Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:07 am
Way it is I guess but I now need a load more corrective dental work done. Cost to this (generous rate) tax payer..... £1600.

There goes next year's golf holiday!
On the NHS? Or private?
Private. NHS contribution..... £22.
Private dentistry is expensive. But sort of shows the massive problems of the deal Blair et al put in place for NHS dentists. Basically if you are a dentist, NHS work massively underpays for your time for procedures. It is why most NHS dentists will now only do simple check ups, cleaning and fillings. Anything else often they won't even offer - aside from perhaps a crown fitting.
I'm well aware of this thanks, and a good few grand down. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am

First day back at work for over a year. Kind of enjoying it and hating it at the very same time, a very weird mix of emotions.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am
First day back at work for over a year. Kind of enjoying it and hating it at the very same time, a very weird mix of emotions.
Count your blessings (and your paycheck!). :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am
Count your blessings (and your paycheck!). :wink:
The blessings I count. The paycheck will be the same as it was last month and the previous twelve months or so before that: my employer is very generous where sick pay is concerned, very generous.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Glad you're better mate - Can we (I) be nosey enough to ask what was up?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 pm
Glad you're better mate - Can we (I) be nosey enough to ask what was up?
I had some severe post-operative complications after surgery mostly to do with an artery that was weakened, and bouts of septicemia. It wasn't helped by heart failure I'd been already diagnosed with (years before) developing into affecting all four valves. But the cardiomyopathy is now under management and I've not had any fallout from the septicemia for over a month now. In fact I'm feeling quite well, better than I have for decades.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm

So nothing serious, then!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Apparently just taken my missus seven hours to drive from Derbyshire to Sussex. M1 closed and eight people dead...!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 pm
Apparently just taken my missus seven hours to drive from Derbyshire to Sussex. M1 closed and eight people dead...!!!
Aye, from what I can gather a minibus was involved. It showed the Fed-Ex truck involved on the news. They honestly didn't have to. Truly horrendous.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:59 am

Pretty frustrated. Wife (who is 72 and already recovering from one knee replacement op) , had to check in at the hospital as 6-30 this morning, so we got up at five o'clock and rang for a taxi (several) at ten to six. One firm wasn't answering the phone, two claimed they had nothing available because today Muslims celebrate Eid and a lot of people don't show up for work. In Farnworth, Asian people literally rule the roost where taxis are concerned. Too early, and not fair to ring relations at that time or they are working themselves...so we walked half a mile with two crutches and a pull along suitcase. I can only speak for myself, but I never had a job where I'd have got away with not turning up for work on religious grounds. Bloody annoying to say the least.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:59 am
Pretty frustrated. Wife (who is 72 and already recovering from one knee replacement op) , had to check in at the hospital as 6-30 this morning, so we got up at five o'clock and rang for a taxi (several) at ten to six. One firm wasn't answering the phone, two claimed they had nothing available because today Muslims celebrate Eid and a lot of people don't show up for work. In Farnworth, Asian people literally rule the roost where taxis are concerned. Too early, and not fair to ring relations at that time or they are working themselves...so we walked half a mile with two crutches and a pull along suitcase. I can only speak for myself, but I never had a job where I'd have got away with not turning up for work on religious grounds. Bloody annoying to say the least.
How many Christmas days did you go into work for?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Just a slight difference between just not turning up and taking a national holiday, but never mind. Sorry I spoke.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:38 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Just a slight difference between just not turning up and taking a national holiday, but never mind. Sorry I spoke.
1) A lot of taxi drivers are self employed and work when they want.
2) I'm sure those firms knew their drivers weren't coming in.
3) Are you saying that taxi drivers should work every single day of the year just in case you need to go somewhere?
4) Why didn't you pre-book it the day before?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:38 am

3) Are you saying that taxi drivers should work every single day of the year just in case you need to go somewhere?
You on a mission Insaney? I wasn't aware I had to book an appointment or ask your permission to air an irritant. I thought that was the idea of the thread, but hey,I'll make sure I do both in future. I should have known better really. Please accept my sincere apologies for being so thoughtless. .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:38 am

You on a mission Insaney? I wasn't aware I had to book an appointment or ask your permission to air an irritant. I thought that was the idea of the thread, but hey,I'll make sure I do both in future. I should have known better really. Please accept my sincere apologies for being so thoughtless. .
Not a mission. I didn't personally think it was a fair point to bemoan people celebrating their religious festival. It is unfortunate, but I really don't think you can expect people not to take leave when it is one of their major religious festivals. A pain for you, absolutely. But it isn't their fault. They are self employed people, not a public service.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Decided to give the old Tinder a go. As a result I'm sitting in a pub in Sheffield having driven 30 miles to be stood up by Danielle the personal trainer.
To compound the tragedy I'm drinking lager shandy because I've driven here. FML as the yoof say!

I saw a sign for a massage Parlour in Ossett by the side of the M1. Might give that a go :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 pm
Decided to give the old Tinder a go. As a result I'm sitting in a pub in Sheffield having driven 30 miles to be stood up by Danielle the personal trainer.
To compound the tragedy I'm drinking lager shandy because I've driven here. FML as the yoof say!

I saw a sign for a massage Parlour in Ossett by the side of the M1. Might give that a go :grin:
:lol:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 am

This morning, being a little bored by 9.20, I decided to book my tickets to the Bike Show at the NEC. This, in turn, brought back the memory of last year's show, which coincided with Comicon.

If you've never seen or been to Comicon, it's sort of what I imagine it must be like to go through a massive acid trip.

If you're still not sure what it is, Google 'Cos play'.......... but for God's sake, not at work..............
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Actually, I'm quite pissed off, and sort of happy.
Every year now for as long as I can remember I've been phoning up on "Car Insurance Renewal Letter Day" and beating the basterds back down to a reasonable quote.
Why I didn't do this with Home & Contents insurance was due to more stealthy increase policy from my insurer, but finally this year I grew wise to their sneaky tactic when the missus opened the renewal quote and exclaiming something like "800 and f@#£ing cun£ing feckin quid. They can bollocks to that"
So I rang Direct Line and told them £872 which included a 7% increase since last year was not on"
Of course they came back with a revised quote of 700+something. I said thanks, but this time I really was going to ring around. At which point the woman on the phone suddenly noticed I'd been with them for fifteen years and it "would be a shame if I went elsewhere" and promptly offered the same policy for "£640". (now usually at this point, if it was car insurance renewal time, I'd have thought game won), but unfettered I declined the offer and said I'd ring around. I did this mainly because also today Halifax, my bank, had sent a letter promising savings on insurance (as so does fxcking Saga, and the AA, and all the rest) but also included an offer of £50 cash back for Halifax bank customers.
So I gave them a ring. I stipulated everything I've already got insured, inc accidental cover, legal cover, max £50 excess on everything bar £1000 excess on subsidence, and listed all the high value stuff that leaves the house like camera and saxophone etc etc.
You could have knocked me down with a feather when they said £454 - with the cash back £404. A saving of £468. I accepted their quote and will shortly be insured with them.
When I rang Direct Line back to cancel the renewal the cheeky bastards tried to drop the quote further below the £640 but could not quite match Halifax. They tried the tactic of saying their's was better quality and had lower excesses etc. When I pointed out it was exactly the same parameters they gave up. I did point out to them however that if they hadn't been so fxcking greedy I'd probably have been with them 'till I died. And if they could afford to finally quote in the low £400's why the fxck did they think it was moral to just bang out a renewal notice with yet another 7% slapped on top at a now outrageous price, all things considered of £872!!! No answer to that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください