General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm

East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
Doubtlessly this will be the fault of Sadiq Khan according to the racist 4ucknugget, Katie Hopkins, who appears to confuse the role of The Mayor of London with that of Batman.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12592
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
Doubtlessly this will be the fault of Sadiq Khan according to the racist 4ucknugget, Katie Hopkins, who appears to confuse the role of The Mayor of London with that of Batman.
Well actually Bruce..........
The Mayor sets an overall vision for London. He has a duty to create plans and policies for the capital covering:

Policing & Crime

Other priorities for the Mayor include higher education, foreign Investment and attracting events and conferences to London.
The Mayor’s £17bn annual budget supports investment in public transport, fire services and policing as well as the work of City Hall.
Not taken from any right wing rag either

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/mayo ... yor-london

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm a member of an online literary forum although I haven't posted there for a while. Today I got an e-mail at my site address from there from ": Hi, I'm a cute girl and wondered if you wanted some good fun time...you can find me on Google at.." well, never mind all that. I had a good laugh as I'll be 80 next month.... :lol:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Dujon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am

Geez, TANGO, I wouldn't mind a bit of that. I'm well and truly out of practice. :stalker:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12592
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Dujon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am
Geez, TANGO, I wouldn't mind a bit of that. I'm well and truly out of practice. :stalker:
:lol: I get the odd message from Russian girls wanting to hook up with me in the inbox (well junk mail) from time to time, read the headline, chuckle, then permanently delete.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8219
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

I can't get a look in..... :roll:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

I can't get a look in..... :roll:
Last week I bought a D.V.D -" Once upon a time in London" about the pre-Kray era and up to it, so yes, nothing new really. The story goes the Krays once tried to take over the Empress Club in Bolton at the height of its popularity but were sent packing by the Police.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19814
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

I can't get a look in..... :roll:
Last week I bought a D.V.D -" Once upon a time in London" about the pre-Kray era and up to it, so yes, nothing new really. The story goes the Krays once tried to take over the Empress Club in Bolton at the height of its popularity but were sent packing by the Police.
That story has a Sting in the tale.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

I can't get a look in..... :roll:
Last week I bought a D.V.D -" Once upon a time in London" about the pre-Kray era and up to it, so yes, nothing new really. The story goes the Krays once tried to take over the Empress Club in Bolton at the height of its popularity but were sent packing by the Police.
That story has a Sting in the tale.
Quite. :) The Bolton incident wasn't in the D.V.D but I remember it actually happening when Eddie Grindrod, Norman Clements and another guy owned the Empress Club. They got a lot of famous names on stage there back then including Rod Stewart and Lulu. Good days....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:49 pm

In no way meaning to be controversial, but this is Bolton traditionally. Whatever happened to Fred, Bert, Tom, Dick and Harry......and all the female counterparts as in our class at school? Oh, just realised, it's 2019.... :wink:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... -revealed/
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
I didn't, Tango. :D

What I can tell you, however, is that Nylon is a polyamide and that the name 'Nylon' is originally a DuPont brand name. There are two types of nylon fibre; nylon 6 (Less expensive, poor performance, low melting point etc.) and Nylon 66 (Decent stuff).

Oh, and the notion that Nylon is an acronym of New York and London is nonsense. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2692
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
To be fair I think the invention of nylon was probably overshadowed by a few other things that happened in 1939!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
To be fair I think the invention of nylon was probably overshadowed by a few other things that happened in 1939!
The invention of nylon though was immediately used for parachutes and parachute cords, so the timing of its invention was quite apposite.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
To be fair I think the invention of nylon was probably overshadowed by a few other things that happened in 1939!
Well, yes, but you know what happens to conversations when anyone mentions Hitler or, as John Cleese (who was also born in 1939 along with Dusty Springfield, Marty Wilde and Trevor McDonald, to name but a few, said,) .."Don't mention the war! ".. :lol:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

So dressing up as Aladdin is racist.

Well I'm f*cked. Better throw my Freddie Mercury costume in the bin before I get arrested for being homophobic!

There are some tossers about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35509
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am

Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am
So dressing up as Aladdin is racist.

Well I'm f*cked. Better throw my Freddie Mercury costume in the bin before I get arrested for being homophobic!

There are some tossers about.
When I was driving home the other night I heard ont' wireless that the Fire Brigade are doing away with having Fireman Sam as their mascot as some absolute 4ucknugget claims that it discourages potential female recruits. I really do hope that this is a spoof.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am
Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am
So dressing up as Aladdin is racist.

Well I'm f*cked. Better throw my Freddie Mercury costume in the bin before I get arrested for being homophobic!

There are some tossers about.
When I was driving home the other night I heard ont' wireless that the Fire Brigade are doing away with having Fireman Sam as their mascot as some absolute 4ucknugget claims that it discourages potential female recruits. I really do hope that this is a spoof.
I'm waiting for a re-write of Robinson Crusoe and Woman Friday, which will eventually become "Person Friday". Not sure what's intended for "Father Christmas and Mother Goose".... :|
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests