The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 am
wankers like Owen Jones
Now there's something we can agree on.

:D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Fab park run today with LE (well done for winning the thing after a night on the booze!) Mrs LE, BP and one of the junior GG’s. Lovely to partake in a harvester breakfast after too. 😋
Only just seen this. LE really does make you sick! Well done mate.

Great to finally do Parkrun and Parkrun breakfast with you and GG junior. A lovely morning was had by all!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35977
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Fab park run today with LE (well done for winning the thing after a night on the booze!) Mrs LE, BP and one of the junior GG’s. Lovely to partake in a harvester breakfast after too. 😋
Only just seen this. LE really does make you sick! Well done mate.

Great to finally do Parkrun and Parkrun breakfast with you and GG junior. A lovely morning was had by all!
Did GG not storm off in a massive huffty, throwing her top to the ground as she marched off? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Fab park run today with LE (well done for winning the thing after a night on the booze!) Mrs LE, BP and one of the junior GG’s. Lovely to partake in a harvester breakfast after too. 😋
Only just seen this. LE really does make you sick! Well done mate.

Great to finally do Parkrun and Parkrun breakfast with you and GG junior. A lovely morning was had by all!
Did GG not storm off in a massive huffty, throwing her top to the ground as she marched off? :)
I deserved to have been subbed. Half way through the 4th hill would have done me fine! :D No sulking here! Kept my top on so as not to scare the HH locals and Bolton tourists with my knackered tummy!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:10 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Fab park run today with LE (well done for winning the thing after a night on the booze!) Mrs LE, BP and one of the junior GG’s. Lovely to partake in a harvester breakfast after too. 😋
Only just seen this. LE really does make you sick! Well done mate.

Great to finally do Parkrun and Parkrun breakfast with you and GG junior. A lovely morning was had by all!
Did GG not storm off in a massive huffty, throwing her top to the ground as she marched off? :)
I deserved to have been subbed. Half way through the 4th hill would have done me fine! :D No sulking here! Kept my top on so as not to scare the HH locals and Bolton tourists with my knackered tummy!
I fully expected a strop tbh. Bit harsh when your own 9yo son boos you off the course. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Just been for my first run in at least 2 weeks. Had all these good intentions that I would keep super fit during lock down. It hasn’t happened and the kids have driven me to even more junk food then normal. :oops:

Anyway, a slow, hot 3 mile plod with the dog and daughter on her bike trying to side swerve numerous pedestrians out on their sunny evening walks is done. How’s everyone else doing? Keeping fitter than me no doubt!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35977
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm
Just been for my first run in at least 2 weeks. Had all these good intentions that I would keep super fit during lock down. It hasn’t happened and the kids have driven me to even more junk food then normal. :oops:

Anyway, a slow, hot 3 mile plod with the dog and daughter on her bike trying to side swerve numerous pedestrians out on their sunny evening walks is done. How’s everyone else doing? Keeping fitter than me no doubt!
Decided to adopt more of a positive attitude through lockdown after doing precious little other than eat and drink. So, no booze for the past three weeks and tonight ran my 5th 5K since last Monday (getting back into the 3 x 5 per week routine).

Borders biscuits are my new lockdown crack cocaine though :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 06, 2020 10:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:45 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm
Just been for my first run in at least 2 weeks. Had all these good intentions that I would keep super fit during lock down. It hasn’t happened and the kids have driven me to even more junk food then normal. :oops:

Anyway, a slow, hot 3 mile plod with the dog and daughter on her bike trying to side swerve numerous pedestrians out on their sunny evening walks is done. How’s everyone else doing? Keeping fitter than me no doubt!
Decided to adopt more of a positive attitude through lockdown after doing precious little other than eat and drink. So, no booze for the past three weeks and tonight ran my 5th 5K since last Monday (getting back into the 3 x 5 per week routine).

Borders biscuits are my new lockdown crack cocaine though :D
I’m impressed Bruce, 3 x 5k a week was my aim and I’ve failed spectacularly! Missing my running partner which hasn’t helped motivation. What’s your secret?! Not a big drinker here but the amount of junk food being eaten is even higher then normal (if possible) though now I have to hide away from the kids as I do, as if they hear a rustle of wrappers they’re straight in with me enquiring “what you eating Mummy? Can I have some?” :evil:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20150
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 pm

I've been eating like a pig and drinking like a fish but the running is one thing that is going well.

I've been injured basically for 2 years until about Christmas. Had just started to get football fit before lockdown. Chanelled my energy, started by doing about 30-40k a week. Slight calf tightness slowed that a little but I'm down to ~21:30 for 5k and 46:30 for ten.

I think I'd normally be a dick and try to push through the calf but the thought of losing my excuse to get out of the house is making me be sensible.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 pm
I've been eating like a pig and drinking like a fish but the running is one thing that is going well.

I've been injured basically for 2 years until about Christmas. Had just started to get football fit before lockdown. Chanelled my energy, started by doing about 30-40k a week. Slight calf tightness slowed that a little but I'm down to ~21:30 for 5k and 46:30 for ten.

I think I'd normally be a dick and try to push through the calf but the thought of losing my excuse to get out of the house is making me be sensible.
I’d started Pilates before lockdown and was really enjoying it. Looking forward to getting back to that. Right now I’m looking at being fat at 40 (July!) if I don’t get my arse in gear and start running more regularly again.

They are very respectable 5 and 10k times those Pru. You not tempted to join a running club?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 pm

The revival of this thread might just inspire me to get my arse in gear. A combination of injuries and way too much food/drink during lockdown has left me badly out of shape. Can’t be arsed running and when I do manage it, sack it off because i’m not enjoying it. I blame Mrs BP for taking to cooking 24/7 for the last 7 weeks! #fatlazybastard

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8199
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm

I've just run for 46 consecutive days, finally decided to have a rest due to mounting aches and pain, and as Pru put it, trying not to be a dick!
Was cramming in with a view to a late Bolton marathon entry when lockdown started but wouldn't have been properly fit. Now hoping to keep up a decent volume with a view to doing one properly when it all starts up again.
Lucky to be within striking distance of Wimbledon common and Richmond park from the front door.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm
I've just run for 46 consecutive days, finally decided to have a rest due to mounting aches and pain, and as Pru put it, trying not to be a dick!
Was cramming in with a view to a late Bolton marathon entry when lockdown started but wouldn't have been properly fit. Now hoping to keep up a decent volume with a view to doing one properly when it all starts up again.
Lucky to be within striking distance of Wimbledon common and Richmond park from the front door.
46 days without an injury must be some new kind of record for you?!

I’ve managed nearly 46 days without running. :oops:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7280
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 27, 2020 7:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm
I've just run for 46 consecutive days, finally decided to have a rest due to mounting aches and pain, and as Pru put it, trying not to be a dick!
I think that boat sailed a while ago...

Well done on the running though. Great achievement. In 46 days you could have got from London to Durham. Like your doppelganger!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:35 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm
I've just run for 46 consecutive days, finally decided to have a rest due to mounting aches and pain, and as Pru put it, trying not to be a dick!
I think that boat sailed a while ago...

Well done on the running though. Great achievement. In 46 days you could have got from London to Durham. Like your doppelganger!
Ah ha! So it’s not just me saw the resemblance?!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu May 28, 2020 10:27 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 pm
The revival of this thread might just inspire me to get my arse in gear. A combination of injuries and way too much food/drink during lockdown has left me badly out of shape. Can’t be arsed running and when I do manage it, sack it off because i’m not enjoying it. I blame Mrs BP for taking to cooking 24/7 for the last 7 weeks! #fatlazybastard

It’s only taken me 3 weeks to raise my motivation levels to manage a 5k! Went out early thinking i’d get it done before it got too warm. Bloody roasting! Still, it’s in the bag and the comeback trail starts here!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:27 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 pm
The revival of this thread might just inspire me to get my arse in gear. A combination of injuries and way too much food/drink during lockdown has left me badly out of shape. Can’t be arsed running and when I do manage it, sack it off because i’m not enjoying it. I blame Mrs BP for taking to cooking 24/7 for the last 7 weeks! #fatlazybastard

It’s only taken me 3 weeks to raise my motivation levels to manage a 5k! Went out early thinking i’d get it done before it got too warm. Bloody roasting! Still, it’s in the bag and the comeback trail starts here!
Well done BP. I’ve just purchased myself a new pair of trainers as way of motivation to get out again. Gone for Asics over my usual choice of Nike. Hope I’ve made a good choice!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:27 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 pm
The revival of this thread might just inspire me to get my arse in gear. A combination of injuries and way too much food/drink during lockdown has left me badly out of shape. Can’t be arsed running and when I do manage it, sack it off because i’m not enjoying it. I blame Mrs BP for taking to cooking 24/7 for the last 7 weeks! #fatlazybastard

It’s only taken me 3 weeks to raise my motivation levels to manage a 5k! Went out early thinking i’d get it done before it got too warm. Bloody roasting! Still, it’s in the bag and the comeback trail starts here!
Well done BP. I’ve just purchased myself a new pair of trainers as way of motivation to get out again. Gone for Asics over my usual choice of Nike. Hope I’ve made a good choice!
Thanks. I wear ASICS, so what could possibly go wrong?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35977
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am

Managed to get 60K in for May, was aiming for 75 until slipping on last Monday's run and pulling a muscle in my back. Been in fecking agony all week with it but have woke up this morning and it feels a thousand times better. Will try to start June with something short, flat and gentle tomorrow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am
Managed to get 60K in for May, was aiming for 75 until slipping on last Monday's run and pulling a muscle in my back. Been in fecking agony all week with it but have woke up this morning and it feels a thousand times better. Will try to start June with something short, flat and gentle tomorrow.
I’m impressed with 60k - you must have been getting out around 3 times a week? I can’t even drag my lazy arse out once at the moment! However I have been doing a 10 minute abs work out around 4/5 times a week for the past couple of weeks. Definitely slowly getting easier. Children don’t laugh at me struggling to get off the floor quite so much now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests