Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm
Iles saying that the whole thing was due to be concluded at 6pm last Thursday. Nobody seriously believes it would have been do they? Even before barking mad Bassini came along we'd missed every other proposed completion date!
I believe that's what the admins expected to happen...whether it would have done....no point in discussing now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Iles saying that the whole thing was due to be concluded at 6pm last Thursday. Nobody seriously believes it would have been do they? Even before barking mad Bassini came along we'd missed every other proposed completion date!
I don't see how the whole thing could've been concluded, given we don't know who preferred bidder for hotel is. I know BWFCi keeps saying it was "agreed" between Rubins and Quantuma - but then why bother running a process, if they know for a fact the answer is FV? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I don't see how the whole thing could've been concluded, given we don't know who preferred bidder for hotel is. I know BWFCi keeps saying it was "agreed" between Rubins and Quantuma - but then why bother running a process, if they know for a fact the answer is FV? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Did you miss the bit where they released via Iles "the process could end at any point if an "outstanding" bid is received"? That was their out. They made a stupid statement - their only statement - at a poor time. But regardless the position was it was being done two weeks ago. Then on Thursday. People can doubt that if they wish. Doesn't mean it wasn't the case.

Also lets see Iles' tweet just now...

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc
There are a couple of chains in, the Kamani bros seem interested (albeit they claim not in the club). Unfortunately, separating the two businesses is nigh-on impossible... As I think they'll find out.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
^ THIS.
Of course it wasn't agreed before Thursday.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Did you miss the bit where they released via Iles "the process could end at any point if an "outstanding" bid is received"? That was their out. They made a stupid statement - their only statement - at a poor time. But regardless the position was it was being done two weeks ago. Then on Thursday. People can doubt that if they wish. Doesn't mean it wasn't the case.

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc
There are a couple of chains in, the Kamani bros seem interested (albeit they claim not in the club). Unfortunately, separating the two businesses is nigh-on impossible... As I think they'll find out.
This is bullshit too.
I think you might find it impossible to separate the hotel and club from an FV point of view.
I doubt very much you'd find it hard to separate a hotel bid from the club from a Boohoo point of view.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc

But how do they know a bid is outstanding until they complete the frigging process? Let's be honest, if FV's bid was "outstanding" they'd have announced it by now - which they haven't and Iles actually suggesting there are two very similar bids in at the moment
Assuming he's got it from the same horses mouth, then there hasn't been a "outstanding" bid and therefore they couldn't have signed Thursday....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:43 pm

I'll be fxcking staggered if Quantuma actually make an announcement today either. There is no "Outstanding Bid". They're struggling to juggle which of the shit bids they've received is the less shittiest...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:43 pm
I'll be fxcking staggered if Quantuma actually make an announcement today.
I would too - that Iles tweet was from last Friday just so folks don't get confused. So the day after they were allegedly going to announce everything....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc

But how do they know a bid is outstanding until they complete the frigging process? Let's be honest, if FV's bid was "outstanding" they'd have announced it by now - which they haven't and Iles actually suggesting there are two very similar bids in at the moment
Assuming he's got it from the same horses mouth, then there hasn't been a "outstanding" bid and therefore they couldn't have signed Thursday....
Because this isn't a tender process. Quantuma knew full well by June who was interested and on what terms. They knew the levels of bidder. The "process" is not as being represented - formally they made a statement because they were getting attention - and I think they regretted saying anything. Anyhow I'm stopping now because it's all far too frustrating....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:49 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc

Because this isn't a tender process. Quantuma knew full well by June who was interested and on what terms. They knew the levels of bidder. The "process" is not as being represented - formally they made a statement because they were getting attention - and I think they regretted saying anything. Anyhow I'm stopping now because it's all far too frustrating....
You're stopping now because you are talking shit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc

If it is as you suggest, they could've save themselves time and money by just announcing in June that the sale of the hotel was going to the same bidder as the Club. They didn't formally do that at any time I'm aware of and given the process that allegedly isn't running, still seems to be running, I'm going to assume they're running a process. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Marc Iles
@MarcIles
·
2m
Replying to
@wandererswave

@SBBWFC
and
@luke_bwfc

If it is as you suggest, they could've save themselves time and money by just announcing in June that the sale of the hotel was going to the same bidder as the Club. They didn't formally do that at any time I'm aware of and given the process that allegedly isn't running, still seems to be running, I'm going to assume they're running a process. :-)
The preferred bidder was meant to be announced Friday - I musta missed that? That was the supposed process...

I've no doubt that FV are their plan a and that they'll have a plan b - should something go massively wrong. I'm unconvinced who is buying the hotel without the club being assured a future. But we'll see.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Both Iles and Nixon seemed to be saying for the last week or so, that the Hotel PB was due to be announced last Friday...Bassini has bought them some time, I suspect because now they can say "can't announce at the moment"....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm
Both Iles and Nixon seemed to be saying for the last week or so, that the Hotel PB was due to be announced last Friday...Bassini has bought them some time, I suspect because now they can say "can't announce at the moment"....
You mean it bought Nixon some time to make up some more bollocks?

As for the rest I think Iles is pretty close - he never promised an announcement as far as I know - but said they "might" say something Friday - they didn't. But Iles has also said the deal was close twice along the timescales I've already outlined. So do you believe him or not?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:28 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

As for the rest I think Iles is pretty close - he never promised an announcement as far as I know - but said they "might" say something Friday - they didn't. But Iles has also said the deal was close twice along the timescales I've already outlined. So do you believe him or not?
NO.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

NO.
I'm confused. No you don't believe him or No you don't not believe him? :hang:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

NO.
I'm confused. No you don't believe him or No you don't not believe him? :hang:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I'm not sure it's a case of believing Iles or not. He's at best reporting what he gets told and that could vary depending on who's doing the telling. I think he's getting some dialogue of Rubin's, I'm less sure any bugger is getting much off Quantuma. At the time we're pointing to Quantuma understanding what the plan was in June, Iles reported on 16 July

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... e/?ref=rss

"Insolvency firm Quantuma released a statement this evening claiming that they have had “limited contact” until recently with David Rubin and Partners, the administrators at the club, or their preferred bidders, the Football Ventures consortium. "

Iles seems to be suggesting it's bunk that Quantuma had done much, even by half way through July.

Given everything that's going on, I'm inclined to belives Quantuma's statement that not much had happened in terms of joint understanding by mid-July. I'm not even certain it's there now. They're separate processes as I've mentioned...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Because this isn't a tender process. Quantuma knew full well by June who was interested and on what terms. They knew the levels of bidder. The "process" is not as being represented - formally they made a statement because they were getting attention - and I think they regretted saying anything. Anyhow I'm stopping now ....
I repeat: bullshit. Of course it's a process. Bids have been submitted, Quantuma are still attempting to sort the chaff from the turds.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm stopping for the same reason many have stopped (or so I'm told) - I'm sick to the back teeth of you! No reason other than that.