All quiet on the Preston front - 31/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: All quiet on the Preston front - 31/10/15

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:58 pm

I thought we edged it despite being awful. There's some shite in this division.

Different game if the ref does his job.

And Christ, did somebody make sky show that?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:I thought we edged it despite being awful. There's some shite in this division.

Ha, imagine the viewing figures.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Really poor in general. Positives were casado, wheater, madine when he came on, vela i suspect was double figures above everyone else for pass accuracy.

Negatives, how we played! Derik at right back. Detvites use of the ball. Feeney and clayton too narrow, pratley, spearings set piece delivery.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:00 pm

About as exciting as door handles. No movement, no ideas, no risks, no passion, no technique, no wavelengths, no direction.

Those that went - fair play to you. There is so much to do in the world, so to spend your hard-earned on that takes a special kind of dedication.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Absolute shite. Turgid, negative, depressing stale football. No passion. Nothing.

As bad as I can remember us being.
Not sure we were that bad. Centr halves were good especially Wheater, effort was there. We were competitive but utterly devoid of attacking composure or quality.
Madine did everything right except kick it hard enough. Typical.
Two very poor teams and s dreadful advert for the league.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Thought Wheater and Dervite were excellent tbf. And Casado. The other end is the problem, but the way we set up does not help.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Hoping that there are 3 teams are worse than us in the league.

Doubt there will be.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:03 pm

We were shite. But on the positive side, Wheater, Casado and Spearing looked good.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:I thought we edged it despite being awful. There's some shite in this division.

That's more or less the nub of it. We gave them acres of space but they couldn't do anything with it. On balance we had the better chances, Clayton through on goal when their player should have been sent off and the Madine effort at the end. We might just have to hope there are three teams worse than us.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:13 pm

A point away from home guys.

Thought we were organised. The team played well apart from Derek who looked a mistake waiting to happen.

In addition, I thought we gave them too much space between man and ball when they were trying to play balls/crosses into the box.

We knew we would have limited chances and a good save from their goalie was the difference between 1 and 3 points.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:15 pm

A constant porocession of kids trick or treating, dog going xxxxxxx bananas at fireworks going off all the time and Bolton looking like a side put together out of the tap room. All in all, thank xxxx Halloween's over.

Just a good job our defence managed to scramble everything away, even if they did behave like the ball was a live grenade. Deryk playing some sort of spot-the-invisible-ball and a total lack of commitment (call it skill?) up front. Madine's effort apart, did we actually have a shot at goal? Why are we surprised at the non-red card decision? We never seem to get even a smell at decisions going our way. Ref was a definite Specsavers client. There were more shoves in the back from their defenders than a bunch of kids in a swimming baths and not a single one called. Football seems to have swung from over-zealous pat-a-cake rules to Queens Park all in. A pretty grim display but illustrating well why we're propping the league up.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:29 pm

What the feck was that, what an utter bag of shit

Possibly the worst game of football I've ever seen - this is the worst team since the 80's, the creativity & movement was non existing - do we actually practice anything in training....the team plays in reverse, absolutely no tempo & desire to get forward. If we avoid relegation it'll be a miracle. Pratley was a fecking disgrace, he wouldn't even get a 1 out of 10 from me - Wheater MOM for me, Spearing not bad & Casado also - but the rest where atrocious - Derek was woeful at RB (but shouldn't be played there), Vela, Feeney, Ameobi, Clayton also poor.

Lennon hasn't got a clue how to get this lot looking like a football team - best part of he night was the 'we want Gartside out' sang very loudly at the end by the Bolton fans

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Sponge wrote:

Ha, imagine the viewing figures.
One here, via "Now".
Sat down with a pint hoping for a rip-roaring Lancashire derby which, if not filled with quality would be filled with passion...bookings, sendings off, managers dismissed at half-time, that sort of thing.
Left after 55 minutes to fix the light in the garage and put the washing on.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:40 pm

DJBlu wrote:Hoping that there are 3 teams are worse than us in the league.

Doubt there will be.
I don't know, we moved up 2 places with that and a win could take us up another 4. We are rubbish but not alone in that. And I think we're not far off sneaking the odd win, with as much or more chance of doing so as anyone in the bottom 6 which is we're I'm sure we will stay. We're not getting tonked right now. Best chance is an attacking trio of Shola Clayton and Davies. We have to try to make that work.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:49 pm

When is Clough back? With him Clayton and Davies playing off the physical presence of Ameobi we'd be a threat. Presumably nullified by being played in a mental formation.

Until he is I'd be playing Spearing behind Pratz and Mavies with Clayton and Feeney wide. Pick a settled back 4 (the one that ended tonight, though I could be persuaded Prince gets in before Dervite). We'd be fine.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Every time I saw Deryk I just thought I was seeing the Fonz and something comical was about to happen!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:29 pm

A point is a point and both teams looked terrified of losing. We left space all over the place which they didn't exploit. What's more worrying for me is the poor decision making in all areas of the pitch. Survival will be a struggle but I still think we'll manage it.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:A point is a point and both teams looked terrified of losing. We left space all over the place which they didn't exploit. What's more worrying for me is the poor decision making in all areas of the pitch. Survival will be a struggle but I still think we'll manage it.
Nine points from fourteen games ( a possible 42) makes me hope so rather than think so, and I'm an optimist.... :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 pm

The most worrying thing is how tactically clueless we are. It's like 11 people who have never met before. Lennon fine at Celtic when most games are a gimme. No good at working with this lot. Good day out ruined by an awful display AGAIN

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:22 pm

I keep thinking before every game we play something has to click however they just go on and show how far away they really are.

There was no sign of a team out there today. Just a load of individuals who didn't want to lose.