creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:40 pm

F*ck me that Labuschagne is a versatile bugger.

I see he ran in a try against Russia today!

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by taddyontoast » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:40 pm
F*ck me that Labuschagne is a versatile bugger.

I see he ran in a try against Russia today!
:lol: once again following in the footsteps of Steve Smith...

Image

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am

Johnny Bairstowe being given the chop? That seems a bit unfair to me, he a good all rounder and wicket-keeper. Root apparently going for yoof..?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36053
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am
Johnny Bairstowe being given the chop? That seems a bit unfair to me, he a good all rounder and wicket-keeper. Root apparently going for yoof..?
I disagree, Tango. I thought he had a very poor Ashes, and he's profligate with appeals (which pisses me off no end). That said though, there are others I thought would've got the chop ahead of Bairstow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am
Johnny Bairstowe being given the chop? That seems a bit unfair to me, he a good all rounder and wicket-keeper. Root apparently going for yoof..?
I disagree, Tango. I thought he had a very poor Ashes, and he's profligate with appeals (which pisses me off no end). That said though, there are others I thought would've got the chop ahead of Bairstow.
He’s averaged 20 since the start of 2018. That’s a prolonged period of underachievement. Anyone else would have beeen dropped long ago.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Excited to see Sibley, Crawley, Parkinson and Mahmood getting a go.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38542
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:53 pm

jimbo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am
Johnny Bairstowe being given the chop? That seems a bit unfair to me, he a good all rounder and wicket-keeper. Root apparently going for yoof..?
I disagree, Tango. I thought he had a very poor Ashes, and he's profligate with appeals (which pisses me off no end). That said though, there are others I thought would've got the chop ahead of Bairstow.
He’s averaged 20 since the start of 2018. That’s a prolonged period of underachievement. Anyone else would have beeen dropped long ago.
He's also, primarily a decent wicket-keeper, not the easiest of jobs facing Broad and Archer. I'll stand by thinking it a mistake dropping him. Time will no doubt tell.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:53 pm
jimbo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am
Johnny Bairstowe being given the chop? That seems a bit unfair to me, he a good all rounder and wicket-keeper. Root apparently going for yoof..?
I disagree, Tango. I thought he had a very poor Ashes, and he's profligate with appeals (which pisses me off no end). That said though, there are others I thought would've got the chop ahead of Bairstow.
He’s averaged 20 since the start of 2018. That’s a prolonged period of underachievement. Anyone else would have beeen dropped long ago.
He's also, primarily a decent wicket-keeper, not the easiest of jobs facing Broad and Archer. I'll stand by thinking it a mistake dropping him. Time will no doubt tell.
He’s no better than Buttler behind the stumps. When there’s a ready made replacement already in the side you’ve got to make sure your batting makes you undroppable. JB just about saved himself in the last 2 tests I think, along with Foakes poor year for Surrey.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20198
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Yeah looks like a real missed opportunity for BF.

As I've said before I think Bairstow's problem is that he isn't the best keeper (Foakes) or the best batsman (Buttler, at least down the order) of the three of them. Bairstow better off concentrating on being a batsman though understandble why he's pretty attached to keeping.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jmjhb » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:18 am

jimbo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Excited to see Sibley, Crawley, Parkinson and Mahmood getting a go.
Think it's a season too early for Mahmood

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:48 am

I suspect Mahmood and Parkinson are there for experience and for staff to have a closer look at them and a chance to work with them over winter. Both great prospects but I agree they need a little more 4 day cricket first.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36053
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Sarah Taylor's retired. Such a sad day for the game that they've put it on the early evening news. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:20 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:54 pm
Sarah Taylor's retired. Such a sad day for the game that they've put it on the early evening news. :conf:
She’s an absolutely class wicketkeeper Bruce. Probably the most natural I’ve seen standing up to the stumps. It’s worth looking for some YouTube clips of her leg side stumpings as they’re things of beauty.

She was also a pioneer of discussing mental health, having to take a long period out of the game when at her peak and spoke quite frankly about it.

As for whether it deserves discussion on the news, especially on the same weekend Trescothick retires, is another matter.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36053
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Jofra Archer getting racial abuse in NZ? Really? That is outrageously disappointing!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23660
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:47 pm

It just wouldn't be Christmas without the inevitable batting collapse.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Enoch » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:02 pm

Aye. Good job we had that wanker Denly!

:wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26355
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:47 pm
It just wouldn't be Christmas without the inevitable batting collapse.
England in batting failure shocker! Batting lineup has failed for the past few years consistently. So frustrating. Put em in and we bowled pretty poorly but still had the advantage. But we always know this batting line up is complete pants.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23660
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:02 pm
Aye. Good job we had that wanker Denly!

:wink:
Form is temporary. He's averaging 30. Shiniest turd, dropped on 0.

:wink:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by jimbo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:02 pm
Aye. Good job we had that wanker Denly!

:wink:
Form is temporary. He's averaging 30. Shiniest turd, dropped on 0.

:wink:
Averaging 30 makes him a top player in the current England team!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23660
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:48 am

jimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:57 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:02 pm
Aye. Good job we had that wanker Denly!

:wink:
Form is temporary. He's averaging 30. Shiniest turd, dropped on 0.

:wink:
Averaging 30 makes him a top player in the current England team!
Decent point, well made. Anyone explain why Archer, going at 6 an over only has 1 slip in to a number 9/10? 340 behind, sorta defies much logic to me.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests