The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
12
40%
Conservatives
11
37%
Liberal Democrats
2
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
0
No votes
Green Party
3
10%
Plaid Cymru
0
No votes
Other
1
3%
Planet Hobo
1
3%
 
Total votes: 30

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 pm

... Oh ... & "little Miss Independent" has finally shown the colour of her drawers :-

BBC News: Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti
Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37457983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So much for her honest review of anti-semitism. I recall Harry G asking if anyone could ever ask if she was other than independent. A genuine question from him, I know. Well ... yes actually Harry. Here's your proof.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 am

bobo the clown wrote:... Oh ... & "little Miss Independent" has finally shown the colour of her drawers :-

BBC News: Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti
Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37457983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So much for her honest review of anti-semitism. I recall Harry G asking if anyone could ever ask if she was other than independent. A genuine question from him, I know. Well ... yes actually Harry. Here's your proof.
I asked whether anyone believed that she'd ignore antI semitism if she found evidence of it. I don't see that her support for JC here undermines that investigation :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:50 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:... Oh ... & "little Miss Independent" has finally shown the colour of her drawers :-

BBC News: Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti
Jeremy Corbyn 'mugged' by Labour MPs - Baroness Chakrabarti - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37457983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So much for her honest review of anti-semitism. I recall Harry G asking if anyone could ever ask if she was other than independent. A genuine question from him, I know. Well ... yes actually Harry. Here's your proof.
I asked whether anyone believed that she'd ignore antI semitism if she found evidence of it. I don't see that her support for JC here undermines that investigation :conf:
You expressed amazement that anyone would doubt her honest independence.

I did. I do. I always will and I think this shows exactly where she stands on all things Corbyn.

Do you not ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Being vehemently anti Israel doesn't make someone anti semitic but is a handy accusation to throw at anyone who criticises their apartheid regime.

Love her or hate her, do you really think Chakrabati is a liar, or someone who would ignore any form of prejudice?
That was my post Bobo ^. I'd ask the same question. Irrespective of her liking for JC do you really think she'd have ignored anti semitism if she'd found it? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Yes. Completely.

If only that it's there ... & impossible to miss. That she did miss it suggests she didn't look properly as she went in determined not to find it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Yes. Completely.

If only that it's there ... & impossible to miss. That she did miss it suggests she didn't look properly as she went in determined not to find it.
Well that's where we differ. She's spent her life fighting discrimination and injustice. Imo there's no way if she'd seen a problem she'd have ignored it. No way
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Yes. Completely.

If only that it's there ... & impossible to miss. That she did miss it suggests she didn't look properly as she went in determined not to find it.
Well that's where we differ. She's spent her life fighting discrimination and injustice. Imo there's no way if she'd seen a problem she'd have ignored it. No way
I think that's very sweet.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Yes. Completely.

If only that it's there ... & impossible to miss. That she did miss it suggests she didn't look properly as she went in determined not to find it.
Well that's where we differ. She's spent her life fighting discrimination and injustice. Imo there's no way if she'd seen a problem she'd have ignored it. No way
I think that's very sweet.
I would think total impartiality a most laudable quality, should It ever present itself to me.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Yes. Completely.

If only that it's there ... & impossible to miss. That she did miss it suggests she didn't look properly as she went in determined not to find it.
Well that's where we differ. She's spent her life fighting discrimination and injustice. Imo there's no way if she'd seen a problem she'd have ignored it. No way

ignore Bobo - he's one of these HR play-the-race-card types...

plus - having spent his hard earned cash and gone out of his way to vote for someone as labour leader who he is convinced is anti-semitic - he's probably feeling a bit bad... cos doing that would be a bit of a tittish thing to do...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:33 pm

What? No mention of the Corbyn massive victory? Have you all lost your tongues/fingers?
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What? No mention of the Corbyn massive victory? Have you all lost your tongues/fingers?

hardly any point - I doubt it will have changed any minds/opinions on here - and we've been around that house a few times! :D
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:What? No mention of the Corbyn massive victory? Have you all lost your tongues/fingers?

hardly any point - I doubt it will have changed any minds/opinions on here - and we've been around that house a few times! :D
Close the thread then. :lmfao:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20234
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:38 am

It's hardly "news"!

Was a lot closer than I feared, though still pretty comprehensive. It's also still going to be ugly, it doesnt change the fact that the vast majority of the MPs have no confidence in him.

Two things I found interesting: Owen Smith won 3 out of 20 demographics, two of which were "members before 2015 election" by 26 points, and 18-24 year olds by 10 points.
Last edited by Prufrock on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:08 am

Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?
Same place as any that lose a political argument I guess. Sulk for a bit, regroup and carry on like the vote never happened.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:44 am

Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?
Same place as any that lose a political argument I guess. Sulk for a bit, regroup and carry on like the vote never happened.
I guess, but there are questions to be asked, no, Enoch? I've a few (as an outsider). Is the perception / will the perception be that the support for Corbyn is so strong, or that Smith was just a poor specimen by way of a contender?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:22 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?
Same place as any that lose a political argument I guess. Sulk for a bit, regroup and carry on like the vote never happened.
I guess, but there are questions to be asked, no, Enoch? I've a few (as an outsider). Is the perception / will the perception be that the support for Corbyn is so strong, or that Smith was just a poor specimen by way of a contender?
It's probably a bit of both, but I doubt that any leadership challenge would have been able to overcome Corbyn's level of support at this moment in time.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?

Pru's off to the libdems for a Tim Farron love-in
BWFCi said he will never vote labour while Corbyn's in charge - so choice to be made...
Bobo's where he always been - UKIP

life goes on!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26507
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?

Pru's off to the libdems for a Tim Farron love-in
BWFCi said he will never vote labour while Corbyn's in charge - so choice to be made...
Bobo's where he always been - UKIP

life goes on!
Comfortably stand by that too.

Look forward to the next election where we shall see who is correct. I'm very confident!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?

Pru's off to the libdems for a Tim Farron love-in
BWFCi said he will never vote labour while Corbyn's in charge - so choice to be made...
Bobo's where he always been - UKIP

life goes on!
Comfortably stand by that too.

Look forward to the next election where we shall see who is correct. I'm very confident!
stand by what? you haven't said who you'll vote for yet - nowt to stand by! :-)
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests