The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm
Missed all.this. got me thinking about my haircuts as a kid at Fosters opposite Orlando Bridge near Burnden. Clippers deal with what I've got left now, not visited a professional for years. Have a bad habit of leaving the pile of hair around for several days. My niece turned up and saw it and was appalled after I convinced her it was culled from my bum crack for hygiene reasons.
You are an evil uncle! Poor lass was probably scarred for life!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am

She'll be reet. She's no shrinking violet! Every bit as vulgar as me and my sister.
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?
...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2838
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

I hope he's going to shower in between! I'll be there.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

I hope he's going to shower in between! I'll be there.
I'll have a stand up wash in the sink, and that'll have to do thee!
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?
We have, but we might camp over. Either way, can be done. Got a spare tent.
...

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

I hope he's going to shower in between! I'll be there.
I'll have a stand up wash in the sink, and that'll have to do thee!

I'll bring a peg. :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

I hope he's going to shower in between! I'll be there.
I'll have a stand up wash in the sink, and that'll have to do thee!

I'll bring a peg. :D
It'll be good to see you again. If you can't remember what I look like you'll smell me coming.
...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2838
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Ashford Parkrun next week in full wanderers kit. (Blue away shirt and shorts 17/18). Then on to Gillingham.
Anyone?

In spite of yesterday, why am I tempted by this? Floor to kip on thrown in?

I hope he's going to shower in between! I'll be there.
I'll have a stand up wash in the sink, and that'll have to do thee!

I'll bring a peg. :D
It'll be good to see you again. If you can't remember what I look like you'll smell me coming.

Pervert!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Have a certain big birthday coming up next year that I'm in denial about 🙈but have decided with the littlest starting school next week :( that I may now have the time and energy to get fit properly. I've not ran well for years, my triple jump has been crap for the last few seasons and my tummy has definitely seen better days (thanks kids) so I'm planning on running twice a week, swimming once a week and joining the gym which I've not been to since I was in my teens, however because I'm on bank staff at the local leisure centre its currently free of charge for me so may as well make the most of it. Anyone who uses the gym please give me any tips going for motivation, good exercises etc!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 pm

I'd get in classes if possible. Much easier to do as you're told than motivate yourself. Same with running clubs.
Failing that a guy I know would slog it out on the cross trainer watching box sets on his iPad!
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 pm
I'd get in classes if possible. Much easier to do as you're told than motivate yourself. Same with running clubs.
Failing that a guy I know would slog it out on the cross trainer watching box sets on his iPad!
I had been talking today with my friend about doing a yoga/Pilates one with her as my flexibility is not what it is. Problem is classes are £7 a pop whereas gym is free and money is tight. Club is going to be tricky as going to go from coaching the teenagers when the adults train at 7 to coaching the youngest ones 5-6 when the twins join up soon and given its 15 minutes drive each way I can't see myself taking them home at 6 and then going back for 7. I'll still compete though. Did I mention I used to before against HW? The vests are minging!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 pm
I'd get in classes if possible. Much easier to do as you're told than motivate yourself. Same with running clubs.
Failing that a guy I know would slog it out on the cross trainer watching box sets on his iPad!
I had been talking today with my friend about doing a yoga/Pilates one with her as my flexibility is not what it is. Problem is classes are £7 a pop whereas gym is free and money is tight. Club is going to be tricky as going to go from coaching the teenagers when the adults train at 7 to coaching the youngest ones 5-6 when the twins join up soon and given its 15 minutes drive each way I can't see myself taking them home at 6 and then going back for 7. I'll still compete though. Did I mention I used to before against HW? The vests are minging!
I like our vests, old school simplicity.
Other way is is download routines and stuff from youtube. I did it with spin classes. I'm no expert n theses things though. I run and that's it. I'm utterly shite at any other form of sporting endeavour.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 pm
I'd get in classes if possible. Much easier to do as you're told than motivate yourself. Same with running clubs.
Failing that a guy I know would slog it out on the cross trainer watching box sets on his iPad!
I had been talking today with my friend about doing a yoga/Pilates one with her as my flexibility is not what it is. Problem is classes are £7 a pop whereas gym is free and money is tight. Club is going to be tricky as going to go from coaching the teenagers when the adults train at 7 to coaching the youngest ones 5-6 when the twins join up soon and given its 15 minutes drive each way I can't see myself taking them home at 6 and then going back for 7. I'll still compete though. Did I mention I used to before against HW? The vests are minging!
I like our vests, old school simplicity.
Other way is is download routines and stuff from youtube. I did it with spin classes. I'm no expert n theses things though. I run and that's it. I'm utterly shite at any other form of sporting endeavour.
It’s more the fetching shade of yellow I remember?!

Good idea re you tube. You don’t fancy a triathlon then?!

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:56 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 pm
I'd get in classes if possible. Much easier to do as you're told than motivate yourself. Same with running clubs.
Failing that a guy I know would slog it out on the cross trainer watching box sets on his iPad!
I had been talking today with my friend about doing a yoga/Pilates one with her as my flexibility is not what it is. Problem is classes are £7 a pop whereas gym is free and money is tight. Club is going to be tricky as going to go from coaching the teenagers when the adults train at 7 to coaching the youngest ones 5-6 when the twins join up soon and given its 15 minutes drive each way I can't see myself taking them home at 6 and then going back for 7. I'll still compete though. Did I mention I used to before against HW? The vests are minging!
I like our vests, old school simplicity.
Other way is is download routines and stuff from youtube. I did it with spin classes. I'm no expert n theses things though. I run and that's it. I'm utterly shite at any other form of sporting endeavour.
It’s more the felching shade of yellow I remember?!

:shock:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:24 am

:whack:

Bad man!
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm

The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7019
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.

When’s your park run tourism coming to Mid Sussex then?!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests