Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:07 pm
There is nothing on bwfc.co.uk

There is a difference from an official statement to I'm getting an update later, which is what this was.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ssion=true

Seems to be the "content". Think Iles has done ok on this.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:

There is a difference from an official statement to I'm getting an update later, which is what this was.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ssion=true

Seems to be the "content". Think Iles has done ok on this.
I don't disagree with the content. It's the speculative way he announces it. I'm hearing there is going to be a statement vs I've asked for an update I'll let you know if I get one.

Just winds me up. I know he has to sell the news but with so much at stake it's not on when people are worrying most of the day.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

DJBlu wrote:

He was told by the administrator that a statement would be released, so he reported that it would be. The administrators did then release a statement to media outlets (the administrators' comments were first reported, word-for-word, by a journalist from BBC GMR) and Iles included that statement in his takeover update article. That all seems fair enough to me?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm
DJBlu wrote:

He was told by the administrator that a statement would be released, so he reported that it would be. The administrators did then release a statement to media outlets (the administrators' comments were first reported, word-for-word, by a journalist from BBC GMR) and Iles included that statement in his takeover update article. That all seems fair enough to me?
Indeed. Can hardly blame Iles for the content of the statement. An update that included the line "I hope to provide a further update very soon".
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:01 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm
DJBlu wrote:

Indeed. Can hardly blame Iles for the content of the statement. An update that included the line "I hope to provide a further update very soon".

Which had presumably been copied and pasted from previous statements...

It amuses me, though, that the statement hasn't altered anyone's feelings on the takeover. Those who believe it's in doubt have taken the statement as further proof of impending doom, and those who are confident it will go ahead have taken it as proof that the finishing line is in sight. :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:06 am

It's the same statement as 2 weeks ago, with the same timescale, that turned out to be bollocks.

Just fecking get on with it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:59 am

This is more about the past than the future, but there’s some interesting info from Oztumer here.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... rned-sour/

So players who’d got us promoted then left still hadn’t been paid a full year later; Parky was trying (and failing) to change the style; specifically the tactics changed whenever Oz was in the team; by the end, players and coaches weren’t turning up.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:58 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:59 am
This is more about the past than the future, but there’s some interesting info from Oztumer here.

So players who’d got us promoted then left still hadn’t been paid a full year later; Parky was trying (and failing) to change the style; specifically the tactics changed whenever Oz was in the team; by the end, players and coaches weren’t turning up.
It just sounds more and more like an utter shit show. I’ve said before, (ignoring his tactical deficiencies for a moment), but I credit Parkinson with keeping things together enough to put 11 players out most weeks. I do think we’d have fallen on our arses a lot sooner with another manager last season.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 am

jimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:58 am

It just sounds more and more like an utter shit show. I’ve said before, (ignoring his tactical deficiencies for a moment), but I credit Parkinson with keeping things together enough to put 11 players out most weeks. I do think we’d have fallen on our arses a lot sooner with another manager last season.
Very much agree with that jimbo. Whatever his shortcomings, Parky has worked in some exceptionally difficult circumstances and always maintained a degree of professionalism and dignity in the middle of an absolute clusterfeck.

Whilst a fresh start I think is preferable for everyone, it won't be the worst thing if circumstances mean he has to stay on another year. We owe him.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:38 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 am
jimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:58 am

Very much agree with that jimbo. Whatever his shortcomings, Parky has worked in some exceptionally difficult circumstances and always maintained a degree of professionalism and dignity in the middle of an absolute clusterfeck.

Whilst a fresh start I think is preferable for everyone, it won't be the worst thing if circumstances mean he has to stay on another year. We owe him.

That was my view for a long time, and still is to some degree, but ive also come to see him as something of an apologist for Anderson.
When the really disgraceful stuff was happening he had very little to say and he should have backed the players publicly. There was too much of the 'Ken's doing his best' bollocks for me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:53 am

Apparently Connell's applied to have his contract terminated and the administrators have told him to get stuffed :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:39 am

He's been developed through our youth academy & the club gave him a chance in the first team which helped him develop further & now he decides he wants to leave. Loyalty in football, non existent - let him rot in Celtic reserves, because I doubt that he will ever play a game for them. But I do like the fact that the administrators have refused.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 am

:conf: When the fxck is an update that tells you absolutely nothing new, a statement???

Here is an Official Statement from the Combined Confused Fans of Bolton Wanderers FC: "What the fxck is happening? When will it happen? And why didn't it happen yesterday???"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:54 am

feck Luca Connell

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:59 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 am
:conf: When the fxck is an update that tells you absolutely nothing new, a statement???

Here is an Official Statement from the Combined Confused Fans of Bolton Wanderers FC: "What the fxck is happening? When will it happen? And why didn't it happen yesterday???"

That doesn't speak for us in the Bolton Wanderers FC Confused Fans Combine.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:59 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 am

That doesn't speak for us in the Bolton Wanderers FC Confused Fans Combine.
I don't propose to speak on behalf of all the different fan base groups, especially that obnoxious radical bunch of confused knobheads! I'm merely the spokesthing for the middle of the road ordinary law abiding Combined Confused Fans collective... :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:19 pm

The takeover will be ok (I say will - but until its done it isn't done so perhaps should say "should" but there is no need to panic). A serious personal incident relating to one of the FV members occurred that caused a delay to what was in reality an already incredibly accelerated and accelerated timetable. The details of a personal matter should not be divulged. The process of buying the club will almost certainly occur quicker than the average house sale. A multi million pound business with a number of secured creditors being sold quicker than a house...

Since the delay for non-deal related reasons, the administrators cannot give a blow by blow account on progress for every legal agreement required as part of the talks - nor can they say anything beyond what they "hope" the timetable will be. The deals being agreed with other secured creditors will take whatever time is required to rubber-stamp. And the administrators and to an extent FV are not in complete control of these agreements - nor the speed that third party solicitors work. Some of the issues that have cropped up have been more complex than anticipated. There are significant issues around the hotel - that as far as I'm told are not yet resolved.

It is simply a matter of timing now. This will be the quickest a club has been brought out of administration since pre-pack deals were banned by EFL rules. So its going to be done quickly. Just a matter of whether it completes next week or the week after or whenever. As much as I know they want to get HoTs signed today and that was the intention yesterday - there are no guarantees and none offered beyond "hope". I think realistically heads of terms will be next week with the deal done the week after but we'll see. There is still time to hurry up some solicitors today.Those working on the deal feel it is one of the most professional processes they have seen.

Adios amigos.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:23 pm

I thought you'd fxcked off for mental health reasons last month!
Suddenly you know everything again, and are desperate to let us all know.
Thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:19 pm
The takeover will be ok (I say will - but until its done it isn't done so perhaps should say "should" but there is no need to panic). A serious personal incident relating to one of the FV members occurred that caused a delay to what was in reality an already incredibly accelerated and accelerated timetable. The details of a personal matter should not be divulged. The process of buying the club will almost certainly occur quicker than the average house sale. A multi million pound business with a number of secured creditors being sold quicker than a house...

Since the delay for non-deal related reasons, the administrators cannot give a blow by blow account on progress for every legal agreement required as part of the talks - nor can they say anything beyond what they "hope" the timetable will be. The deals being agreed with other secured creditors will take whatever time is required to rubber-stamp. And the administrators and to an extent FV are not in complete control of these agreements - nor the speed that third party solicitors work. Some of the issues that have cropped up have been more complex than anticipated. There are significant issues around the hotel - that as far as I'm told are not yet resolved.

It is simply a matter of timing now. This will be the quickest a club has been brought out of administration since pre-pack deals were banned by EFL rules. So its going to be done quickly. Just a matter of whether it completes next week or the week after or whenever. As much as I know they want to get HoTs signed today and that was the intention yesterday - there are no guarantees and none offered beyond "hope". I think realistically heads of terms will be next week with the deal done the week after but we'll see. There is still time to hurry up some solicitors today.Those working on the deal feel it is one of the most professional processes they have seen.

Adios amigos.
Don't particularly disagree - these things take time - people are confused by what the priorities are here. Number 1 is save Club. Everything else is somewhat secondary - including how many points we'll get docked, what the squad may or may not look like - yadda, yadda.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm

"Legal representatives are burning the midnight oil in an effort to produce a Heads of Terms Agreement with a potential buyer, believed to be blahhdee blah"

What's it now? Midday Oil?

Bullshit, bollocks, and fxcking crap.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください