Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Freedman out!

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Eddie may not be the one making those decisions once the redevelopment goes ahead
Unless someone stumps up £150m for the club or Eddie were to pass away then he's making the decisions for the foreseeable future
Not a prayer man, I'd offer him 25 and a 75% payback of the debt that would mean his money back. He's had his cash cow interest payments for long enough and made a killing.
Of course we don't know if Eddie has received a penny or not.
Well his Company charge 10% on the debt. So some fckr has !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Eddie may not be the one making those decisions once the redevelopment goes ahead
Unless someone stumps up £150m for the club or Eddie were to pass away then he's making the decisions for the foreseeable future
Not a prayer man, I'd offer him 25 and a 75% payback of the debt that would mean his money back. He's had his cash cow interest payments for long enough and made a killing.
Of course we don't know if Eddie has received a penny or not.
Well his Company charge 10% on the debt. So some fckr has !!
Aye and Gartside has repeatedly said that (and I quote here) 'The interest payments to Eddie are put through the books for tax reasons but he doesn't receive a penny of them in effect donating them back to the club'.

So we don't know one way or t'other.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:01 pm

see the BN are running with another story featuring the Dougie line about performance in training mularkey.

Am I the only one who thinks there may be players who don't perform in training but put them in a game situation and they do - in many respects I don't give a monkeys about training performance and after all which is more important.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:05 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:see the BN are running with another story featuring the Dougie line about performance in training mularkey.

Am I the only one who thinks there may be players who don't perform in training but put them in a game situation and they do - in many respects I don't give a monkeys about training performance and after all which is more important.
Nope. It's bllx.

Of course you want them to be fit, to put in the effort, to be team-players, to know "the plays", to work hard etc., etc. But do you think he'd have dropped Alan Hudson, Matt Le Tissier, our very own Frank Worthy et al ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:00 am

Nixon has worded his article carefully, but Freedman wants Zaha on loan.

I want Beyoncé and Cheryl Cole. Not gonna happen though!

* Sorry! Wrong thread!
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: Aye and Gartside has repeatedly said that (and I quote here) 'The interest payments to Eddie are put through the books for tax reasons but he doesn't receive a penny of them in effect donating them back to the club'.

So we don't know one way or t'other.
So let me see 10% of 100 mill is 10 mill that suddenly just reappears in the clubs bank, strange.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Course you'd think that. It suits your agenda.

worryingly though, he doesn't seem to trust any of our academy players to come in and make an impact. He said as much, when answering my question at the fans forum
Its a message board about football not a fecking international conspiracy.

I think it, because it fits with what I've seen and heard, and what has happened.

That doesn't mean it is right. But it is what I think.
You think that Coyle had an 'agenda' with regard to Bogdan, so all things considered, I reckon it actually is an international conspiracy.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Course you'd think that. It suits your agenda.

worryingly though, he doesn't seem to trust any of our academy players to come in and make an impact. He said as much, when answering my question at the fans forum
Its a message board about football not a fecking international conspiracy.

I think it, because it fits with what I've seen and heard, and what has happened.

That doesn't mean it is right. But it is what I think.
You think that Coyle had an 'agenda' with regard to Bogdan, so all things considered, I reckon it actually is an international conspiracy.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 am

Perhaps I've misunderstood your post, but if I've understood rightly, you've changed your mind, and are now actually agreeing that Freedman has his own agenda?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:14 pm

9 points from 12.

I'm finding it hard to describe Freedman without insulting the real useless nice people out there.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:9 points from 12.

I'm finding it hard to describe Freedman without insulting the real useless tw*ts out there.
I wish! 6 from 12 more like it.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:18 pm

malcd1 wrote:

I'm finding it hard to describe Freedman without insulting the real useless tw*ts out there.
I wish! 6 from 12 more like it.

He means 9 points from 12 games, not 9 points from last 12 points.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Would you like Boothroyd instead WW :wink: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Brilliant isn't he?
Better than Allardyce some say.
Still to be fair he's only had a full year and two transfer windows. He just needs time.
Businesswoman of the year.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm

I'd like to ask Freedman why creativity is such a dirty word....

I think he'd struggle to manage & motivate a U14's team. I'm almost at the point where Freedman could be our worst ever manager in the past 20 years ? and we've had some bloody bad ones I know.

I don't think he knows the players & I don't think that they know or like him, he's awful - his post match sound bites are as bad as any under Coyle

His latest after today "We started very well and we were playing some fantastic stuff and Jermaine scored a beautiful goal, but once again at home there was a huge piece of misfortune for us with the own goal," he said.

"I thought that we coped very well at the back and probably won the battle in the air at the end against a very good Sheffield Wednesday front four. We are playing very well at the minute and we showed great courage to get in their and try and force a winner and we had four or five really good chances to do that in the end."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:42 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

May the bridges I burn light your way

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

:lmfao:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:30 pm

I think we have to face up to the fact that the guy is staying.

Loyalty is generally a positive thing, and it's nice that the club believes in it, put he is pushing his luck now.

We also have to get used to the fact that he thinks he's the new George Graham. He plays at entertainment ... it's not what he does. He could have Moritz, Mavies and Holden in the squad and wouldn't have a clue how to use them ... any of them. He has Hall but now won't use him.

He needs to believe in his team ... he clearly doesn't at present. But he'll be around a while yet I suspect.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Well if we cant beat wednesday at home i cant see us beating anyone. We'll have to win some away games then, otherwise phil may have his hand forced (again).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I really don't think he will be around much longer because I think the inevitable continuation of this awful form will force Eddie's hand. And I think PG's days are numbered as well.
I genuinely thought we were in a temporary position after 5-6 games (although I went to Forest and that tested my optimism) but now it's clear that we are where we deserve to be and I think we'll be staying there under Dougie. Might be a good manager at some point, but he's been found out now. Players are going backwards under his bullshit regime. That's what it all is, pure bullshit and bravado, and it's going to come crashing down.
I'm embarrassed to say i believed in it, because I think he did and probably still does. It's clear he massively overrates himself.
Look at players he's brought in, Medo and Davies looked like great signings for the money, yet now they are rubbish.
The sooner he's gone the better for me.