General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12843
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
Never wear a fcuking cap mate! And I'm not trying to be clever either currently we only venture out if need be not like some who would be more than happy to stand in crowds at football matches or workout next door to someone else busy pouring sweat all over machines the next person uses.
How many others just don't give a fcuk and carry on as normal expecting others to pick up the pieces of their frivolous lifestyle? Just like all those selfish cnuts in Kensington watching supercar parades last night

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23357
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:13 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am
If they'd all bought extra in weeks ago (bearing in mind the first real news on this was what? 8 weeks ago?). Then there would just have been a panic then, instead.
No there wouldn't, like us no one noticed a few extra bags of frozen veg and fish, another 4 pack of beans and tomatoes and the odd bog roll extra. I'll tell you exactly where this panic started, more so the bog roll, Mumsnet and facebook, ie social media. The rumour mongers were in overdrive, just in the same way they are now about X and Y near them having got Covid-19 because they've been to Italy, one problem, it was last fcuking year!!
And I know this will be controversial, but social media again, that nurse crying
'I'm a critical care nurse and I've just finished 48 hours of work and I just wanted to get some stuff in for the next 48 hours.

'There's no fruit, there's no vegetables and I just don't know how I'm supposed to stay healthy.
Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this.
If every feck* had stocked a few extras all at once, of course it would have run out.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12843
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:13 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am
If they'd all bought extra in weeks ago (bearing in mind the first real news on this was what? 8 weeks ago?). Then there would just have been a panic then, instead.
No there wouldn't, like us no one noticed a few extra bags of frozen veg and fish, another 4 pack of beans and tomatoes and the odd bog roll extra. I'll tell you exactly where this panic started, more so the bog roll, Mumsnet and facebook, ie social media. The rumour mongers were in overdrive, just in the same way they are now about X and Y near them having got Covid-19 because they've been to Italy, one problem, it was last fcuking year!!
And I know this will be controversial, but social media again, that nurse crying
'I'm a critical care nurse and I've just finished 48 hours of work and I just wanted to get some stuff in for the next 48 hours.

'There's no fruit, there's no vegetables and I just don't know how I'm supposed to stay healthy.
Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this.
If every feck* had stocked a few extras all at once, of course it would have run out.
No stocking a few extras wouldn't, the supply chains could have coped like they do over Christmas. The problem is these are not extras people are shopping for they are weeks worth at one go add into the mix lorries are stuck queuing at closed borders all across Europe and the myth there is plenty is exactly that, a myth.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10546
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Mate, the supply chains cope at Christmas because they expect it and plan for it nine months in advance. If the manufacturers and suppliers would've known last summer that the selfish chavs were now going to be buying bow-tie pasta and macadamia oil handwash by the wheelbarrow load they'd have been fully prepared for it.
Businesswoman of the year.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Hobes, I start Xmas planning in May. Even then I know broadly what folk will buy and I can use past data and year to date trends to try and get volumes right. Despite being 40% up last Christmas I'd been able to plan that sort of surge in custom as the trend that summer had been 20-40% increases.

For this we had nothing to prepare us. No precedents, no trends, just the vague certainty some people are selfish priks. Who knew they would require a year's worth of bog roll, hand soap and paracetamol?

It will take weeks to return to our usual stock levels. I've just completed several supplier orders that amount to around 4 times my usual at peak times and know full well I'll be lucky to receive 20% of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
Never wear a fcuking cap mate! And I'm not trying to be clever either currently we only venture out if need be not like some who would be more than happy to stand in crowds at football matches or workout next door to someone else busy pouring sweat all over machines the next person uses.
How many others just don't give a fcuk and carry on as normal expecting others to pick up the pieces of their frivolous lifestyle? Just like all those selfish cnuts in Kensington watching supercar parades last night
You justify your own greed and selfishness by pointing towards people at a supercar parade; if that comforts you then that's your business. I've spent a half of today running around trying to pick up odds and sods for people I know and love, because they're too scared to leave their own houses, including my own elderly parents. Their modest requests for basic day-to-day items are chiefly dashed due to a lack of availability thanks to the likes of you. Please, don't ever call me 'mate' again, as we really never can be. You carry on congratulating yourself upon your foresight and procuremental acumen, whilst I carry on trying to help those who your appalling selfishness is depriving.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12843
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Your prerogative chief you ain't the only one that helps folk some of us don't feel the need to bleat about it!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25933
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
Never wear a fcuking cap mate! And I'm not trying to be clever either currently we only venture out if need be not like some who would be more than happy to stand in crowds at football matches or workout next door to someone else busy pouring sweat all over machines the next person uses.
How many others just don't give a fcuk and carry on as normal expecting others to pick up the pieces of their frivolous lifestyle? Just like all those selfish cnuts in Kensington watching supercar parades last night
You justify your own greed and selfishness by pointing towards people at a supercar parade; if that comforts you then that's your business. I've spent a half of today running around trying to pick up odds and sods for people I know and love, because they're too scared to leave their own houses, including my own elderly parents. Their modest requests for basic day-to-day items are chiefly dashed due to a lack of availability thanks to the likes of you. Please, don't ever call me 'mate' again, as we really never can be. You carry on congratulating yourself upon your foresight and procuremental acumen, whilst I carry on trying to help those who your appalling selfishness is depriving.
+1 from me. The people selfishness hoarding are subhuman disgusting pondlife. My elderly parents are in the high risk 12 week quarantine group. They’re distressed enough about that. But to them be unable to have vey basic items in their house because some total feck* buy more than they need is utterly reprehensible.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12699
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
Never wear a fcuking cap mate! And I'm not trying to be clever either currently we only venture out if need be not like some who would be more than happy to stand in crowds at football matches or workout next door to someone else busy pouring sweat all over machines the next person uses.
How many others just don't give a fcuk and carry on as normal expecting others to pick up the pieces of their frivolous lifestyle? Just like all those selfish cnuts in Kensington watching supercar parades last night
You justify your own greed and selfishness by pointing towards people at a supercar parade; if that comforts you then that's your business. I've spent a half of today running around trying to pick up odds and sods for people I know and love, because they're too scared to leave their own houses, including my own elderly parents. Their modest requests for basic day-to-day items are chiefly dashed due to a lack of availability thanks to the likes of you. Please, don't ever call me 'mate' again, as we really never can be. You carry on congratulating yourself upon your foresight and procuremental acumen, whilst I carry on trying to help those who your appalling selfishness is depriving.
+1 from me. The people selfishness hoarding are subhuman disgusting pondlife. My elderly parents are in the high risk 12 week quarantine group. They’re distressed enough about that. But to them be unable to have vey basic items in their house because some total feck* buy more than they need is utterly reprehensible.
Speaking as an elderly parent, I should note that over here the first hour supermarkets are open is reserved for the elderly so they don't get knocked over in the toilet paper section. Do you have the same thing there?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:44 pm
Your prerogative chief you ain't the only one that helps folk some of us don't feel the need to bleat about it!
I'm not bleating about anything, Fella. However, this from your chief Brexiteering trumpet. WETHERSPOONS boss Tim Martin has told staff to "go work at Tesco if they don't want to wait until the end of April to be paid".

After being forced to close hundred of pubs over the weekend to battle the spread of Covid-19, Martin sent a video to staff members claiming that he would be relying on a government grant to pay workers.

However the grant will not be available for well over a month and Martin, who is reportedly worth over £40 million, will not be covering staff wages until then.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10546
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm
Speaking as an elderly parent, I should note that over here the first hour supermarkets are open is reserved for the elderly so they don't get knocked over in the toilet paper section. Do you have the same thing there?
Yeah, we've got a similar thing here Monty. The elderly, carers, the disabled etc as well as essential workers such as NHS staff are getting offered the first hour or so to shop in peace.

Been the Asda tonight and things are starting to look a lot better than this time last week. There's a two item maximum on everything but everyone was calmly getting on with just buying the essentials. Presumably because the hoarders are all sat at home now in their toilet roll castles wondering why they've got 6000 bottles of hand sanitiser under the bed and drinking 20 litres of powdered milk a day.
Businesswoman of the year.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Today has been the worst day so far in our supermarket. If the customers carry on like today tomorrow I'm shutting up shop and they can starve :whack:

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12699
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm
Speaking as an elderly parent, I should note that over here the first hour supermarkets are open is reserved for the elderly so they don't get knocked over in the toilet paper section. Do you have the same thing there?
Yeah, we've got a similar thing here Monty. The elderly, carers, the disabled etc as well as essential workers such as NHS staff are getting offered the first hour or so to shop in peace.

Been the Asda tonight and things are starting to look a lot better than this time last week. There's a two item maximum on everything but everyone was calmly getting on with just buying the essentials. Presumably because the hoarders are all sat at home now in their toilet roll castles wondering why they've got 6000 bottles of hand sanitiser under the bed and drinking 20 litres of powdered milk a day.
My problem is they won't take back the empty beer bottles at the moment and they take up a lot of space.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25933
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
Never wear a fcuking cap mate! And I'm not trying to be clever either currently we only venture out if need be not like some who would be more than happy to stand in crowds at football matches or workout next door to someone else busy pouring sweat all over machines the next person uses.
How many others just don't give a fcuk and carry on as normal expecting others to pick up the pieces of their frivolous lifestyle? Just like all those selfish cnuts in Kensington watching supercar parades last night
You justify your own greed and selfishness by pointing towards people at a supercar parade; if that comforts you then that's your business. I've spent a half of today running around trying to pick up odds and sods for people I know and love, because they're too scared to leave their own houses, including my own elderly parents. Their modest requests for basic day-to-day items are chiefly dashed due to a lack of availability thanks to the likes of you. Please, don't ever call me 'mate' again, as we really never can be. You carry on congratulating yourself upon your foresight and procuremental acumen, whilst I carry on trying to help those who your appalling selfishness is depriving.
+1 from me. The people selfishness hoarding are subhuman disgusting pondlife. My elderly parents are in the high risk 12 week quarantine group. They’re distressed enough about that. But to them be unable to have vey basic items in their house because some total feck* buy more than they need is utterly reprehensible.
Speaking as an elderly parent, I should note that over here the first hour supermarkets are open is reserved for the elderly so they don't get knocked over in the toilet paper section. Do you have the same thing there?
Yep they do but not for people with conditions where the government have told them to stay in their homes for 12 weeks under all circumstances beyond medical necessity.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12843
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:44 pm
Your prerogative chief you ain't the only one that helps folk some of us don't feel the need to bleat about it!
I'm not bleating about anything, Fella. However, this from your chief Brexiteering trumpet. WETHERSPOONS boss Tim Martin has told staff to "go work at Tesco if they don't want to wait until the end of April to be paid".

After being forced to close hundred of pubs over the weekend to battle the spread of Covid-19, Martin sent a video to staff members claiming that he would be relying on a government grant to pay workers.

However the grant will not be available for well over a month and Martin, who is reportedly worth over £40 million, will not be covering staff wages until then.
Personally I wouldn't be unhappy if he took up licking toilet bowls and he sure as hell was no chief of mine.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38505
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Most of our street turned out at 8-O'clock tonight to applaud the N.H.S staff and their brilliant unselfish work during the present crisis. Well done and God Bless them..
Attachments
SI DEUS PRO NOBIS.jpg
SI DEUS PRO NOBIS.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 113 times
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:11 am

Nipped out for a jog last night and got a round of applause off of the neighbours. Thanks very much :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12699
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:26 pm

My enforced isolation ended last night so today I went to the grocery store. Massive line-up so I went home to voluntary isolation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38505
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Now is the time to pray before you go to bed. Much can be gained with nothing to lose. I urge you to spare just a few minutes to pray it will end soon. Think of all the poor kids in the world. Laugh at me if you will, but as a lifetime Christian, I believe.You should too. Pray to God who is mightier than all. It will cost you nothing. God Bless.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12699
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:35 pm
Now is the time to pray before you go to bed. Much can be gained with nothing to lose. I urge you to spare just a few minutes to pray it will end soon. Think of all the poor kids in the world. Laugh at me if you will, but as a lifetime Christian, I believe.You should too. Pray to God who is mightier than all. It will cost you nothing. God Bless.
I don't laugh at you but the trouble is, Tango, I'm an atheist. Praying to God would simply be hypocrisy on my part, which would also cost me some self-respect. However, we both want the same end. As I go to bed I fervently hope that science will come up with a solution quickly. That it will come up with a solution at some point I believe to be certain.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests