Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:31 am

I think anything less than a win on Saturday and he has to go. If we can't beat Preston how are we going to get anything at Ipswich or Reading? I won 't accept that we have played some of the better teams in this league as we have also played poor teams e.g MK Dons and Blackburn as well. The sad reality is if we lose on Saturday were at serious risk of getting cut adrift. Yesterday was a must win game, from what I hear we played quite well but that's not good enough, better to play poor and win then play well and draw/lose, it's not luck it's taking chances and being able to defend a lead and were appalling at both of them at the moment.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I think anything less than a win on Saturday and he has to go. If we can't beat Preston how are we going to get anything at Ipswich or Reading? I won 't accept that we have played some of the better teams in this league as we have also played poor teams e.g MK Dons and Blackburn as well. The sad reality is if we lose on Saturday were at serious risk of getting cut adrift. Yesterday was a must win game, from what I hear we played quite well but that's not good enough, better to play poor and win then play well and draw/lose, it's not luck it's taking chances and being able to defend a lead and were appalling at both of them at the moment.
I think we will finish somewhere in the bottom eight, our true position in this league.
We might as well pine for the era of the dinosaur as keep remembering we were once a top half Premier league team!
Gartside got lucky with Sam and Eddie and has screwed it up!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:I think anything less than a win on Saturday and he has to go. If we can't beat Preston how are we going to get anything at Ipswich or Reading? I won 't accept that we have played some of the better teams in this league as we have also played poor teams e.g MK Dons and Blackburn as well. The sad reality is if we lose on Saturday were at serious risk of getting cut adrift. Yesterday was a must win game, from what I hear we played quite well but that's not good enough, better to play poor and win then play well and draw/lose, it's not luck it's taking chances and being able to defend a lead and were appalling at both of them at the moment.
I think we will finish somewhere in the bottom eight, our true position in this league.
We might as well pine for the era of the dinosaur as keep remembering we were once a top half Premier league team!
Gartside got lucky with Sam and Eddie and has screwed it up!
Whatever the circumstances and rights and wrongs it was never going to last forever.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:25 pm

We've been a few crossbars, a post, a couple of penalties and and some good keeper saves, plus a few untimely lousy-luck injuries away from the points. Can't last forever. We'll get it sorted.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:We've been a few crossbars, a post, a couple of penalties and and some good keeper saves, plus a few untimely lousy-luck injuries away from the points. Can't last forever. We'll get it sorted.
Yesterday Leeds hit the post twice and dominated most of the second half.

To suggest we are where we are because of bad luck is entirely wrong. We aren't unlucky. We've not been good enough to win games. Sometimes you get unlucky runs in football. This run, that stretches way back into last season is far more than a bit of bad luck.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:We've been a few crossbars, a post, a couple of penalties and and some good keeper saves, plus a few untimely lousy-luck injuries away from the points. Can't last forever. We'll get it sorted.

To suggest we are where we are because of bad luck is entirely wrong. We aren't unlucky. We've not been good enough to win games. Sometimes you get unlucky runs in football. This run, that stretches way back into last season is far more than a bit of bad luck.
I didn't suggest we are where we are from anything that others don't encounter. I just don't joint in thinking we're hanging off a cliff with out balls tied to a daisy every time we lose or only draw. It's called football and the main reason we are where we are is the fact that we are skint. If you can suggest a remedy for that you'll be a local hero.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I didn't suggest we are where we are from anything that others don't encounter. I just don't joint in thinking we're hanging off a cliff with out balls tied to a daisy every time we lose or only draw. It's called football and the main reason we are where we are is the fact that we are skint. If you can suggest a remedy for that you'll be a local hero.

Again we aren't the only skint side in this division. And our wage budget isn't the smallest either.

We are where we are for a variety of reasons. Mainly because we aren't very good. And the management and coaching staff don't have a clue how to produce a winning side from the players they have got and signed. That about sums up the situation.

Yes we aren't in a position to buy our way out of trouble. Just like we weren't when Allardyce pitched up. But we do need to get out of this and stop making excuses and feeling sorry for ourselves. Yesterday we let Leeds dominate the second half. That is nobody's fault than our own. Even then Leeds were pretty poor but a terrible double mistake gave them the equaliser. Again another thing that we can't blame anyone else for.

We saw what players like Pratley, Danns, Dervite etc were capable of in a good run last season. They are currently underperforming and I don't see the point of ignoring that and pretending it is just bad luck and it will change. It hasn't changed since last January. The only people who can change it is our manager, coaches and players.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:51 pm

^ Aye, okay.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:49 pm

'Fraid I have to agree with BWFCI on this Tango, we may have odd individuals capable of performing better than they are or at least they would if they had some spine but collectively, as a group, they are not good enough for anything other than a mid table finish.
Even that is looking a tall order to be fair.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Whatever the circumstances and rights and wrongs it was never going to last forever.

..................just ask Echo and the Bunnymen..................................

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:12 pm

this site needs renaming from the wanderer to the whinederer

feck me

all being cheerlead by an insane prick who spat his dummy out once before and backed up by people who don't go

site is shit now

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:42 pm

We haven't exactly had much to cheer about the last 8 years (the last 4 in particular) so the Whinederer is probably more apt. :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:26 pm

jaffka wrote:this site needs renaming from the wanderer to the whinederer

feck me

all being cheerlead by an insane prick who spat his dummy out once before and backed up by people who don't go

site is shit now
Thank Lord we are not the Labour party then :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:41 pm

We're shit.. That's mainly because we've more than a handful of players in our reguylar starting XI that I don;t believe would be in the a large chunk of the teams in the division below us.

Danns offer nowt other than the occasional tackle, but is consistently in no mans land, Vela is hugely overrated but he's still young and has a bit of potential (that I'm struggling to see personally)

Davies is massively talented, but fades and only wants the ball in areas where he won't affect the match. Heskey and Madine have somehow made Ameobi look like the second coming of Christ.

Feeney is just fvckin' woeful and Pratley has turned into the Pratley we all know and hated (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, as he's feeling his way back from injury).

Clayton looks lost in this side when he plays, as he takes up good positions and wants the ball, but the midfielders are 15 yards too deep an the frontmen might aswell be sat down having circle time

The defenders who can run are great, absolutely great - But then do something daft that costs us points. The centre backs who can;t run, cause so much discomfort that the midfielders drop deep to make sure they're not exploited and the full backs don;t want to cross halfway for fear of a ball into the channel not being swept up

It's abysmal from front to back at the minute and we've no identity or way of playing
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Lovely optimistic post there from Boris.

I agree on most things, though, sadly.

My biggest gripe with Madine haters, though, is that his biggest threat is his head. But we have wingers who can't cross. Feeney, for all his effort and endeavour, can't pick Madine out, while Wellington's crosses usually end up out of play for a bloody goal kick. If we had a few lads who could cross a ball, we might get a few more goals out of Madine.

Also, I like Vela but he needs to decide what he is. The lad can pass a ball, but he doesn't get stuck in. He's not DM.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:
It's abysmal from front to back at the minute and we've no identity or way of playing

this is the thing that concernes me most... even with crap/bargain-baesement players I'd expect us to set up to some kind of recognisable plan designed to:

a) get the best out of the players we do have
b) make us hard to beat
c) give us at least a chance beyond simply hoping something breaks our way to score the odd goal

either we don't have one or it is so subtle I can't see it (either is possible!)

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:08 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

this is the thing that concernes me most... even with crap/bargain-baesement players I'd expect us to set up to some kind of recognisable plan designed to:

a) get the best out of the players we do have
b) make us hard to beat
c) give us at least a chance beyond simply hoping something breaks our way to score the odd goal

either we don't have one or it is so subtle I can't see it (either is possible!)
where are you looking ?; what are you looking at ?; when did you last look ?; how often have you looked ?do you know what you are looking for ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:11 pm

1) at the football - live and on streams
2) the pitch and the players
3) QPR away
4) about 6 full games this season
5) a plan (like i said)

maybe you can explain our plan for me? I really would be interested to know what it is. (seriously!)

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:We're shit.. That's mainly because we've more than a handful of players in our reguylar starting XI that I don;t believe would be in the a large chunk of the teams in the division below us.

Danns offer nowt other than the occasional tackle, but is consistently in no mans land, Vela is hugely overrated but he's still young and has a bit of potential (that I'm struggling to see personally)

Davies is massively talented, but fades and only wants the ball in areas where he won't affect the match. Heskey and Madine have somehow made Ameobi look like the second coming of Christ.

Feeney is just fvckin' woeful and Pratley has turned into the Pratley we all know and hated (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, as he's feeling his way back from injury).

Clayton looks lost in this side when he plays, as he takes up good positions and wants the ball, but the midfielders are 15 yards too deep an the frontmen might aswell be sat down having circle time

The defenders who can run are great, absolutely great - But then do something daft that costs us points. The centre backs who can;t run, cause so much discomfort that the midfielders drop deep to make sure they're not exploited and the full backs don;t want to cross halfway for fear of a ball into the channel not being swept up

Thank fcuk someone who agrees with me on these two wasters - I've been saying this for months, Danns & Feeney are shockingly, very limited, average league 1 level players & we will never move forward with these in the team.

Some fans think they are ok just because they put some effort in, but they are awful - no other team in the championship would have this pair unless we paid them.

And we have no shape, organisation and no clear tactics week in week out, a different formation or way of playing every week - a manager should have a clear way / system that he likes to play and then bring in the best available players to play in that system.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

thebish wrote:1) at the football - live and on streams
2) the pitch and the players
3) QPR away
4) about 6 full games this season
5) a plan (like i said)

maybe you can explain our plan for me? I really would be interested to know what it is. (seriously!)
sorry I still dont know what this 'plan' is you are looking for, unless its drawn from the 'we play a set way & let the opposition worry about us' mentality. I can see a manager selecting a variety of players according to their availability, his choice of how to deploy them in a way he thinks he can nullify and beat the opposition. I can see formations and tactics at the start and changes made within games. I suspect he is trying more different things than he'd like just to try and get a result/ change in fortune

As has been pointed out results are not happening, so in that respect he can be judged as failing. Whilst inevitably NL has made some blunders (e.g. pairing Heskey & Madine), its also as much to do with players not doing what they are supposed to do - whether thats a mental, physical or ability thing is open to debate.