Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 am
All well and good, but how much do season ticket holders pay per game at other clubs? FV can't just treat everybody like they're a JCL. This mess isn't our fault.
Think its more complicated than many thing. The club had to provide a matchday pricing plan at end of June to EFL - so outline the ticket price ranges. They aren't allowed to deviate from this without permission from EFL and other club. So I assume admins stuck in a pricing plan at that point broadly reflective of matchday ticket averages. I'm guessing that is reflective of announced pricing. To change prices will need permission - it appears that is what is going on at the moment.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am

I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am
I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.
Sadly not. Unless a miracle occurred first thing this morning.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 am

Maybe not but I still think it wont be about ticket price reductions, they shouldn't reduce them IMO now that they have been published - it may be something around a lack of stewards or perhaps the club bank account is still frozen ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 am
Maybe not but I still think it wont be about ticket price reductions, they shouldn't reduce them IMO now that they have been published - it may be something around a lack of stewards or perhaps the club bank account is still frozen ?
Pretty sure they will be re-looking at prices.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
All well and good, but how much do season ticket holders pay per game at other clubs? FV can't just treat everybody like they're a JCL. This mess isn't our fault.
At the moment we aren't selling STs so it's moot. The pricing of those STs is a whole other question for a whole other day, but the information's online if anybody else wants to research it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Why not just say that then? Absolute fecking wankers.
Wording seems to have got everyone thinking there's a takeover to be announced. And it'll be another disappointment when it isn't.
What an absolute incompetent farce our club has become. Everyday someone else will walk away for good.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:50 am

Not the most informed view, but just maybe the debate about prices is just another brick in the wall/ kick in the cobblers, of possible the worst season in our lifetimes. Any other time it probably wouldn't be such a factor, right now it will seem just another disappointment in a sack-full of them; skint, no owners, no players, down a division, injuries, a 12 point deduction and not even knowing if we'll survive....and all for only £24 a week at the college of knowledge stadium....sort of....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:51 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Why not just say that then? Absolute fecking wankers.
Wording seems to have got everyone thinking there's a takeover to be announced. And it'll be another disappointment when it isn't.
What an absolute incompetent farce our club has become. Everyday someone else will walk away for good.
I do not know. I wonder if its because they didn't want to say they were reviewing prices - in case they are unable to change them?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Think its more complicated than many thing. The club had to provide a matchday pricing plan at end of June to EFL - so outline the ticket price ranges. They aren't allowed to deviate from this without permission from EFL and other club. So I assume admins stuck in a pricing plan at that point broadly reflective of matchday ticket averages. I'm guessing that is reflective of announced pricing. To change prices will need permission - it appears that is what is going on at the moment.
They'll certainly want to keep season ticket holders on side, they're the lifeblood of the club but I guess at the moment they're just doing what they can to make sure a team is on the pitch and fans can get in, whilst the takeover talks rumble on.

For our part as STHs, I'd suggest all we can do is be patient, pay as we go and hope this will be reflected in the price when they start selling them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:57 am

There's a lot of "damned if they do" at the moment. Which, to be fair, wouldn't happen if they could get on and "do" the thing they want to do. But it seems to me we're waiting on Friday and the hotel denouement.

If I were Michael James, the constant complaints would be making me edge toward taking the money and running.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:57 am
There's a lot of "damned if they do" at the moment. Which, to be fair, wouldn't happen if they could get on and "do" the thing they want to do. But it seems to me we're waiting on Friday and the hotel denouement.

If I were Michael James, the constant complaints would be making me edge toward taking the money and running.
He's a fan who doesn't want the club to die. Also not convinced that the money on offer is as reported.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 am
At the moment we aren't selling STs so it's moot.
No it isn't. It should've been taken into consideration.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm
In what way?

Presumably FV have prices in mind for STs. Trouble is, they ain't got the club, and it's not the admins' job to set it in their absence. What if the admins and FV disagree? What if FV want to sell STs cheap, as guaranteed income, but admins are more cautious?

It's the same as ever. ST holders understandably don't want their costs undercut by walk-up offers. But if matchday prices are too high, the attendance freezes. There's no precisely right answer. But at the minute it strikes me as not the main question.

Here's another thought. With the club having the potential of imminent collapse, and even if that doesn't happen a season of real struggle with unproven ownership and a skinny squad of kiddies, how many STs do we really think we'll sell? Whatever the price?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Here's another thought. With the club having the potential of imminent collapse, and even if that doesn't happen a season of real struggle with unproven ownership and a skinny squad of kiddies, how many STs do we really think we'll sell? Whatever the price?
Well, there'll always be people like me who'll buy an ST anyway, regardless as to whether I turn up to all the games or not, but I guess I'm in a minority. That said, towards the end of last season I'm not sure I was.
I'd say it's pretty much impossible to gauge at this point. There are many people who swore to me at the end of last season that they wouldn't be renewing this season, yet are now telling me that they're not comfortable about abandoning the club in its darkest hour and are having a re-think.
However, what I would have done is I'd have used this game as something of an olive branch and pitched the ticket price at a level that would encourage people back into the habit of going to the game.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Actually Bruce, if I was buying a season ticket which presumably I'd have stumped up the cash before the season started, if things go pear shaped I'd never see that money again nor nothing for it. At a guess it would be in our last owners bank account before the admin.
Keep hold of your money for now and see how it pans out.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:29 pm
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 pm
Well, there'll always be people like me who'll buy an ST anyway, regardless as to whether I turn up to all the games or not, but I guess I'm in a minority. That said, towards the end of last season I'm not sure I was.
I'd say it's pretty much impossible to gauge at this point. There are many people who swore to me at the end of last season that they wouldn't be renewing this season, yet are now telling me that they're not comfortable about abandoning the club in its darkest hour and are having a re-think.
However, what I would have done is I'd have used this game as something of an olive branch and pitched the ticket price at a level that would encourage people back into the habit of going to the game.
Which is fair enough, but when that happens and the price dips below [ST divided by 23], ST holders frequently (understandably) cry "unfair". 'cept they can't do that this time 'cos there's no ST holders...!

As Hobo notes, if it were me I'd be very very wary of buying a season ticket unless I could comfortably absorb the loss with the knowledge that I might get nothing from it. How many Bolton fans are willing or able to do that?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:38 pm
Which is fair enough, but when that happens and the price dips below [ST divided by 23], ST holders frequently (understandably) cry "unfair". 'cept they can't do that this time 'cos there's no ST holders...!

As Hobo notes, if it were me I'd be very very wary of buying a season ticket unless I could comfortably absorb the loss with the knowledge that I might get nothing from it. How many Bolton fans are willing or able to do that?
Do we though? I think it's pretty much accepted now that the club incentivises certain games and the general train of thought from STH's is one of it being good to get bums on otherwise vacant seats.

Regarding Hobo's notes he is of course correct. What I'm waiting for here is news as to whether the instalment plan will be available again? That way I can cancel the standing order if it does all go tits up.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Anyone else slightly concerned at how long it's taking to delete '£24' and retype '£20' into the ticket office computers?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Anyone else slightly concerned at how long it's taking to delete '£24' and retype '£20' into the ticket office computers?
Hmmmm. Summat's not reet.

📰 CLUB STATEMENT:

Saturday’s Sky Bet League One game against Coventry City is going ahead.

We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we thank you for your continued patience.