Rugby World Cup 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by jaffka » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:I missed the Aussie game, but we beat Fiji comfortably

And for my money, losing against Wales was a freak result

I never felt we were going to lose
Good miss on the Aussie game - never at the races. Fiji, I thought we gave silly pengies away, but they weren't quite good enough to make them pay and the result worked out ok. Wales, I started worrying about half time...
We were the only team to get a bonus point win against Fiji. That was a good result when it was perceived we weren't at our best, little did we know that massive disappointment loomed.

Against Wales the replacements seemed to swing the game and favoured them. The game was additional and no doubt we suffered injuries but there is a suspicion that Lancaster makes planned substitutions and sticks by them, very much like Farrell coming on Burgess. Maybe too much analysis of the statistics :D

Feck, against Australia we just froze. Utterly shit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Analysis??!!! Statistics??! Me? :-)

I think they probably support what we're both saying and saw - not enough from the forwards in terms of retention, gain-line breaks etc. When we were up against it not enough tackles made that counted. :-)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Saturday 24th October
SF1
South Africa v New Zealand
16.00 Twickenham, London

Sunday 25th October
SF2
Argentina vs Australia
16.00 Twickenham, London

Predicting a Australia v New Zealand final, which isn't anything other than backing the favourites in their respective matches.

I would like Argentina to do it though now at this stage, defintley going out now that I want them to win.

Don't like the bok at all but Saturday should be brutal, it will have to be if the boks are to have a chance.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:38 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm not starting a seperate thread about Rugby League, cos I know less about it than I do about Union (and that's f-all) but I just watcxhed England beat New Zealand 26-12 and they played well. That Graham fella is a real powerhouse for his size.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:55 pm

20-14 us against the all-blacks in the third Rugby League test. Tough stuff and they came back hard at the death, but we did pretty good in the mud. James Graham again immense..... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:59 pm

So we have a new coach! Eddie Jones...

let's enjoy the ride! 6 nations here we come - woooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Think he has a lot of work to do between now and then. Not least of which is sorting out what sort of game we're going to be playing...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:Think he has a lot of work to do between now and then. Not least of which is sorting out what sort of game we're going to be playing...
aye.. and he said upfront and directly that he would be telling the players what that is! (and it won't be a copy of another country - it will be "English") - I think that was (as you are suggesting) the big failure of the previous incumbent - it was never entirely clear what style of rugby we were playing... it confuses the players and dicks up selection!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Here's as good a place as any - Rowntree (forwards), Catt (attack) and Farrell (defence) all given the boot...Some decent folks in that trio, but clearly wasn't working.

New coaching set-up on the way in - not sure what to make of it. Borthwick (forwards - but allegedly not scrummaging), Gustard (defence), tbd (backs and skillz)...

Not long to 6 Nations.