The Real War of the Roses , the Play-Offs Part One, V Barnsley at home Sat 13th May 3-0 clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Real War of the Roses , the Play-Offs Part One, V Barnsley at home Sat 13th May 3-0 clock.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 12, 2023 3:47 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsJT8xToBnd/
JDB.jpg
JDB.jpg (192.02 KiB) Viewed 840 times

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Real War of the Roses , the Play-Offs Part One, V Barnsley at home Sat 13th May 3-0 clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 12, 2023 4:11 pm

Don’t know much about social media but I think that means he’s ‘ready’….

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 12, 2023 6:08 pm

It could all be an elaborate hoax... :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 12, 2023 7:06 pm

Never will fully understand bolton fans. We take 35 thousand down to Wembley for a pizza cup final. Brilliant as it was…we then sell 25 thousand home tickets for the family game against Cambridge.

But we are currently selling about 20 thousand home tickets for the first leg of a play off game tomorrow.

I would honestly have thought it would sell out. Saturday at 3pm.

Weird. I know it’s cost of living nightmare and everything but still….don’t really get it.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri May 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Strange seeing Bodvarsson declaring himself as ready. Surely it's a bit much to consider him ready to be our saviour.

Perhaps a contracts been agreed in principal otherwise why would he be wanting to risk flaring up an injury in the last few games of the season. Certainly would be a wiser move for his career to ensure he'd got a contract before risking injury. That being said it might be a case of him announcing it so that anyone paying attention knows he's in contention so he can get himself a suitor.

Can see us wanting to renew his contract whatever leagues he's in as he's shown he's capable as a championship or league one player. Only doubt was the injury.

Certainly endeared himself to the fans so there's no issues in that department

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 12, 2023 7:50 pm

Oooo the thought of JDB off the bench has me a
Little bit more excited than I was an hour ago 😄

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:06 pm
Never will fully understand bolton fans. We take 35 thousand down to Wembley for a pizza cup final. Brilliant as it was…we then sell 25 thousand home tickets for the family game against Cambridge.

But we are currently selling about 20 thousand home tickets for the first leg of a play off game tomorrow.

Weird. I know it’s cost of living nightmare and everything but still….don’t really get it.

I'm not sure there's any great mystery - a significant proportion of those who went to Wembley went for the day out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 12, 2023 7:55 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not sure there's any great mystery - a significant proportion of those who went to Wembley went for the day out.
Of course though historically we’ve not taken such large numbers there even with a day out.

But to then sell out pretty much the home sections for Cambridge and not do so for this is a bit odd. Maybe it’s just the prices.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri May 12, 2023 7:57 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I’m sure plenty who went to Wembley (myself included) also don’t live in the Bolton area anymore.

The weather looks good tomorrow so I reckon we’ll get plenty decide to show up at the last minute. 25k on I’d guess, which would be fine.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 12, 2023 8:29 pm

Posh 1 up aftr 24 mins....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 12, 2023 8:40 pm

Peterborough 2 up. Did say they were dangerous with last day momentum and nowt to lose. Still long way to go.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri May 12, 2023 9:13 pm

Oops. Posh 3 Owls 0
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 12, 2023 9:18 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 9:13 pm
Oops. Posh 3 Owls 0

So, that Posh's goal quota for the play offs used up. The stars are aligning.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Fri May 12, 2023 9:20 pm

Not to say it will happen—of course not—but that Poku vs. John or Randy… eesh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 12, 2023 9:26 pm

I fear Peterborough at Wembley. They have nowt to lose. They have the young side. I think we could easily catch the others cold like we did Plymouth. But Peterborough are very dangerous now.

Course got Barnsley first. But 5th v 6th in play off final wouldn’t shock me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 12, 2023 9:27 pm

Well, this didn't go entirely to plan then...one could say....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri May 12, 2023 9:43 pm

Game over methinks. Posh 4 up
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Fri May 12, 2023 9:45 pm

These look bloody good. Mix of attacks. So fast back to front. Good deliveries. Be reet.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 12, 2023 9:49 pm

Blimey Wednesday have ballsed this up haven’t they?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 12, 2023 9:50 pm

If they'd let Derby equalise, they wouldn't have played Posh....