Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm
We do not know for sure premiums are being paid as usual do we?

They played last week after Shazza intervened, so unless they discovered premiums haven't been paid, then i'm not sure how yesterday was any different.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm
We do not know for sure premiums are being paid as usual do we?

They played last week after Shazza intervened, so unless they discovered premiums haven't been paid, then i'm not sure how yesterday was any different.
Not saying it was but Iles argument was that the injunction and subsequent statement that it threatened the club’s existence changed their state of mind in terms of turning out. In that week before told takeover would be done they played reluctantly. Week after told club might be liquidated and didn’t. Wages situation wouldn’t have changed from one week to next either.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Might not be insurance, rather that they would have no contractual security and wouldn't be able to get another contract until fit to play. Which is the same for Brockbank and the rest too. So they can feck off with that one.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:28 pm

I blame that Appleton wanker as much as the players. Hope they're all gone from the club by the end of the week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:28 pm
I blame that Appleton wanker as much as the players. Hope they're all gone from the club by the end of the week.
All I will say is that many administrators would have sought liquidation by now in an attempt to recover their fees. The mess that is BWFC is not the fault of administrators. They have a job to do and are limited in how they do it. Like solicitors they make a heck of a lot of money but were they not doing it here they’d be doing it somewhere else. The issue as ever is the people they are trying to deal with. The same ones that had been trying to sell the club for years but couldn’t mainly because nobody else could deal with them either....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 am

Obviously I realise he didn't create the mess, and that he's had Anderson to deal with. However he's taking a shit load of money out of an already struggling business, he's squandered lots more on highly paid consultants and the unforgivable retention of Ken Anderson's minister of propaganda, and simultaneously managed to alienate the remaining players with lies, false promises and an appalling lack of communication.
So he can go feck himself.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 am
Obviously I realise he didn't create the mess, and that he's had Anderson to deal with. However he's taking a shit load of money out of an already struggling business, he's squandered lots more on highly paid consultants and the unforgivable retention of Ken Anderson's minister of propaganda, and simultaneously managed to alienate the remaining players with lies, false promises and an appalling lack of communication.
Well its what admins do. They are ultimately paid to either rescue or dissolve a struggling business. And they don't do it cheaply.

Its not a case of altruism that is for sure. In the list of people harming the football club Appleton is way way down below a lot of others. The problem is simple - had he communicated more the players would almost certainly have been far unhappier. Damned if you do and damned if you don't there.

The shithouse players have done a pretty good job of alienating themselves regardless. They are all finished here.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 am
Well its what admins do. They are ultimately paid to either rescue or dissolve a struggling business. And they don't do it cheaply.

Its not a case of altruism that is for sure. In the list of people harming the football club Appleton is way way down below a lot of others. The problem is simple - had he communicated more the players would almost certainly have been far unhappier. Damned if you do and damned if you don't there.

The shithouse players have done a pretty good job of alienating themselves regardless. They are all finished here.
Of course he's way down the list of culprits, but that doesn't mean he deserves a free ride without criticism.

I think players might have been more amenable if they'd been treated with more respect.

Now they deserve none, I agree with you on that. They can bugger off.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am

So it seems the next crucial moment, expected to happen very soon, is the announcement from Quantuma naming the preferred bidders for the hotel.

Based on reporting so far it appears to be a crucial part of FV's submitted business plan that they win the bid for the hotel. If they don't the whole takeover could be in question.

Nixon (I know) is suggesting that "TWO bids" will be announced today, and Quantuma will proceed to pick the winner from there.

It should be noted that all the above doesn't mesh with the supposed completion of FV's takeover that was apparently going to happen on Thursday evening prior to Bassini's intervention. Iles was interviewed by the BBC for this article in which he clearly states that he understood completion of the takeover was planned for 6pm Thursday. So does that mean FV are confident if not certain of being named preferred bidder for the hotel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49308911

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am

I think the players have done the new incoming owners (who ever they may be) a huge favour, lets face it none of them were really that good, by walking they create the position of salaries the owners want to pay, not inherited ones. This seasons a write off anyway.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am
So it seems the next crucial moment, expected to happen very soon, is the announcement from Quantuma naming the preferred bidders for the hotel.

Based on reporting so far it appears to be a crucial part of FV's submitted business plan that they win the bid for the hotel. If they don't the whole takeover could be in question.

Nixon (I know) is suggesting that "TWO bids" will be announced today, and Quantuma will proceed to pick the winner from there.

It should be noted that all the above doesn't mesh with the supposed completion of FV's takeover that was apparently going to happen on Thursday evening prior to Bassini's intervention. Iles was interviewed by the BBC for this article in which he clearly states that he understood completion of the takeover was planned for 6pm Thursday. So does that mean FV are confident if not certain of being named preferred bidder for the hotel?

A load of shite has been talked about the hotel. Quantuma and FV came to agreement about two weeks ago on it. FACT!

Quantuma are just covering themselves here and the delays have merely let them cover their tracks.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am
I think the players have done the new incoming owners (who ever they may be) a huge favour, lets face it none of them were really that good, by walking they create the position of salaries the owners want to pay, not inherited ones. This seasons a write off anyway.
They haven't walked though. The new owners will be liable for the rest of their contracts. New owners need to cancel their contracts as requested asap and start recruiting new players. Longer it goes on the less likely they'll be to get a deal elsewhere and we'll be stuck with them and them with us.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 am

I mean they haven't been allowed to walk.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

A load of shite has been talked about the hotel. Quantuma and FV came to agreement about two weeks ago on it. FACT!

Quantuma are just covering themselves here and the delays have merely let them cover their tracks.
Is that ITK FACT, show arse on towhnall steps if doesn't happen type of ITK FACT? :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:06 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Is that ITK FACT, show arse on towhnall steps if doesn't happen type of ITK FACT? :)
Not saying it "happens" - I'm saying that has been what was happening. What happens now is anyone's guess.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Not saying it "happens" - I'm saying that has been what was happening. What happens now is anyone's guess.
You into hedge funds mate??????

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:42 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

I've said before, if it all goes wrong he'll be there pointing out where he said it'd go wrong, if it all goes right, he'll be there pointing out where he said it'll all go right.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:46 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:42 am
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

I've said before, if it all goes wrong he'll be there pointing out where he said it'd go wrong, if it all goes right, he'll be there pointing out where he said it'll all go right.
As Iles says whole thing was meant to be done by Thursday 6pm. Then the injunction - who can say now what happens for a couple of big reasons....

I will say this. I can only see two outcomes - FV buy us or the club is liquidated. I'm fairly confident that barring some loony billionaire who has been hiding somewhere its a or b. I'm definitely hoping for a - I suspect some would rather we went pop for some reason.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 am

I agree with your two outcomes.
I’ll wait until something is confirmed before getting my hopes up now. Gone on far too long with too many twists and turns now, I’m almost past being surprised now.

I tell you what though I really enjoyed thinking about just football the last two Saturdays.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Iles saying that the whole thing was due to be concluded at 6pm last Thursday. Nobody seriously believes it would have been do they? Even before barking mad Bassini came along we'd missed every other proposed completion date!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"