Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Which of the following should we try to have at the club next season?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Remi Matthews
16
8%
Josh Emmanuel
14
7%
Jack Hobbs
1
1%
Yoan Zouma
13
7%
Toto Nsiala
5
3%
Kean Bryan
11
6%
Brandon Fleming
5
3%
Joe Bunney
13
7%
Jason Lowe
16
8%
Luke Murphy
2
1%
Ethan Hamilton
7
4%
Jacob Mellis
5
3%
Ali Crawford
21
11%
Ronan Darcy
22
11%
Anthony Georgiou
1
1%
Joe Dodoo
14
7%
Chris O'Grady
6
3%
Daryl Murphy
16
8%
Connor Hall
2
1%
Keith Hill
3
2%
 
Total votes: 193

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Enoch » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 pm

All this indecision's bugging me.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 am

Enoch wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 pm
All this indecision's bugging me.

:D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am

From the BN:

Along with Harry Brockbank, Ryan Delaney, Liam Edwards, Muhammadu Faal, Dennis Politic and George Thomasson, the club has also recently announced that scholars Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham will sign pro deals.

But 14 senior stars - Josh Emmanuel, Joe Bunney, Jason Lowe, Jack Hobbs, Will Buckley, Luke Murphy, Daryl Murphy, Chris O’Grady, Ali Crawford, Jacob Mellis, Remi Matthews, Joe Dodoo, Connor Hall, and Yoann Zouma, will see their contract expire at the end of this month.

It also says: The club insist efforts will be made to secure some of the names on that list.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18375
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am
From the BN:

Along with Harry Brockbank, Ryan Delaney, Liam Edwards, Muhammadu Faal, Dennis Politic and George Thomasson, the club has also recently announced that scholars Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham will sign pro deals.

But 14 senior stars - Josh Emmanuel, Joe Bunney, Jason Lowe, Jack Hobbs, Will Buckley, Luke Murphy, Daryl Murphy, Chris O’Grady, Ali Crawford, Jacob Mellis, Remi Matthews, Joe Dodoo, Connor Hall, and Yoann Zouma, will see their contract expire at the end of this month.

It also says: The club insist efforts will be made to secure some of the names on that list.
Aye. Pointless making those "efforts" until the boss man is in place. Which, hopefully...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20284
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Christ, the word "star" is doing a lot of lifting there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26601
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am
From the BN:

Along with Harry Brockbank, Ryan Delaney, Liam Edwards, Muhammadu Faal, Dennis Politic and George Thomasson, the club has also recently announced that scholars Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham will sign pro deals.

But 14 senior stars - Josh Emmanuel, Joe Bunney, Jason Lowe, Jack Hobbs, Will Buckley, Luke Murphy, Daryl Murphy, Chris O’Grady, Ali Crawford, Jacob Mellis, Remi Matthews, Joe Dodoo, Connor Hall, and Yoann Zouma, will see their contract expire at the end of this month.

It also says: The club insist efforts will be made to secure some of the names on that list.
Aye. Pointless making those "efforts" until the boss man is in place. Which, hopefully...
Yep - I think the ones we want may go fairly quickly elsewhere so probably needs a move on.

Though reality is all lower league clubs will be in a tough spot - its the ones we might lose upwards that I think we'd have to move very quickly on - even then probably unlikely in some cases.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18375
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:27 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am
From the BN:

Along with Harry Brockbank, Ryan Delaney, Liam Edwards, Muhammadu Faal, Dennis Politic and George Thomasson, the club has also recently announced that scholars Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham will sign pro deals.

But 14 senior stars - Josh Emmanuel, Joe Bunney, Jason Lowe, Jack Hobbs, Will Buckley, Luke Murphy, Daryl Murphy, Chris O’Grady, Ali Crawford, Jacob Mellis, Remi Matthews, Joe Dodoo, Connor Hall, and Yoann Zouma, will see their contract expire at the end of this month.

It also says: The club insist efforts will be made to secure some of the names on that list.
Aye. Pointless making those "efforts" until the boss man is in place. Which, hopefully...
Yep - I think the ones we want may go fairly quickly elsewhere so probably needs a move on.

Though reality is all lower league clubs will be in a tough spot - its the ones we might lose upwards that I think we'd have to move very quickly on - even then probably unlikely in some cases.
Aye. Your Crawfords and your Matthewses are quite probably going to be offered *something* by the incoming gaffer, but then they're quite within their rights to sit and see if they get a better offer – so it's all hurry-up-and-wait anyway. But that's our place in the scheme of things.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18375
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:35 am

A curiously-phrased announcement, buried under a noble offer to renew all schoolboy terms, suggests that none of our out-of-contract players have been offered a new deal... yet.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/a ... choolboys/
the Club can confirm that the following players are currently contracted to the Club as professionals.

Harry Brockbank
Ryan Delaney
Liam Edwards
Muhammadu Faal
Dennis Politic
George Thomason

Talks regarding contract extensions remain ongoing and are scheduled with certain out of contract players.
NB we also agreed pro deals with several 'graduates' - Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham.

Guess it's all up in the air for the seniors (not Senior) while we wait for a manager. And I'm working again today so I'm wearing my fingers away refreshing webpages...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26601
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:35 am
A curiously-phrased announcement, buried under a noble offer to renew all schoolboy terms, suggests that none of our out-of-contract players have been offered a new deal... yet.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/a ... choolboys/
the Club can confirm that the following players are currently contracted to the Club as professionals.

Harry Brockbank
Ryan Delaney
Liam Edwards
Muhammadu Faal
Dennis Politic
George Thomason

Talks regarding contract extensions remain ongoing and are scheduled with certain out of contract players.
NB we also agreed pro deals with several 'graduates' - Ronan Darcy, Adam Senior, Callum King-Harmes, Matt Alexander and Sonny Graham.

Guess it's all up in the air for the seniors (not Senior) while we wait for a manager. And I'm working again today so I'm wearing my fingers away refreshing webpages...
I’d give up refreshing webpages till next week. Doubt anything will happen till then. I’d bet end of week, we all know Bolton drag these things out. See azitbindun.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18375
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm
I’d give up refreshing webpages till next week. Doubt anything will happen till then. I’d bet end of week, we all know Bolton drag these things out. See azitbindun.
Oh I don't expect anything will happen today, but as I'm literally staring at a Google Chrome window for work I may as well keep tabs on it.

FWIW I reckon rumours of completion will emerge tomorrow night, announcement Monday morning - but we'll see.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Should they stay or should they go? Summer 2020 edition

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm
I’d give up refreshing webpages till next week. Doubt anything will happen till then. I’d bet end of week, we all know Bolton drag these things out. See azitbindun.
Oh I don't expect anything will happen today, but as I'm literally staring at a Google Chrome window for work I may as well keep tabs on it.

FWIW I reckon rumours of completion will emerge tomorrow night, announcement Monday morning - but we'll see.

48 hours then?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests