24th v 4th - Birmingham (h) 20/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: 24th v 4th - Birmingham (h) 20/10/15

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Image

:hang:
In fairness, didn't look like there was anyone who might have been able to score, to cross to...
Quite.

Have you seen this:

A job in Politics awaits. The Lying Prick. feck Off Emile. Just feck Off

Is it not a case of a senior player who knows (the game) & that the team & manager are on the verge of dogs abuse & worse should we lose our next game, trying to hold a changing room & support base together? It's a time for a united front. Team, manager & fans alike. As a Wanderer, you should know it's not all about nights out at the Allianz Arena. .....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:43 pm

It is less than 750,000 spent by Brum. I suspect their wage bill is lower than ours too.

No situation is ever totally equivocal but by no means do their resources outstretch ours significantly.

Rowett has so far done a fantastic job there.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 pm

I can't recall anybody saying Birmingham haven't spent any money. Maybe someone did and I wasn't paying attention - I dopn't pore over the posts.

According to Wiki (but ignoring a trialist we apparently never signed), in his year here Lennon has signed 22 different players. Many were loans but I assume they are/were paid a wage.

Eidur Gudjohnsen
Emile Heskey
Filip Twardzik
Rochinha
Adam Le Fondre
Ben Amos
Simeon Slavchev
Barry Bannan
Saidy Janko
Giles Coke
Paddy McCarthy
Jordan Lussey
Gary Madine
Derik Osede
Jon Ceberio
Stephen Dobbie
Lawrie Wilson
Prince-Desir Gouano
Wellington Silva
Francesco Pisano
Jose Manuel Casado
Paul Rachubka

It's a hell of a turnover: we needed to get rid of a lot of players and hire others. I hope the ones we ended up with start playing better soon.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I can't recall anybody saying Birmingham haven't spent any money.
Some total wazzock posted
they've spent little
Well from what i've found out, that's horsehit.

But coming from the person who posts bullshit as the authorised version of everything, I wouldn't expect anything different.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Don't wish to rattle cages but this is an interesting BBC piece on Rowett (which also mentions erstwhile Wanderer Kevin Poole).

Birmingham haven't spent much but they were able to turn down £5m for Demerai Gray in summer. Would we hold out that high for Zach?

Truest line in the piece: "...for as long as his openness is backed up with results..."

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Don't wish to rattle cages but this is an interesting BBC piece on Rowett (which also mentions erstwhile Wanderer Kevin Poole).

Birmingham haven't spent much but they were able to turn down £5m for Demerai Gray in summer. Would we hold out that high for Zach?

Truest line in the piece: "...for as long as his openness is backed up with results..."
I'm not sure anyone would offer anywhere near that for Clough at the moment to be honest - maybe someone might in 12-16 months time if he can put together a spell of good injury-free form.