Allardyce interview: Financial side of the club is in crisis

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Allardyce interview: Financial side of the club is in cr

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:15 pm

It is a very reasonable interview that I can't argue with. "Crisis" perhaps overstretches it, but it certainly isn't a good place to be in with no further financial backing from an owner wanting out whilst owed an unfeasible amount of money from the business.

Totally agree with his thoughts that Lennon must get the best out of players and find ways to win matches.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:It is a very reasonable interview that I can't argue with. "Crisis" perhaps overstretches it, but it certainly isn't a good place to be in with no further financial backing from an owner wanting out whilst owed an unfeasible amount of money from the business.

Totally agree with his thoughts that Lennon must get the best out of players and find ways to win matches.
I'm willing to wager a lot of money that is what he is trying to do.

What a shame that the other team want to prevent us from doing that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:33 pm

jaffka wrote: I'm willing to wager a lot of money that is what he is trying to do.

This is a rather pointless comment. Yes it is a competitive sport. But that is the job. Perhaps Sam should just give up at Sunderland cos of the unfortunate situation and the fact there is the inconvenience of another team to play each week?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:40 pm

bigSam has a book out - so no prizes for guessing why he's running about poking things with sticks!

he's been out of the club for a long time now - so i doubt his financial assessments are any less "guesses" than ours would be.

as for his advice that lennon try to get more out of the players..

1) Sam never wastes a chance to big himself up (which he is doing here)
2) he is, though, right. Lennon SHOULD be getting more out of these players, even if he still wants new ones - he should be getting more than bottom place out of this bunch.

Allardyce got the best out of players by ruthlessly drilling them into a system that maximised their collective potential - even when it wasn't pretty. as far as getting points went (surely the key factor!) - it worked much of the time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:46 pm

thebish wrote:bigSam has a book out - so no prizes for guessing why he's running about poking things with sticks!

he's been out of the club for a long time now - so i doubt his financial assessments are any less "guesses" than ours would be.

as for his advice that lennon try to get more out of the players..

1) Sam never wastes a chance to big himself up (which he is doing here)
2) he is, though, right. Lennon SHOULD be getting more out of these players, even if he still wants new ones - he should be getting more than bottom place out of this bunch.

Allardyce got the best out of players by ruthlessly drilling them into a system that maximised their collective potential - even when it wasn't pretty. as far as getting points went (surely the key factor!) - it worked much of the time.
I think Allardyce had an eye for players who would fit into his systems and was exceptionally good at picking them up for cheap. Often the players in other circumstances would have been dreadful but he used them in roles that maximised their ability.

Primarily though he motivated them and created a group bond that I suspect he's found harder to match elsewhere.

Of course he is after headlines and when I clicked the link I expected some sensationalist stuff but really couldn't argue with much he said.

Only thing that grates is he loved the club so much, he walked out because having spent £10M in the summer he wanted to spend yet more and the owner didn't have it or wouldn't give it him. I get the "ambition took me away", every manager naturally wants to stretch themselves. But I don't think continually slagging off a club for not supporting you (when that wasn't the case) is particularly a good way to do things. Sure I bet Eddie wishes he had given him the money but they had backed him hugely the summer before and then during the season when panorama hit. He was hardly badly treated.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:42 pm

That Brummy twt can shove his opinions up his arse.
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote: I'm willing to wager a lot of money that is what he is trying to do.

This is a rather pointless comment. Yes it is a competitive sport. But that is the job. Perhaps Sam should just give up at Sunderland cos of the unfortunate situation and the fact there is the inconvenience of another team to play each week?
Feck me, says the person who posts that much to say so little.

What was that rock like you crawled under before duggie got the axe? You know, when you promised you would Feck off and not come back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:25 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What was that rock like you crawled under before duggie got the axe? You know, when you promised you would Feck off and not come back.
There isnt anything wrong with being civil. Even if you think someone is wrong or whatever. We all lose it from time to time I get that, but you know, there should be constructive discussion in the main. It would be better. I'm not going to throw insults around, or at least try. If you carry on doing, well that is your choice. But we can be better than this.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:There isnt anything wrong with being civil. Even if you think someone is wrong or whatever. We all lose it from time to time I get that, but you know, there should be constructive discussion in the main. It would be better. I'm not going to throw insults around, or at least try. If you carry on doing, well that is your choice. But we can be better than this.
If that what you want to do, read what you type before pressing submit.

Just a tip :wink:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 pm

First time I've heard him speak at length (if you can call it that) about us since leaving.

Nothing really interesting or enlightening, though, but at least he doesn't mention not being given funds in January 07 this time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Jugs wrote:First time I've heard him speak at length (if you can call it that) about us since leaving.

Nothing really interesting or enlightening, though, but at least he doesn't mention not being given funds in January 07 this time.

:D that bit must have been edited out! I can't believe he didn't raise it!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah, must have been :P There were a lot of pauses in there, which were probably edits.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What was that rock like you crawled under before duggie got the axe?
You know, when you promised you would Feck off and not come back.
Perhaps you could volunteer to spend some time there and find out? Dont rush back to let us know how it is.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:31 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Unnecessarily offensive. IMHO.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:44 am

Quite right Will.

It's been a while but I still think I can remember how to fire this here rifle.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Just seen this. Right between the eyes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 am

whats the point
Sto ut Serviam

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:20 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:whats the point
changed you post from last night :wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:23 pm

I stand by what he said.

He is a prick.

Ive had no pm's. suggesting to me that nobody is that interested.

Back up by some no mark granddad, I'll leave you wtw but I could be hurtful, Bolton's version of steve evans and the site fantasist who is a real nasty c**t with bullshit stories about rounding fecking horse up in Mongolia but doesn't have a camera to at the time on a trip of a lifetime, yeah whatever.

Like I said elsewhere, no longer the wanderer, its now the whinederer.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Quite right Will.

It's been a while but I still think I can remember how to fire this here rifle.
fecking do it.

I really don't give a shit.