Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm

My post was an initial gut reaction to seeing the price. I see both sides. The club is in a spot and can’t afford to lose money on the game. On the other hand this feels like a tax on loyalty for fans who have been through a miserable period already. It’s alright for the first game, but after a few home games where we get smashed and the kids heads go down I can see £24 not looking a lot but looking like a huge iron drawbridge to many.

It’s tricky and I’ve seen all the evidence in the past that lower prices loses the club money. So I’m sympathetic but also worry that if as Iles suggests it’s FV setting the prices that it may not reflect the reality for the towns fans watching another season of struggle....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:26 pm

I'm sure they'd love to shrink the stadium to 14/15,000 and pay less rates too. Point is, there are some fixed costs in there they can do fck all about. I think Admins say it cost us £17m to operate last count. So at £24 the ticket price is already half subsidised from other sources...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 am

Ticket sales suspended whilst they work out how to price them without incurring the wrath of the dreaded Supporters Trust. After all they wrote a mildly angry tweet last night.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 am
Ticket sales suspended whilst they work out how to price them without incurring the wrath of the dreaded Supporters Trust. After all they wrote a mildly angry tweet last night.
Shambolic is the word that springs to mind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 am
Shambolic is the word that springs to mind.
I don't think its easy. Only way game went ahead is because FV put money in. They don't own the club. They don't know when they will or if they will. And they worked out a pricing plan to try and break even. It didn't go down well. But if FV were actually through the door it would be a lot easier for them.

I still think they won't be looking at low prices this season if they do takeover - they need the money - and lower prices loses the club money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:49 am

FV funding game confirmed here -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ntry-game/

This is a total mess - and FV are going above and beyond here I'd say. Even with the high prices.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 am

I'm getting seriously irked at the whole situation, Marc Iles can fecking do one.

F.V. are trying their best to get the club and run it whilst not owning it. The game is going ahead. They have worked out the price of what it's going to cost and wish to recover these costs. Why is it Bolton fans think the club owes them something? We cannot afford to run at a loss, these people do not realise how close this club is to collapse and yet still they want to watch for feck all. "Twenty is plenty"? Is is feck. Look at the average price for League One. Tiers are in place to ensure that they get an average of over "Twenty".

What's the next excuse? I'm not going whilst Parky is in charge. The stewards are bullies, the seats are wet, It's too cold.

What was the noise when Luca Connel went to Celtic for an extremely low price?

People want players in and a new manager. Guess what, this all costs money. If you aren't willing to stump up the cash then don't complain about the team when we have to sign Conference level players.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 am
I'm getting seriously irked at the whole situation, Marc Iles can fecking do one.

F.V. are trying their best to get the club and run it whilst not owning it. The game is going ahead. They have worked out the price of what it's going to cost and wish to recover these costs. Why is it Bolton fans think the club owes them something? We cannot afford to run at a loss, these people do not realise how close this club is to collapse and yet still they want to watch for feck all. "Twenty is plenty"? Is is feck. Look at the average price for League One. Tiers are in place to ensure that they get an average of over "Twenty".

What's the next excuse? I'm not going whilst Parky is in charge. The stewards are bullies, the seats are wet, It's too cold.

People want players in and a new manager. Guess what, this all costs money. If you aren't willing to stump up the cash then don't complain about the team when we have to sign Conference level players.
I think I pretty much agree with all this.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:22 am

DJBlu wrote:

I understand the noise over £24. But I think the issue is people don't really understand the circumstances and get fed nonsense via social media. My gut reaction was "wow that's a lot". But after some thought I'm with you. The club is being propped up by FV - they can't afford to lose money on the game.

Interested to see what prices they come back with here....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:22 am

DJBlu wrote:

:pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 am

Suspending ticket sales is a bad move imho.

£24 wasn't that unreasonable, and if that is what they calculated worked for them then they should just go ahead and charge that. If FV listen to our fans moaning about ticket prices then they will be making even bigger losses running this club. They will also find that regardless of price, the crowds won't change too much. Those moaning about price are often the most fickle who wouldn't go anyway.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 am

Just having a quick look round the division and I've (so far) found one club whose lowest ticket price (adult, non-member, in advance, cheapest area) is £24. I was surprised at who it was...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:33 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 am
Suspending ticket sales is a bad move imho.

£24 wasn't that unreasonable, and if that is what they calculated worked for them then they should just go ahead and charge that. If FV listen to our fans moaning about ticket prices then they will be making even bigger losses running this club. They will also find that regardless of price, the crowds won't change too much. Those moaning about price are often the most fickle who wouldn't go anyway.
It is an interesting move that is for sure...perhaps they felt it necessary as a gesture....I suspect the ST writing their "letter" tipped them into a change.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am

They should come back, acknowledge they got the pricing wrong, admit it’s a fine balance to optimise revenue, and make it £30 just for the bantz. Then sit back and watch it kick off on twitter.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 am
Just having a quick look round the division and I've (so far) found one club whose lowest ticket price (adult, non-member, in advance, cheapest area) is £24. I was surprised at who it was...
Ipswich are asking for £28 - £31 for their Tier 1 this weekend against Sunderland.

Blackpool are around £22.

People are so out of touch with what it costs these days and I believe it's this that's causing the problems.

Bristol Rovers - £19-25 – U18 – £10-£12
Fleetwood - £20-£28 – U18 - £5 - £11
Gillingham - £22-£27 – U18 - £8 - £9
Ipswich - £23 - £47 – U18 ?? <-- 47 pounds max price. Now that is a piss take.
MKDons - £22 - £32 – U18 £7-£17 – U12’s – Free

I got bored at this point but it just shows that we're not alone in what we are charging.

It's a one off game where everyone needs to just suck it up, I've no doubts that the season tickets will follow in due course and will have some really appeasing discounts.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 am

jimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am
They should come back, acknowledge they got the pricing wrong, admit it’s a fine balance to optimise revenue, and make it £30 just for the bantz. Then sit back and watch it kick off on twitter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:46 am

I take your point, DJ Blu, and I also understand why you got bored: there's a lot of different options these days, not just the old terrace/stand division but also advance discounts, membership, match categories, etc.

However, in terms of lowest possible one-off adult tickets for home sections, bought in advance, for non-members, this is what I found.
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.40.53.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.40.53.png (76.61 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
The first club I found to offer nothing cheaper than £24 was, surprisingly, Lincoln; but Posh and Pompey ask that too. Caveats: Bury seemingly haven't published their prices yet, for obvious reasons; some clubs have terraces (I've asterisked some, there maybe others – I know Stanley do too, but theirs is a blanket £20 whether you stand or sit).

With a few exceptions it's basically £20-£24. We're at the top end of that, but as noted, we're hardly swishing with money at the moment.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 am

DJBlu wrote:

I still think £24 is a little high just to watch the kids, but I would seriously pay £50 - £60 this week if FV said that we a have a new manager !!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 am
DJBlu wrote:

I still think £24 is a little high just to watch the kids, but I would seriously pay £50 - £60 this week if FV said that we a have a new manager !!
Wouldn't it depend who the new manager was?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 am

All well and good, but how much do season ticket holders pay per game at other clubs? FV can't just treat everybody like they're a JCL. This mess isn't our fault.
May the bridges I burn light your way