The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:58 pm
5 departures from Downing Street now. Either he's in control, in which case he's thrown them under the bus, or he isn't, in which case they probably believed he was going to. What a shithouse.
It’s not fair to do anything until the police have concluded their investigation- doesn’t seem to apply equally.

It seems they are a combination of walking before pushed and just walking knowing it’s literally death to their career staying with them.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:
5 departures from Downing Street now. Either he's in control, in which case he's thrown them under the bus, or he isn't, in which case they probably believed he was going to. What a shithouse.
One look at that green nutcase Carrie close up and I'd do one before a heart attack struck me down.
I seriously fail to understand folk he say "he made a mistake he's said sorry and leave it at that", this is when I point out to them so you are happy with a lying SOB in charge then? At this point they usually go quiet.
The bloke and that useless shower of entitled shots have got to go and no I don't and it seems a lot of others don't want the plastic chancellor, tipsy Truss or God forbid coke snorting Gove.
I'll back Tom tugger if he stands he ain't tainted like the rest of them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:06 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:17 am
Worthy4England wrote:
One look at that green nutcase Carrie close up and I'd do one before a heart attack struck me down.
I seriously fail to understand folk he say "he made a mistake he's said sorry and leave it at that", this is when I point out to them so you are happy with a lying SOB in charge then? At this point they usually go quiet.
The bloke and that useless shower of entitled shots have got to go and no I don't and it seems a lot of others don't want the plastic chancellor, tipsy Truss or God forbid coke snorting Gove.
Christ it’s scary but I agree.

I’d be delighted with Tugendhat but I don’t think he’s got a cat in hells chance.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:17 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Good news mate, if you don't agree his time has come, you're part of a remainer plot! Welcome to our world! 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:01 pm

It’s sort of the worst thing that can happen to a party who have been in government a long time. A major scandal with their leadership followed by months of infighting and factional warfare all running into one of the largest economic crises of our times.

It’s usually terminal. And this time there is also the absolute lunacy of most of their front bench on show in full. Mad Nads doing her best to make Diane Abbott look a really sound and solid option.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Worst fallacy about it all; there are many, inside and outside of Britain who still live under the misconception that we are a world power. What a laugh. Our government is back in line behind Blackadder, Yes Minister, Spitting Images and The Muppet Show.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:13 pm
Worst fallacy about it all; there are many, inside and outside of Britain who still live under the misconception that we are a world power. What a laugh. Our government is back in line behind Blackadder, Yes Minister, Spitting Images and The Muppet Show.
Some inside Tango. I don’t think many if any outside. We’ve been an international laughing stock a while.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:01 pm

It’s usually terminal. And this time there is also the absolute lunacy of most of their front bench on show in full. Mad Nads doing her best to make Diane Abbott look a really sound and solid option.
The interviews are horrifying but fascinating. She's put Williamson well and truly in the shade.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 am

This from the Papua New Guinea courier. How do they know what we are yet some of our population is so blind to it?

https://twitter.com/dankaszeta/status/1 ... 51238?s=21

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 am
This from the Papua New Guinea courier. How do they know what we are yet some of our population is so blind to it?

That looks much more like Eye, to me... :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Very enjoyable. Though, if I lived in a country in which cannibalism still exists, then I might be a little more concerned by matters closer to home. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:38 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Very enjoyable. Though, if I lived in a country in which cannibalism still exists, then I might be a little more concerned by matters closer to home. ;)
Yes like worthy I think the joke is it’s not really from PNG.

Though on the subject of cannibalism I’ve always been a bit curious what we taste like. Obviously never would I but yeah. I’m sure that the answer would predictably be chicken with a hint of veal…

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Though on the subject of cannibalism I’ve always been a bit curious what we taste like. Obviously never would I but yeah. I’m sure that the answer would predictably be chicken with a hint of veal…
See, I too would have thought that we're chickeny/veal types, however, are we white meat or red meat? I honestly don't know.

I'd also like to try swan!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

See, I too would have thought that we're chickeny/veal types, however, are we white meat or red meat? I honestly don't know.

I'd also like to try swan!
Swan doesn’t grab me tbh. Zebra - bet there’s a good steak somewhere in one of those things.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Swan doesn’t grab me tbh. Zebra - bet there’s a good steak somewhere in one of those things.

I've had bison. Delicious. Very tender.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm

When you dogwhistle the far right fascists like Trump this is what happens. And when your colleagues lack the morality or courage or both to stop you.

This is only going one way. We desperately need an election in this country.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm
When you dogwhistle the far right fascists like Trump this is what happens. And when your colleagues lack the morality or courage or both to stop you.

Ah, you mean start up the organ again, with a new grinder. Now there's a novel idea...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm

Ah, you mean start up the organ again, with a new grinder. Now there's a novel idea...
Nah - that’s not cutting it. This isn’t a political mistake or the usual political cut and thrust.

This is a moral vacuum right at the head of our country and a never ending tirade of lies from our government. And seemingly nobody in their party with the moral courage to do anything about it.

To use a phrase I think appropriate but Bruce Rioja will hate this is ‘lies and deception on an industrial scale’.

To suggest this is normal or close to anything we’ve seen before is just not true. They are more than happy to incite extremism Trump style.

There is a lot of spin and whatever in politics. But this isn’t that. It’s downright dangerous.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:38 pm

This is a moral vacuum right at the head of our country and a never ending tirade of lies from our government. And seemingly nobody in their party with the moral courage to do anything about it.
You're right, but I think there's a little more to it than 'simply' nobody having the moral courage to do anything about it. There are those such as Sunak, biding his time, keeping quiet and waiting for the inevitable (and one way or t'other, it is inevitable), then there are those such as Gove, Shapps, Dorries etc. who are throwing their weight behind Johnson because they'll all be out on their ears just as soon as he is - and they know it, of course.