Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:11 pm
^^

I'm actually realising what a waste of time arguing with you really is. You make all the square pegs round to fit your case, invent things people say (where did I ever say I despise anyone?) and twist the whole thing into a personal Rubic cube. Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think mate, really. You live "through" the looking glass not in front of it. Carry on....
The much valued and loved female of the species is in danger of fulfilling Rudyard Kipling's poetic views of long ago and becoming despised,
Read my post. I said you talked of women becoming "despised". As per this quote from your post.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm

It's like trying to nail square eels to round walls, tbf.

Bluster, bluster, long irrelevant tangent, throw in a few clichés and a wink and Bob's your uncle.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Bluster, bluster, long irrelevant tangent, throw in a few clichés and a wink and Bob's your uncle.
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If someone is discriminated against but Tangodancer doesn't know them, does it actually happen?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If someone is discriminated against but Tangodancer doesn't know them, does it actually happen?
Now, you see, I'm not a woman. Or black. Or gay. Or transsexual. The fact I'm not a Protestant, or even a Christian kind of eliminates me from the epitome of Discrimination Bingo Bullshit, but I can lose points for not being Muslim, so I'm nearly cast iron guaranteed to be a fxckfaced discriminatory racist bastard misogynist, quite clearly.
That I believe was the starting point of this, my fxcking rant, thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
^^

I'm actually realising what a waste of time arguing with you really is. You make all the square pegs round to fit your case, invent things people say (where did I ever say I despise anyone?) and twist the whole thing into a personal Rubic cube. Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think mate, really. You live "through" the looking glass not in front of it. Carry on....
In his defence, he does know a lot about everything.
I thought that was my claim to fame... ( :wink: ) (< thought I'd better stick that in there for Prufrock, we don't want to disappoint his ageist agenda too).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:41 pm

I think there's a few of us that sentiment could apply to!

I'm sure TD can tell all those marching on International Women's Day how equal they are ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:41 pm
I think there's a few of us that sentiment could apply to!
I'm sure TD can tell all those marching on International Women's Day how equal they are ;)
Here's a thing captain Prufrock; Our generation of ageing flat-cap, whippet and ee-by-gummers are really very few in number now and soon we'll all be gone completely. When that happens and the current incumbents finish off ruining the country (they've already made a good start), you can safely blame it all on us. That should take care of the next twenty years or so. After that, well, it'll be your turn. Good luck with it. Happy marching on International Women's Day and I truly hope it doesn't rain. :pray:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
^^

In his defence, he does know a lot about everything.
:D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:42 pm

... the death of the 98 year old who was beaten up by burglars who stole his TV worth £50!
There are so many things wrong with this that fuel my anger:
1. The fact burglars have the fxcking temerity to beat anybody up
2. The fact anybody would beat up a 98 year old.
3. The utter sick stupidity of someone who kills for a £50 TV.
4. The utter uselessness of the police in failing to catch the Cxnts.
5. The knowledge that even if they ever get caught, they'll just get a slap on the wrist.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:42 pm
... the death of the 98 year old who was beaten up by burglars who stole his TV worth £50!
5. The knowledge that even if they ever get caught, they'll just get a slap on the wrist.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
And thereby, the crux of the whole thing. Crime and no punishment because we apparently can't afford the cost of jailing them. We coud if they didn't get a free food and board ,three slap-ups a day, television and a hotel-type life. Jail should be an experience not wanting a repeat of, not a soft laugh at authority. Drugs and alchohol in jail is human rights? When did that happen?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 am

Jesus wept. It didn't. Been in many prisons lately? Or did the sun print it between the tits?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
And thereby, the crux of the whole thing. Crime and no punishment because we apparently can't afford the cost of jailing them. We coud if they didn't get a free food and board ,three slap-ups a day, television and a hotel-type life. Jail should be an experience not wanting a repeat of, not a soft laugh at authority. Drugs and alchohol in jail is human rights? When did that happen?
You do know that research shows that harsher punishments are NOT effective deterrents?

Also that the likelihood of being caught is the biggest deterrent. So our governments cutting of police numbers and budgets is the almost certainly biggest cause of the increase in violent crime.

https://nij.gov/five-things/pages/deterrence.aspx

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 am
Jesus wept. It didn't. Been in many prisons lately? Or did the sun print it between the tits?
:roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 am

Take that as a "no I haven't" then.

I have. They're awful places. Worse than they should be. This holiday camp sky TV live is absolute nonsense.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You do know that research shows that harsher punishments are NOT effective deterrents?

Also that the likelihood of being caught is the biggest deterrent. So our governments cutting of police numbers and budgets is the almost certainly biggest cause of the increase in violent crime.

So, you're all for light sentences for burglars who beat 98 year olds to death over a £50 TV, are you?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 am
Take that as a "no I haven't" then.
You have my permission and blessing to take it any way you like.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, you're all for light sentences for burglars who beat 98 year olds to death over a £50 TV, are you?
I'm saying that there is no evidence that harsher punishments deter crime. There are other reasons for punishment over deterrence but was specifically saying that putting people into a hole in a ground and making them eat mud and rabbit droppings for 20 years doesn't necessarily have the effect on crime TD might have thought it did.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:21 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm saying that there is no evidence that harsher punishments deter crime. There are other reasons for punishment over deterrence but was specifically saying that putting people into a hole in a ground and making them eat mud and rabbit droppings for 20 years doesn't necessarily have the effect on crime TD might have thought it did.
Fair enough. But, however, the two (or more) scumbags who did this particular crime, don't to me, seem to have even considered what deterrence constitutes. It's not merely the prospect of getting caught that should deter you, but the utter abhorrence of attacking a man of that age... Surely to God, sod the deterrence, inflict some vengeance... if, IF, they ever get caught...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fair enough. But, however, the two (or more) scumbags who did this particular crime, don't to me, seem to have even considered what deterrence constitutes. It's not merely the prospect of getting caught that should deter you, but the utter abhorrence of attacking a man of that age... Surely to God, sod the deterrence, inflict some vengeance... if, IF, they ever get caught...
Or, have the attitude of the bitch last night in the pub who proclaimed, "doesn't matter (she actually said ma'a, but no matter), the old bastard only had weeks left anyway, waste of space..."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah but given the circumstances are completely unknown I'd rather take a circumspect view. Who knows what drove someone to do that? Pure evil? Possibly. But there are other drivers in these situations too.

I get the human gut reaction and need for vengeance...were it my dad for example...I get it. I feel it often too. But rationally I eventually come back to wanting to make our society better - and I'm not sure revenge or whatever does that. Overall.