Rags to, well, rags....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4045
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:54 pm

I hope Ole got his 3 years as paid up, he'll be gone by Christmas the way it's going.

Looks like Mauricio will be gone well before though, so they'll miss out on him.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4045
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Enoch » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:25 pm

It's all unravelling. Worth a thought for those touting 'old boys' on the 'The next manager ' thread!

#bringbackfergie

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm
Location: Naklua, Thailand

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by piesrus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:22 pm

I think some of the old boys being touted for the Bolton job have a track record making them worth consideration. I don't think the same can be said of OSG. I guess Fergie had a big say in his surprise appointment.
With Edwin Van De Sar being viewed as the upcoming Director of Football, it looks like Utd will be going all Ajax. Their signings last summer were cast-offs from other clubs (Tadic, Blindt & Huntelaar) to augment promising youngsters. That is not a model for Man Utd.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19905
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Sounds like a pretty good model for Man Utd to me.

Really starting to look forward to this. Problem with mourinho was plenty of them never took to him to start with. To watch their hero get taken away is going to be lovely.

Ole's at the wheel.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25614
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am

God they were bad last night. Bolton bad.

I don't really understand why they are so bad - all you need to do is sack a negative experienced manager (JM) and replace him with a youthful manager who wants to play exciting football (OGS) or so all the experts on here would have it.....

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am
God they were bad last night. Bolton bad.

I don't really understand why they are so bad - all you need to do is sack a negative experienced manager (JM) and replace him with a youthful manager who wants to play exciting football (OGS) or so all the experts on here would have it.....
Well, this expert would have tripled the wages of the manager who could actually manage (AF) and kept him on for another two hundred years.
But then experts do disagree. If I were you I'd leave expertise to the experts and critique to the critics.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25614
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am
God they were bad last night. Bolton bad.

I don't really understand why they are so bad - all you need to do is sack a negative experienced manager (JM) and replace him with a youthful manager who wants to play exciting football (OGS) or so all the experts on here would have it.....
Well, this expert would have tripled the wages of the manager who could actually manage (AF) and kept him on for another two hundred years.
But then experts do disagree. If I were you I'd leave expertise to the experts and critique to the critics.
He retired. He didn't quit because he wasn't being paid enough. And since retiring he's not exactly been well.

You can't keep managers forever. And what it shows is that even for the club with the most spending power and resources there is no easy quick fix once things dip. Mourinho was lambasted but now everything he said about the players OGS is also saying. Mourinho wasn't allowed a free reign on transfers and got players he didn't want. OGS is doing no better with them than Jose was.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am
God they were bad last night. Bolton bad.

I don't really understand why they are so bad - all you need to do is sack a negative experienced manager (JM) and replace him with a youthful manager who wants to play exciting football (OGS) or so all the experts on here would have it.....
Well, this expert would have tripled the wages of the manager who could actually manage (AF) and kept him on for another two hundred years.
But then experts do disagree. If I were you I'd leave expertise to the experts and critique to the critics.
He retired. He didn't quit because he wasn't being paid enough. And since retiring he's not exactly been well.

You can't keep managers forever. And what it shows is that even for the club with the most spending power and resources there is no easy quick fix once things dip. Mourinho was lambasted but now everything he said about the players OGS is also saying. Mourinho wasn't allowed a free reign on transfers and got players he didn't want. OGS is doing no better with them than Jose was.
I wasn't being sincere. I was taking the piss out of you taking the piss out of everybody else FFS.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7036
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am
God they were bad last night. Bolton bad.

I don't really understand why they are so bad - all you need to do is sack a negative experienced manager (JM) and replace him with a youthful manager who wants to play exciting football (OGS) or so all the experts on here would have it.....
You're right.

All they have to do according to the so called experts on here is to hire an experienced premiership manager. Like say David Moyes, oh.

Perhaps an experienced European campaigner like Louis Van Gaal? Oh.

No, they'd be better off with someone who's experienced in both Europe and the Premier league. Someone like Jose Mourinho then.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm
Location: Naklua, Thailand

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by piesrus » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Get Roy Keane in. First job: chin Pogba.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Pogba certainly seems to be the root of the shite; when he is rotten they are rotten. I’d be selling him me, looks a right c*nt.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19905
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Yep, that video of Murphy running off him on sat is his and their season in a microcosm. Make him captain of you ask me!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12647
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am

United needed another Frenchie like Eric not poor relation like poggy.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Unted fan at work

Him "Bloody hell, what's going on with your lot?!"
Me: "Fvck knows mate, not really been paying attention, but it seems like we're completetly screwed"
Him - Genuinely, not even ironically "Could be worse, you could be a United fan. It's terrible at the moment"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19905
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Haha that's tremendous. Thank our lucky stars. There but for the grace of God go we.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38312
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:15 pm
Haha that's tremendous. Thank our lucky stars. There but for the grace of God go we.
I'm keeping that one in store for future reference... :lol:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

nicholaldo
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 pm

There've been far too few posts in this thread recently.

After today's calamity, Ole's record now stands at P19, W5, D4, L10. And one of those wins was against FC Astana on Thursday night.

That's some going.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35618
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:18 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 pm
There've been far too few posts in this thread recently.

After today's calamity, Ole's record now stands at P19, W5, D4, L10. And one of those wins was against FC Astana on Thursday night.

That's some going.
Saw the first goal and as well as the lad took it, United's stand-off defending was little short of horrendous. As Roy Keane pointed out, Noble gets to fanny about with it for nine or ten touches without coming under any pressure whatsoever. Furthermore, Rashford's the sort of striker I'd expect to find at say Watford. Most interestingly, Gary Neville pointed out that the money they've spent in the last few years isn't that far short of what City have spent. Really need DSB to verify that though as I'm not sure where you'd look for the numbers.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7278
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:48 pm

Loving this. Arsenal are not setting the world alight at the moment but ALWAYS funny to see United struggle.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25614
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Rags to, well, rags....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:18 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 pm
There've been far too few posts in this thread recently.

After today's calamity, Ole's record now stands at P19, W5, D4, L10. And one of those wins was against FC Astana on Thursday night.

That's some going.
Saw the first goal and as well as the lad took it, United's stand-off defending was little short of horrendous. As Roy Keane pointed out, Noble gets to fanny about with it for nine or ten touches without coming under any pressure whatsoever. Furthermore, Rashford's the sort of striker I'd expect to find at say Watford. Most interestingly, Gary Neville pointed out that the money they've spent in the last few years isn't that far short of what City have spent. Really need DSB to verify that though as I'm not sure where you'd look for the numbers.
They've spent loads. But kept sacking managers and having to then spend more. Rebuild after rebuild, mid rebuild.

Sound familiar?

There are some similarities of Sam Allardyce leaving us and Fergie stepping down. Long standing managers who ran the show top to bottom - impossible to replace.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests