The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:30 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Who decided to call the current storm 'Gareth'? It's a ridiculous name. All the Gareths I know are good at art, read The Guardian, that sort of thing.
There you go.....straight from the horses mouth, so to speak... :)
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-storm-names
Thanks Tango. But.
I note they still fail to qualify exactly why they are named. That is how they are actually selected from the available 10000.
As Bruce says, Gareth hardly epitomises Storm.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8487
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Weather

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

You want to try getting to Raasay in a hurry. Or there on any Sunday... :lol:
I've only ever seen a very short queue for the Raasay ferry...if you can call 3 vehicles a queue :D

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

You want to try getting to Raasay in a hurry. Or there on any Sunday... :lol:
I've only ever seen a very short queue for the Raasay ferry...if you can call 3 vehicles a queue :D
Back in the day you could only get three on. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8487
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Weather

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

You want to try getting to Raasay in a hurry. Or there on any Sunday... :lol:
I've only ever seen a very short queue for the Raasay ferry...if you can call 3 vehicles a queue :D
Back in the day you could only get three on. :D
Probably why there is never a 4th :lol:

I can go months without leaving my village, so I'm not really up on what's going on elsewhere :oops:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38225
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: The Weather

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Hands behind back, flex knees...Going to b e a warm night tonight officer..... :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35561
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Weather

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Blimey Charlie :shock:

Is Whaley Bridge anywhere near you, Spotto?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-49189955
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38225
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: The Weather

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Walsden, where I lived for a couple of years, usually gets it bad with flooding. Fingers crossed for them.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 pm
Blimey Charlie :shock:

Is Whaley Bridge anywhere near you, Spotto?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-49189955
Thankfully not.
River Derwent is a raging brown mass, but nowhere near top flooding levels.

It has been scarily pissing down absolute sheets of rain/hail in the last hour again round here though. My house's safe - it sits well up a cliff edge.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The Weather

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 pm
Blimey Charlie :shock:

Is Whaley Bridge anywhere near you, Spotto?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-49189955

That looks potentially catastrophic!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35561
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Weather

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Walsden, where I lived for a couple of years, usually gets it bad with flooding. Fingers crossed for them.
Was that where the reservoir breached above it, Tango? Or was that Hebden Bridge? Does usually cop for a lot of water over there.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38225
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: The Weather

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Walsden, where I lived for a couple of years, usually gets it bad with flooding. Fingers crossed for them.
Was that where the reservoir breached above it, Tango? Or was that Hebden Bridge? Does usually cop for a lot of water over there.
As you probably know Bruce the Calder Valley cops it regularly and Waslden, Todmorden and Hebden Bridge are like Bolton, Farnworth and Horwich for nearness. Walsden got flooded in March this year and regularly gets it, sometimes badly.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/283642/ ... march-2019
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 pm

They're putting sandbags on top of a disintegrating dam!
Sandfxckkingbags!!! :lol: There's a million tons of water rushing over it you tits. (Civil Engineering brought to you by Future Ventures).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35561
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Weather

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 pm
They're putting sandbags on top of a disintegrating dam!
Sandfxckkingbags!!! :lol: There's a million tons of water rushing over it you tits. (Civil Engineering brought to you by Future Ventures).
You are joking? You fecking must be!
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 pm
They're putting sandbags on top of a disintegrating dam!
Sandfxckkingbags!!! :lol: There's a million tons of water rushing over it you tits. (Civil Engineering brought to you by Future Ventures).
You are joking? You fecking must be!
I'm not. Aerial footage showing them stacking sandbags on top...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23086
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Weather

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:49 am

To continue the "wrongness" of the approach, I read the headline "RAF drafted in as Derbyshire dam wall on brink of collapse" - That just conjured up a mental picture of them hitting it with bouncing bombs...

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Here comes the rain. I'm about twenty-five minutes south of Whalley Bridge as the cloud flies. Heavens have just opened. I reckon their 3m cleared will be down to 2m cleared soon...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:01 pm

...wow, fxcking hell! Lightning and thunder everywhere, daylight has turned deepest grey, shot through with electric blue...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm still following the Whaley Bridge dam story and have two observations, neither to do with the weather, but both to do with Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Swann, spokeswoman to the media and grim faced chair of the Local Resilience Forum.

1. What the fxck! How the hell did you spectacularly make a hairstyle look like you've been dragged through a dam backwards...
2. I note her plea for the residents who didn't return through the police barriers was merely that, a plea. It has no force of law, they can stay in their own homes if they want. You don't have to send anybody in to check on them, or provide them with anything. Equally if the dam does burst then that was their decision, if they die they die.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Weather

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Raining stairrods and our electric supply fxcking goes. Can't see fxck all inside because it's too dark, can't go outside because it's chucking water and lightning about like nobody's business. Fxcking weather!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The Weather

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm
Raining stairrods and our electric supply fxcking goes. Can't see fxck all inside because it's too dark, can't go outside because it's chucking water and lightning about like nobody's business. Fxcking weather!

Not just you Spotty! Much of London and the South East, plus areas further North. It'll no doubt reach Horwich and the Coventry game will be off!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests