Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Human Rights? Where did that one sneak up from?
And really Insanity, if you think the arguments on here are some sort of Daily Mail echo chamber you need your head felt.

To move it back to the original subject - here are two sides of a story, neither an echo chamber of anything else, and neither condemn, deny, or distort "human rights", but believe me you won't get two more opposite sides of an argument.

In full quote from Beverly Tarby of Lairg Sutherland in today's Times letter page:
Sir, the death of this child was avoidable. Mr Javid could have made a difference to the life of both baby and mother. Ms Begum is too young to be made an example of.

In reply, in an open letter (because the Times won't print it), I reply:
Madam, the death of this child was eminently avoidable. Nineteen year old Ms Begum after already seeing two of her offspring expire as a result of her appalling life choices, was not forced to open her legs to accommodate some Dutch jihadist's prick whilst living in a war zone and having already fled from Raqqa, knowing this would lead to the birth of an 'innocent'. Indeed the birth of a "cub of the Caliphate" was a cynical pre-planned move.
As you say, it could have been avoided. None of which has a single fxcking thing to do with me, my family, my country, or Sajid Javid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

I notice that after the 'final' defeat of the Caliphate that some documents have been recovered...
One official memo notes that a proposal has been raised to the Advisory Commission to establish a Bureau of Foreign Relations for the Department of Operations in Europe and Faraway Areas for The Purpose of Inflicting The Will of Allah on the Infidel Populations.

In its SWOT analysis it specifically notes under problems and obstacles the "lack of availability of suicide bombers".

Just wait until Shameema and her extended family are back... I'm pretty damned sure then that their weakness will become an opportunity, and their strength will be a threat.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2692
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by jimbo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm


In its SWOT analysis it specifically notes under problems and obstacles the "lack of availability of suicide bombers".

That’s always a problem. Thing is with these suicide bombers is you can take ages training them up, then after 1 day at work they bugger off to a better place.....

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm

jimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm


In its SWOT analysis it specifically notes under problems and obstacles the "lack of availability of suicide bombers".

That’s always a problem. Thing is with these suicide bombers is you can take ages training them up, then after 1 day at work they bugger off to a better place.....
:lol:
Plus, the attrition rate for trainees is high, with very few interneeships for suicide bombers these days.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19815
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:56 pm

It's health & safety gone made.

These days the first live explosion many young suicide bombers see is Day 1 out on the job.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19815
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 pm

On a similar note, albeit fact being stranger than fiction, I was going through some old papers at the weekend and found a newspaper article that really tickled me.

Sometime last summer, the Somali terrorist group al-Shabaab (links to al-Qa'eda) banned single use plastic bags because they pose, and I quote, "a serious threat to the well-being of humans and animals alike".

Terrorists are woke now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 pm
On a similar note, albeit fact being stranger than fiction, I was going through some old papers at the weekend and found a newspaper article that really tickled me.

Sometime last summer, the Somali terrorist group al-Shabaab (links to al-Qa'eda) banned single use plastic bags because they pose, and I quote, "a serious threat to the well-being of humans and animals alike".

Terrorists are woke now.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35513
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm

I cracked an egg open last week and there was a fecking embryonic chick in it. Stunk to high heaven as well. Put me off my breakfast..... almost.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm
I cracked an egg open last week and there was a fecking embryonic chick in it. Stunk to high heaven as well. Put me off my breakfast..... almost.
At least it didn't blow up in your face!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19815
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:54 pm

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: Read about that when I was a kid and have been scared of it happening ever since. Always give eggs a little shake before I crack them (in the blind hope that would help).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by malcd1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm
I cracked an egg open last week and there was a fecking embryonic chick in it. Stunk to high heaven as well. Put me off my breakfast..... almost.
:shock: What did it taste like? :D
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35513
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm
I cracked an egg open last week and there was a fecking embryonic chick in it. Stunk to high heaven as well. Put me off my breakfast..... almost.
:shock: What did it taste like? :D
:D Well, Malc. Apparently, in the Phillipines, embryonic duck chicks are sold as street food and eaten from the shell. It's called 'Balut', and is usually taken with beer.

It'd take a hellllll of a lot of beer, my friend! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by malcd1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm
I cracked an egg open last week and there was a fecking embryonic chick in it. Stunk to high heaven as well. Put me off my breakfast..... almost.
:shock: What did it taste like? :D
:D Well, Malc. Apparently, in the Phillipines, embryonic duck chicks are sold as street food and eaten from the shell. It's called 'Balut', and is usually taken with beer.

It'd take a hellllll of a lot of beer, my friend! :shock:

I've just Googled it. :vomit:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19815
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 am

Nearly as bad as the French with the songbird eaten whole, bones feathers and all. "Traditionally" eaten with an executioner's hood over your head.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38128
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 am
Nearly as bad as the French with the songbird eaten whole, bones feathers and all. "Traditionally" eaten with an executioner's hood over your head.
Up to not too long ago, grilled sparrows were a delicacy in Spanish tapas bars. I usually stick to Tortilla or Chorizo.....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:23 pm

And Shameema is complaining about the horrors of war! She should look on her sheep's eyeball when she tucks in tonight as an Arab delicacy, rather than an imposition forced on her by the act of self-stripping her own British citizenship.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38128
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 pm

The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35513
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 pm
The latest lunacy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Well, you say 'lunacy', Tango, but I'm not so sure.

It's possible to despise Shamima Begum whilst at the same time recognising the fact that we really do need to clarify / establish our own legal footing on this one, as I'm sure she won't be the last.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2692
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by jimbo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 pm
The latest lunacy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Well, you say 'lunacy', Tango, but I'm not so sure.

It's possible to despise Shamima Begum whilst at the same time recognising the fact that we really do need to clarify / establish our own legal footing on this one, as I'm sure she won't be the last.
A decision like revoking citizenship shouldn’t be just made by a politician. The complex legal arguments on both sides should be heard before that decision is made, and we’re a society which values the fact that everyone has fair access to legal representation regardless of their income or wealth. It’s possible to feel uncomfortable about the fact she’s coming back but it’s definitely not lunacy.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38128
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Boiled eggs and Caliphate soldiers.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:17 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 pm
The latest lunacy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Well, you say 'lunacy', Tango, but I'm not so sure.

It's possible to despise Shamima Begum whilst at the same time recognising the fact that we really do need to clarify / establish our own legal footing on this one, as I'm sure she won't be the last.
It's the bold bit that designates the term "lunacy" Bruce, and the faint hope that something definitive comes out of it that prevents recurrence. I just don't know what else to call the fact that our laws have more loopholes than gorgonzola cheese, or that right now none of it sends out strict "no entry" signs to future offenders, something that, if she wins, her case will be seen as a victory by the offenders and not the victims. One of her lawyers has been prosecuted already for overcharging the taxpayers on her (his) behalf. The lunacy is on our behalf as much as the would be "off with their heads" freedom fighter mentality that inspired it all, so yes, I call that lunacy.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests