New Zealand

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: New Zealand

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

I looked this up, just for the sake of putting it in perspective:

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1106841130631643136
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm

3 now reported dead in Utrecht after shooting. Likely to be terrorist related.

Awful, just awful. What a world we live in.....

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: New Zealand

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am
I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

And then there's what he said.
This. Worded better than I am.
Yes, but he didn't throw an egg. he sneaked up behind him and smashed it on the back of his head, trying to film it at the same time. To an old man (I speak from experience) getting suddenly and unexpectedly whacked on the back of the head should certainly be considered violence. Finally, for Insano, comparing something or someone to Nazi Germany is the last refuge of a failed argument on the internet. Harry gets my thumbs up. Ridicule the senator, but don't use violence.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am
You are advocating violence. You said we should be applauding someone who threw an egg in his face.

Shutting down debate just gives the likes of Tommy Robinson et al to pretend they're being silenced by some media conspiracy. Listen to their arguments and rubbish them. Don't stoop to violence. Makes you no better than them.
They are already doing that inspite of the fact they've been given far too much of a platform already. And ultimately no - it is too dangerous to let these people loose because we've already seen how quickly these views can infiltrate and even become widely accepted.

Is your suggestion we should have had tea and crumpets with Hitler, listened to his views and tried to make sure he didn't feel victimised? That's the logical extension to your argument here.

At what point do you say "hang on we can't just keep giving this guy air-time unchecked"? Because the problem is thus - he says something hideous about the atrocities is reported as "Australian politician says...." and people who don't know who he is suddenly think their racist and fascist opinions are fine to shout from the rooftops...
I think you'll find the coverage given was due to the graphic nature of the encounter. Basically it was entertainment.
Until you piped up, I had no idea the bloke was a FASCIST. And to tell you the truth since I've looked him up after your rant I find he's about as fascist as Margaret Thatcher and Jeremy Corbyn... Pretty much you normal dickhead politician.
But you, you're on another planet pal.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.
Now you're really getting carried away. Eighty years ago and a world war causing genocide maniac equates with a kid ( who also filmed himself doing it to show his mates on Facebook etc) throwing an egg at a politician. Wow, Greg Rutherford beware, your long jump records are in big danger. Armageddon looms..... :|
Hang on - before that. Before the world war. If a kid egged a Nazi politician in say 1930 - would you say "what an oik" or would you say "someone has to take a stand against fascism"?
Before 1938 Everybody would have said what an oik, you fxcking dickhead. Hitler is Hitler because of what he did from 1939-1945 not because of what he thought before he did it....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am
I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

And then there's what he said.
This. Worded better than I am.
Yes, but he didn't throw an egg. he sneaked up behind him and smashed it on the back of his head, trying to film it at the same time. To an old man (I speak from experience) getting suddenly and unexpectedly whacked on the back of the head should certainly be considered violence. Finally, for Insano, comparing something or someone to Nazi Germany is the last refuge of a failed argument on the internet. Harry gets my thumbs up. Ridicule the senator, but don't use violence.
You think comparing a bloke who talked about a "final solution" for Muslims to Nazis is a "failed argument"? Really? You think he said those words accidentally? And his party who threw him out for using them certainly didn't think it was just "unfortunate".
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.
Now you're really getting carried away. Eighty years ago and a world war causing genocide maniac equates with a kid ( who also filmed himself doing it to show his mates on Facebook etc) throwing an egg at a politician. Wow, Greg Rutherford beware, your long jump records are in big danger. Armageddon looms..... :|
Hang on - before that. Before the world war. If a kid egged a Nazi politician in say 1930 - would you say "what an oik" or would you say "someone has to take a stand against fascism"?
Before 1938 Everybody would have said what an oik, you fxcking dickhead. Hitler is Hitler because of what he did from 1939-1945 not because of what he thought before he did it....
I think that might be a) the most revealing comment I've ever read and b) the most stupid one I've ever read combined....

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am
I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

I can't imagine coming out of all this and thinking I was Team Adult Man Punching a Child in the Face. Unless, you know, it was somehow a proxy for something else.

And then there's what he said.
Well. As a grown man.
If some twatty cxnt smacked me on the back of the head with an egg, and I turned around to find the cxnt filming me whilst smirking I'd'a twatted him six times.
That alone tells me we think differently. But what it mainly tells me is don't try whacking me on the back of the head with an egg... What you need is a hammer. That or talk to me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.
Now you're really getting carried away. Eighty years ago and a world war causing genocide maniac equates with a kid ( who also filmed himself doing it to show his mates on Facebook etc) throwing an egg at a politician. Wow, Greg Rutherford beware, your long jump records are in big danger. Armageddon looms..... :|
Hang on - before that. Before the world war. If a kid egged a Nazi politician in say 1930 - would you say "what an oik" or would you say "someone has to take a stand against fascism"?
Before 1938 Everybody would have said what an oik, you fxcking dickhead. Hitler is Hitler because of what he did from 1939-1945 not because of what he thought before he did it....
I think that might be a) the most revealing comment I've ever read and b) the most stupid one I've ever read combined....
You really are obsessed. Are you on some watch list? Is the government aware of you festering in your bedroom, all alone with no girl/boy friend, tip tapping your frustration on the internet? I think they need to be...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: New Zealand

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 pm

I think Newton's law applies here somewhat: "Formally stated, Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." The egger acted, the egged one reacted. The cause, and right and wrongs of it won't be either considered or solved by "I am the egg man" or a politician's views. Without the frills, that's about the size of it.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 pm
I think Newton's law applies here somewhat: "Formally stated, Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." The egger acted, the egged one reacted. The cause, and right and wrongs of it won't be either considered or solved by "I am the egg man" or a politician's views. Without the frills, that's about the size of it.
Although I largely agree with your sentiment, I think the Insane one is on a crusade.

Using semiosis, what he's actually saying is he'd like to have seen the Australian politician shot. He conflates egging with action. He conflates the politician with Nazi Germany. And then he asks (in his own head) the rhetorical question of what'd you do?
He's a dangerous lunatic.
(Actually, he's a pathetic pillock, but who knows...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: New Zealand

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
So you'd have no problem with gunning down the hooded left wing, Marxist, commie loving little tools who turn up at protests and lob bricks through the windows of business and attack the police then? After all, they are dangerous scrotes!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12963
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:41 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 pm
An absolutely tragic waste of life and a despicable act of terrorism.

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about how scared they must have been in their final moments.
At least they had the consolation of knowing that they had an afterlife.
Unlike us poor atheist sods...
I don't think that was going through the mind of any of them, especially the 3 and 5 year old that was murdered.

Unbelievable that you can sit and take the piss out of them
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

In between the terrorist atrocity in New Zealand 3 days ago and the terrorist atrocity today in Holland, there have been 11 other terrorist attacks reported around the globe resulting in at least 67 deaths. The only one of those 11 I've seen reported in the UK media is the one in Stanwell. where fortunately no one died.

To some, clearly, it still only matters if it touches those with European heritage.

21 now reported dead in Dioura after shooting. Likely to be terrorist related.

Awful, just awful. What a world we live in.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
So you'd have no problem with gunning down the hooded left wing, Marxist, commie loving little tools who turn up at protests and lob bricks through the windows of business and attack the police then? After all, they are dangerous scrotes!
I think it’s a stretch from a kid cracking an egg on someone’s head and gunning people down. Funnily enough I didn’t see any outrage from anyone on here when Corbyn got egged the other week....might have missed it like...

As I said the dangerous racists at both end of the political spectrum need to stop being legitimised by media platforms and other politicians.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: New Zealand

Post by Dujon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:47 am

So, BWFC_Insane, where does the line be drawn between violence and protest? In this case the 'victim' was someone who seems to hold values far from mine and the 'perpetrator' likewise. This was not some sort of egg throwing contest, the young fellow who had the egg did not throw it as some might to a ham actor on the stage, he walloped the chap on the back of his head egg in hand. If he had done that without the egg what would you have thought of him?

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: New Zealand

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:55 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am
I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

And then there's what he said.
This. Worded better than I am.
Yes, but he didn't throw an egg. he sneaked up behind him and smashed it on the back of his head, trying to film it at the same time. To an old man (I speak from experience) getting suddenly and unexpectedly whacked on the back of the head should certainly be considered violence. Finally, for Insano, comparing something or someone to Nazi Germany is the last refuge of a failed argument on the internet. Harry gets my thumbs up. Ridicule the senator, but don't use violence.
You think comparing a bloke who talked about a "final solution" for Muslims to Nazis is a "failed argument"? Really? You think he said those words accidentally? And his party who threw him out for using them certainly didn't think it was just "unfortunate".
I merely point out that you give verisimilitude to Godwin's law:
Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"; that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990, Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions. It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.
Reductio ad Hitlerum (pseudo-Latin for "reduction to Hitler"; sometimes argumentum ad Hitlerum, "argument to Hitler", ad Nazium, "to Nazism"), or playing the Nazi card, is an attempt to invalidate someone else's position on the basis that the same view was held by Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party, for example: "Hitler was against tobacco smoking, X is against tobacco smoking, therefore X is a Nazi".

Coined by Leo Strauss in 1953, reductio ad Hitlerum borrows its name from the term used in logic, reductio ad absurdum (reduction to the absurd). According to Strauss, reductio ad Hitlerum is a form of ad hominem, ad misericordiam, or a fallacy of irrelevance. The suggested rationale is one of guilt by association. It is a tactic often used to derail arguments, because such comparisons tend to distract and anger the opponent.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 am
I merely point out that you give verisimilitude to
He does that a lot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:57 am

Dujon wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:47 am
So, BWFC_Insane, where does the line be drawn between violence and protest? In this case the 'victim' was someone who seems to hold values far from mine and the 'perpetrator' likewise. This was not some sort of egg throwing contest, the young fellow who had the egg did not throw it as some might to a ham actor on the stage, he walloped the chap on the back of his head egg in hand. If he had done that without the egg what would you have thought of him?
You cannot define it. But given that said fascist was being given airtime to air more of his reprehensible views - how could someone show their distaste for that in strong enough terms for it to be given equal airtime?

That's the question.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests