General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:28 pm
It's an odd scenario. The younger, presumably fitter, guy going out of his way to avoid confrontation with the bulky older chap aggressively pursuing him. Pomeroys own son saying his dad could never let go and shrug off such incidents.

On the face of it, self defence sounds reasonable. Carrying a knife however, clearly is not. Either way, he's looking at a sizeable chunk of his future life being spent in prison.
That isn't how I've read the reports.
What I've understood of it is that Pencille didn't like the fact that Pomeroy was stood in the aisle. Pencille made a comment, Pomeroy responded. Pencille threatened Pomeroy, Pomeroy got exasperated and tried to find out what Pencille's problem was. His problem was that he was a nutter. All the witnesses say that Pencille initiated it, escalated it, and finally turned it into violence. Pomeroy didn't even know he'd been stabbed, he thought he'd been punched. 18 times.
In no way whatsoever did Pencille go out of his way to avoid confrontation, according to witnesses and CCTV.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6991
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Looking at the footage yesterday he was walking through the carriageways away from Pomeroy. Pencille's brief said that the fight started after Pencille reached the last carriage and could go no further to get away. Yesterday's witness said Pomeroy was demanding an apology for Pencille being rude to him in front of his son. Today's witness said Pomeroy was baiting Pencille.

Whatevs - it's a bloody tragrdy
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12618
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Dumb or what! (actually its quite worrying who hacked the system? technical glitch my bum)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/s ... li=AAnZ9Ug

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4021
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 am

"An area of Amazon rainforest roughly the size of a football pitch is now being cleared every single minute, according to satellite data."

It's ok though cos the UK's going carbon neutral in a few years.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12618
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:10 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 am
"An area of Amazon rainforest roughly the size of a football pitch is now being cleared every single minute, according to satellite data."

It's ok though cos the UK's going carbon neutral in a few years.
Wonder how long it will be before some folk, probably ex pacifists who have moved on to a new cause demand we take military action in certain countries to stop it? :roll:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7236
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:25 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 am
"An area of Amazon rainforest roughly the size of a football pitch is now being cleared every single minute, according to satellite data."

It's ok though cos the UK's going carbon neutral in a few years.
This just makes me so sad. We are ruining our planet. Did anyone see that war on plastic programme on the beeb the other week? Scary stuff. The little I try and do seems so futile.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Dujon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:55 am

No, GG, your efforts, like mine, add together in our attempt to reduce our current impact on the world at large. There are just two of us, but there is many a million who accompany us. I am not a rabid 'global change' follower by the way, but it makes sense to conserve what we have and try not to damage the planet any further and try not to inadvertently produce unexpected consequences.

Remember, though, that our far distant forefathers started this: Initially the hunting of animals for food, then the beginning of agriculture in settlements, followed by the clearing of land for crops and the use of timber cleared for that. Much of that fallen timber would have been used for shelter, but a fair proportion would have been used as fuel for heating or cooking and later for smelting.

From my reading, GG, England was once not the land it now is. Forests have been cleared to produce the fair and gentle land that the poets now extol.

Don't give up, we all have to 'dig in' and do our bit - recycling stuff that is recyclable, compost vegetable waste, using solar power if it's viable ... etc. :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7236
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:39 am

I guess Dujon.. I try and do my bit, we’ve switched to bamboo toothbrushes, eco friendly loo roll, I use csp and my youngest and the twins were in reusable nappies and I used reusable wipes, trying to use soap in bars more rather then in plastic, reusable water bottles, we try and recycle and buy ethically raised meat but milk in bottles, rather then plastic comes in at nearly 3 times the price and if I don’t have time to get to the local greengrocers most of the fruit and veg is largely wrapped in plastic. Compost bin has gone for a burton since we found a family of baby rats in theres so whilst I do some stuff we don’t do loads (any suggestions of other easy swaps gratefully received!) plus the sheer amount of houses going up in our village at the moment is staggering. I’m not normally a nimby but it’s sad to see the lovely fields around destroyed especially knowing the amount of waste produced, just seems the small amount a local household can do is a drop in the ocean really.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Dujon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:13 am

You can only do what you can, GG, and it sounds like you're doing that.
I had to chuckle at the milk in bottles comment, I suppose that they are available here somewhere, but I haven't come across them for years. We used to buy milk in the plastic containers but have now changed to the cardboard, recyclable, containers. My wife is the auditor in these matters - she won't allow me within a hundred metres of her when we go a-shopping, :( but it does allow me to admire the young ladies who pass by as I sit ruminating on my misfortunes. She also analyses the contents of the in-house two-bin-system (the recyclable and the not) which I instituted some time ago. Trust in marriage? :box: :wink:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38214
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:50 pm

I've read a lot of argument,discussions etc,etc, regarding Bolton as a town. I found this article from two years ago, not in the Bolton News, but in the Guardian. I just got back from a shopping trip to Bolton (which we do once a week generally) and, well, little has changed. Where did it really all go so wrong?

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017 ... ntre-slump
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Just been round to a neighbour's BBQ for a quick intro to some friends of theirs. Whilst there I thought I'd make myself useful and help the host to prepare his scran.
"Which of your boards is the raw meat board?" I innocently asked, followed by a look of total confusion.
I had to explain that in our household it is The Law that the smallest board is for chopping/slicing cooked meats/fish, the one with the rope is for raw meat, the one with fish engraved/burnt on it is for raw fish/seafood, the medium sized one is for vegetables/fruit slicing, the large one for bread, and the olive wood one is for cheese.

He said, just choose one of his three, they all get washed.

I asked how many deaths through food poisoning his household had suffered recently, and was proffered the answer of none, not even a stomach ache.

Tonight I am about to confront the wife regarding The Law of The Chopping Boards.
Wish me luck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35559
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm
Just been round to a neighbour's BBQ for a quick intro to some friends of theirs. Whilst there I thought I'd make myself useful and help the host to prepare his scran.
"Which of your boards is the raw meat board?" I innocently asked, followed by a look of total confusion.
I had to explain that in our household it is The Law that the smallest board is for chopping/slicing cooked meats/fish, the one with the rope is for raw meat, the one with fish engraved/burnt on it is for raw fish/seafood, the medium sized one is for vegetables/fruit slicing, the large one for bread, and the olive wood one is for cheese.

He said, just choose one of his three, they all get washed.

I asked how many deaths through food poisoning his household had suffered recently, and was proffered the answer of none, not even a stomach ache.

Tonight I am about to confront the wife regarding The Law of The Chopping Boards.
Wish me luck.
Ideally they should be coloured differently - red for raw meat, blue for fish, white for bread and so on....
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat pop on

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm
Just been round to a neighbour's BBQ for a quick intro to some friends of theirs. Whilst there I thought I'd make myself useful and help the host to prepare his scran.
"Which of your boards is the raw meat board?" I innocently asked, followed by a look of total confusion.
I had to explain that in our household it is The Law that the smallest board is for chopping/slicing cooked meats/fish, the one with the rope is for raw meat, the one with fish engraved/burnt on it is for raw fish/seafood, the medium sized one is for vegetables/fruit slicing, the large one for bread, and the olive wood one is for cheese.

He said, just choose one of his three, they all get washed.

I asked how many deaths through food poisoning his household had suffered recently, and was proffered the answer of none, not even a stomach ache.

Tonight I am about to confront the wife regarding The Law of The Chopping Boards.
Wish me luck.
Ideally they should be coloured differently - red for raw meat, blue for fish, white for bread and so on....
Ours are all wood. Hence the classification according to size, emblazonment, etc.
So, you're agreeing with my wife, and disagreeing with my neighbour? (PS my wife bases The Law on a Home Economics 'O'Level she got around the time humanity trekked out of Africa.)
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4021
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm
Tonight I am about to confront the wife regarding The Law of The Chopping Boards.
Wish me luck.

You sure they're not Rules?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm
Tonight I am about to confront the wife regarding The Law of The Chopping Boards.
Wish me luck.

You sure they're not Rules?
:fingers:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19871
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 pm

We have a similar system (she bought special chopping boards, multi colored, with different grooves etc, it's like a professional kitchen).

This system is only ever observed when she is in the house (they all get blasted in the dishwasher). We have to date had no deaths or illnesses.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 pm
We have a similar system (she bought special chopping boards, multi colored, with different grooves etc, it's like a professional kitchen).

This system is only ever observed when she is in the house (they all get blasted in the dishwasher). We have to date had no deaths or illnesses.
I might, on second thoughts, not confront her. I shall instead observe the Prufrock Protocol and obey the Law (Rules) only when necessary.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:48 pm

I did after all confront her. The Law stands.
The 'discussion' surrounding The Law got extended to my use of the fridge and it's zones. I hadn't realise I'd transgressed The Zones. It's been made clear how incompetent I am in the sphere of home economics.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by jimbo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:33 pm

We’ve got fancy plastic coloured chopping boards with little pictures embossed on the corners of them telling you what should be chopped on there. We pay absolutely no attention to it and it feels quite liberating to be chopping a mango on the one with the little fish on it, or filleting raw chicken on the bread board.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19871
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Screenshot_20190704-204932~2.png
Screenshot_20190704-204932~2.png (498.99 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Your rules mean nothing to me:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest