Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Was out in Chelsea last night and we ended up being joined by the most vacuous human being that I've ever met in my entire life (and I've met a few). Apparently she's a member of the cast in something called Made in Chelsea, which she wasn't, she was shipped in from the US to be in this seemingly third rate show (I looked it up).
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8030
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm
Was out in Chelsea last night and we ended up being joined by the most vacuous human being that I've ever met in my entire life (and I've met a few). Apparently she's a member of the cast in something called Made in Chelsea, which she wasn't, she was shipped in from the US to be in this seemingly third rate show (I looked it up).
Bet you would though.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm
Was out in Chelsea last night and we ended up being joined by the most vacuous human being that I've ever met in my entire life (and I've met a few). Apparently she's a member of the cast in something called Made in Chelsea, which she wasn't, she was shipped in from the US to be in this seemingly third rate show (I looked it up).
Bet you would though.
Oh, of course. But that's not the point. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am
Today I'm going to fulfill a longstanding obligation to drive over to Liverpool to look at Emin's 4ucking rubbish. This is me attempting to keep an open mind, this is. :D
I'd be interested to hear your take on that subject Bruce.

p.s. I'll understand if your lips are in some way sealed... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by twilight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

Today we are off for our weekend do for our son's 18th to Loughborough to venture on our steam train journey and meal aboard and staying overnight. Really looking forward to it (and I wont be looking at the scorelines either!!)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am
Today I'm going to fulfill a longstanding obligation to drive over to Liverpool to look at Emin's 4ucking rubbish. This is me attempting to keep an open mind, this is. :D
I'd be interested to hear your take on that subject Bruce.

p.s. I'll understand if your lips are in some way sealed... :wink:
Why might my lips be sealed, Tango? :conf:

What it actually is, is a snapshot of somebody's life at an extremely difficult time in their life. It's a portrait without a body - in that it tells you exactly what was going on in Emin's life at that exact point, and is possibly reflected more in the detritus around the bed than by the bed itself.

Thought provoking? Absolutely. Art? Open to debate.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am
Today I'm going to fulfill a longstanding obligation to drive over to Liverpool to look at Emin's 4ucking rubbish. This is me attempting to keep an open mind, this is. :D
I'd be interested to hear your take on that subject Bruce.

p.s. I'll understand if your lips are in some way sealed... :wink:
Why might my lips be sealed, Tango? :conf:

What it actually is, is a snapshot of somebody's life at an extremely difficult time in their life. It's a portrait without a body - in that it tells you exactly what was going on in Emin's life at that exact point, and is possibly reflected more in the detritus around the bed than by the bed itself. Thought provoking? Absolutely. Art? Open to debate.
Nothing complicated. I simply meant that if you were going with someone/ friend etc, whose opinion, may differ from yours, you might not wish to air conflicting views on an inernet forum in answer to my question, is all.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am
Today I'm going to fulfill a longstanding obligation to drive over to Liverpool to look at Emin's 4ucking rubbish. This is me attempting to keep an open mind, this is. :D
I'd be interested to hear your take on that subject Bruce.

p.s. I'll understand if your lips are in some way sealed... :wink:
Why might my lips be sealed, Tango? :conf:

What it actually is, is a snapshot of somebody's life at an extremely difficult time in their life. It's a portrait without a body - in that it tells you exactly what was going on in Emin's life at that exact point, and is possibly reflected more in the detritus around the bed than by the bed itself. Thought provoking? Absolutely. Art? Open to debate.
Nothing complicated. I simply meant that if you were going with someone/ friend etc, whose opinion, may differ from yours, you might not wish to air conflicting views on an inernet forum in answer to my question, is all.
Really? :D
I like to feel that you both know me well enough to get that I'm unlikely to be cowed by the fact that I sometimes hold different views to those of the members of the company I keep. We'd all be a very boring bunch otherwise.
It certainly opened my eyes as to what the work is actually about and I came away with a real appreciation as to what was behind it, and as to what it actually represents. Had I come away thinking that it's a load of old bollocks then that's exactly what I'd have reported. Nothing complicated!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Fking luvvie.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8030
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Saw Lemonheads singer Evan Dando at Gorilla on Friday night. Mate of mine is a big fan so I went along, he was excellent at times and a bit shaky at others but by his standards that's pretty good given the chaos that being a long term heroin addict must bring.
I felt a bit sad watching him, never seen a performer look so vulnerable.
Definite highlight was his rendition of the Lemonheads song 'The Outdoor Type'. Less said about the shambolic encore duet with a female singer the better!
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 am

Did he do Mrs Robinson?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19814
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am

Outdoor Type would be one of my Desert Island Discs I reckon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8030
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 am
Did he do Mrs Robinson?
No he doesn't like that one apparently.
Did 'Shame About Ray' though, which was great.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8030
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am
Outdoor Type would be one of my Desert Island Discs I reckon.
A great song.
So good I'm thinking of murdering it on karaoke.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 pm

22nd June - Rainbow!

Birthday surprise (errr) - delighted!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8219
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 pm
22nd June - Rainbow!

Birthday surprise (errr) - delighted!
Good stuff. Saw them last year at the Genting Arena when he didi his 'One off, Never to be repeated, One UK show only' Show.

The grabbing bastard. :roll:

Was a great show I have to admit but it's more like 60/40 Deep Purple.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8219
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 pm
22nd June - Rainbow!

Birthday surprise (errr) - delighted!
Good stuff. Saw them last year at the Genting Arena when he did his 'One off, Never to be repeated, One UK show only' Show.

The grabbing bastard. :roll:

Was a great show I have to admit but it's more like 60/40 Deep Purple.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:10 am

16/10/17 Academy. Public Service Broadcasting. Delighted to say the very least. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 pm
22nd June - Rainbow!

Birthday surprise (errr) - delighted!
Good stuff. Saw them last year at the Genting Arena when he didi his 'One off, Never to be repeated, One UK show only' Show.

The grabbing bastard. :roll:

Was a great show I have to admit but it's more like 60/40 Deep Purple.
Having seen them a few times (minus RJD) - I've yet to hear them attempt Stargazer...the bloke they have wailing at the moment sounds like he might be able to carry it off reasonably...Bonnet and Lynn-Turner had no fcking chance...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 pm
22nd June - Rainbow!

Birthday surprise (errr) - delighted!
Good stuff. Saw them last year at the Genting Arena when he didi his 'One off, Never to be repeated, One UK show only' Show.

The grabbing bastard. :roll:

Was a great show I have to admit but it's more like 60/40 Deep Purple.
Having seen them a few times (minus RJD) - I've yet to hear them attempt Stargazer...the bloke they have wailing at the moment sounds like he might be able to carry it off reasonably...Bonnet and Lynn-Turner had no fcking chance...
Actually just checked on what was happening to the gig as it was supposed to be at MEN - it's been canned...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests