of us know about who/what they are as people?? All we should care about is - can they do the job we have asked them to do? Freedman couldn't - he's gone - Lenny hasn't yet shown he can either.

anyway - where the feck would he go? who'd take him on given his record so far?? (OK - I guess some bugger would - but it would be a gamble...)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:53 pm

twilight wrote:I still feel Lennon should have more time. Granted, results haven't been good and I am obviously not the only one getting really frustrated with it all, but I don't think sacking him would do any good....we need a striker and we need a holding midfielder....interesting to see when spearing went off we looked wide open again. He needs to work on us being organised and solid....hopefully we can pick up the points at home we need but lets at least give him more of a chance
We do need both those things. But needed them at the start of the summer too. And instead the little money we had has been spent on things that were far less critical.

That's the most irritating thing. Also Lennon supposedly has money now but is dicking around with trials for players like Ameobi. Then he says 'Ameobi is too similar to what we have'. I mean I get it but we didn't need a trial to determine that....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Nice that we have a thread where all the t@@ts can come together.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:25 pm

jaffka wrote:Nice that we have a thread where all the t@@ts can come together.
Thread? We've got a whole bleedin' forum for 'em.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:29 pm

thebish wrote:

well - at the moment, he isn't making a difference! He should fecking stay and do the job he agreed to do - the one we pay him for.

he's a bit out of his depth - i've said that before - it seems to be a step up from managing an unchallenged Celtic!

BUT... I still back him to find his feet eventually and start to turn things around - it's just that we will have to be VERY PATIENT with him. If he walks when the fans are still being so patient - then it will be a fecking giant feck off from me - we don't deserve that from a manager who hasn't yet actually proved himself in the English Leagues... walking away on a job not yet done when the fans are being patient with him does NOT make him look like a better person. (not to me anyway!)

and - wtf does it mean to say Lennon is a "better person" than Freedman?? wtf do any of us know about who/what they are as people?? All we should care about is - can they do the job we have asked them to do? Freedman couldn't - he's gone - Lenny hasn't yet shown he can either.

anyway - where the feck would he go? who'd take him on given his record so far?? (OK - I guess some bugger would - but it would be a gamble...)
Well said bish.

There was no sign of Lennon being a better person than just about anyone (well ok most Huns, but thats a given) when he managed Celtic. He was a whinging, bitter, spiteful ungracious arse.

Anyway, I told you all this when he joined, that he was clueless, and only got away with it in Scotland cos Celtic at that time were basically unchallenged.

He's shite, and proving it.

Can you re-instate my Lennon Out thread now? :negative:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:35 pm

jaffka wrote:Nice that we have a thread where all the t@@ts can come together.

welcome! :D

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 pm

I may have posted this before! (But) I met a Celtic fan recently whilst on holibags and got to discussing Lennon. His opinion was,thank feck he's your problem now and not ours.He said,other than beating Barca,he did nothing that any other Manager would and should have done with Celtic during that period.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:38 pm

What I don't understand is why we have the soft, feeble minded players on the pitch we do when surely to God it was the 'norm' for nearly every Scottish team where nearly every game could be classed as a local derby!
Lennon needs a clone of himself on the pitch but I wonder if that worries him?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:06 am

Hoboh wrote:What I don't understand is why we have the soft, feeble minded players on the pitch we do when surely to God it was the 'norm' for nearly every Scottish team where nearly every game could be classed as a local derby!
It isn't soft feeble minded players that seems to be our problem. it's not being able to score goals, is it not? We make chances enough; we did today, but can't finish them off, like Feeney's or Heskey heading a real chance straight at the keeper It all comes back to the same thing every game, we need a striker who can finish. Everybody knows this and admits it. Till we get one, what's going to change?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:18 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:What I don't understand is why we have the soft, feeble minded players on the pitch we do when surely to God it was the 'norm' for nearly every Scottish team where nearly every game could be classed as a local derby!
It isn't soft feeble minded players that seems to be our problem. it's not being able to score goals, is it not? We make chances enough; we did today, but can't finish them off, like Feeney's or Heskey heading a real chance straight at the keeper It all comes back to the same thing every game, we need a striker who can finish. Everybody knows this and admits it. Till we get one, what's going to change?
Crazy not to sign the Juke when he'd pretty much single handedly got us going.

Crazier not to sign ALF, who got better and better in his spell with us.

A failure to make a modest investment is now running down the owner's assets seriously...

And destroying this season - and possibly the following ten... We have form when it comes to dropping into the 3rd tier...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:20 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Keeping the ball out of our own net might not go amiss!
What we've had in the last few years would make the old One nil to the Arsenal look bloody amazing! In fact Lennon should watch videos of them.