The Iranians are at it again...

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks Dan. Not very insightful, but a small window to my confused world!

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Dujon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm

It's a right mess today. Every time I change page or open summat it fails and takes ages to get to where I'm going. I'll try again tomorrow.

I hope this comment arrives.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12677
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Dujon wrote:It's a right mess today. Every time I change page or open summat it fails and takes ages to get to where I'm going. I'll try again tomorrow.

I hope this comment arrives.
It did and it's getting worse. It is tempting just to give up and not try to write anything at the moment. I have also managed to post multiple times but was able to delete.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dujon wrote:It's a right mess today. Every time I change page or open summat it fails and takes ages to get to where I'm going. I'll try again tomorrow.

I hope this comment arrives.
It did and it's getting worse. It is tempting just to give up and not try to write anything at the moment. I have also managed to post multiple times but was able to delete.
Yep. Yesterday was bad, one of the worst... probably pay-back time for Israel's raid on the Syrian convoy.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 am

Has it been this bad before as I know it has not the 9 months I have been on here. Who are these Iranians out of intrest?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 am

Dan. It hasn't been this bad before. The site has had spells of being a bit hit and miss before, but not like this. I suspect a resource hungry site has been added to the shared server.

The Iranians thing is a little joke started between Spotty and I. I kept having problems with the site and not necessarily when everyone else did. So, given how close I am to Iran I blamed it on them.

I'm talking to Kev to see if I can help with the server situation. Popular forums like this one use quite a lot of server resource. Server resources are not cheap, hence the problem.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am

So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Has it been this bad before as I know it has not the 9 months I have been on here. Who are these Iranians out of intrest?
They are a mainly Aryan people with a few ethnic minorities such as Kurds, who have created an Islamic state with an Ayatollah as their supreme leader and a rabid anti-semite called Ahmedinajad as prime minister and they live on the far side of the Persian Gulf from Abdoulaye's Twin. They have a large country with a large army and lots of nasty little fecking surrogate billy-big-bollocks Islamic warriors spread out in the region, and a large chip on their collective shoulders and they really need to get out and about a bit more. But their main hobby is causing havoc. One day they might decide to nip over and plant tanks on AT's lawn and generally mess with his enjoyment of life, and, as a precursor to that day, they ocassionally interupt his daily business. One of the ways they do this is to monitor his communications and attempt to jam and disrupt them - hence why this forum sometimes goes arse over tit. Them's the Iranians.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.
Ok thanks for keeping me informed.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.
http://www.werejammin.ayatollah.iran" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Has it been this bad before as I know it has not the 9 months I have been on here. Who are these Iranians out of intrest?
They are a mainly Aryan people with a few ethnic minorities such as Kurds, who have created an Islamic state with an Ayatollah as their supreme leader and a rabid anti-semite called Ahmedinajad as prime minister and they live on the far side of the Persian Gulf from Abdoulaye's Twin. They have a large country with a large army and lots of nasty little fecking surrogate billy-big-bollocks Islamic warriors spread out in the region, and a large chip on their collective shoulders and they really need to get out and about a bit more. But their main hobby is causing havoc. One day they might decide to nip over and plant tanks on AT's lawn and generally mess with his enjoyment of life, and, as a precursor to that day, they ocassionally interupt his daily business. One of the ways they do this is to monitor his communications and attempt to jam and disrupt them - hence why this forum sometimes goes arse over tit. Them's the Iranians.
the Afghans are the best though the ones who have got all the power and cause the most disruption (why on earth we ever went into Afghanastan I never know, at least we had a chance of sorting out Iraq and we eventually did, but Afghanastan, no we will never sort out that country what ever we do.)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Has it been this bad before as I know it has not the 9 months I have been on here. Who are these Iranians out of intrest?
They are a mainly Aryan people with a few ethnic minorities such as Kurds, who have created an Islamic state with an Ayatollah as their supreme leader and a rabid anti-semite called Ahmedinajad as prime minister and they live on the far side of the Persian Gulf from Abdoulaye's Twin. They have a large country with a large army and lots of nasty little fecking surrogate billy-big-bollocks Islamic warriors spread out in the region, and a large chip on their collective shoulders and they really need to get out and about a bit more. But their main hobby is causing havoc. One day they might decide to nip over and plant tanks on AT's lawn and generally mess with his enjoyment of life, and, as a precursor to that day, they ocassionally interupt his daily business. One of the ways they do this is to monitor his communications and attempt to jam and disrupt them - hence why this forum sometimes goes arse over tit. Them's the Iranians.
the Afghans are the best though the ones who have got all the power and cause the most disruption (why on earth we ever went into Afghanastan I never know, at least we had a chance of sorting out Iraq and we eventually did, but Afghanastan, no we will never sort out that country what ever we do.)
:shock:

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.
http://www.werejammin.ayatollah.iran" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want that URL. Do you think they'd sell it to me?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Has it been this bad before as I know it has not the 9 months I have been on here. Who are these Iranians out of intrest?
They are a mainly Aryan people with a few ethnic minorities such as Kurds, who have created an Islamic state with an Ayatollah as their supreme leader and a rabid anti-semite called Ahmedinajad as prime minister and they live on the far side of the Persian Gulf from Abdoulaye's Twin. They have a large country with a large army and lots of nasty little fecking surrogate billy-big-bollocks Islamic warriors spread out in the region, and a large chip on their collective shoulders and they really need to get out and about a bit more. But their main hobby is causing havoc. One day they might decide to nip over and plant tanks on AT's lawn and generally mess with his enjoyment of life, and, as a precursor to that day, they ocassionally interupt his daily business. One of the ways they do this is to monitor his communications and attempt to jam and disrupt them - hence why this forum sometimes goes arse over tit. Them's the Iranians.
the Afghans are the best though the ones who have got all the power and cause the most disruption (why on earth we ever went into Afghanastan I never know, at least we had a chance of sorting out Iraq and we eventually did, but Afghanastan, no we will never sort out that country what ever we do.)
:shock:
I am just repeating what an ex soldier who served in both Afghanastan and Iraq said to me.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.
http://www.werejammin.ayatollah.iran" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want that URL. Do you think they'd sell it to me?
If you offer enough frankincense I'm sure they will
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
I am just repeating what an ex soldier who served in both Afghanastan and Iraq said to me.
Iraq is far from sorted out. The mentality of people from this region is significantly different to our own. No amount of American 'persuasion' will ever change that. Tribal rivalry will mean the region stays unsettled at least for several more generations.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:So someone is basically trying to steal server resources.
Not exactly. They are shared. Because lots of websites will need resources at different times, sometimes you get too many sites trying to use all the resources at the same time. Most likely, a new site has been added to the server recently, as most sites will consistently use a pattern of resources over a period of time.
http://www.werejammin.ayatollah.iran" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want that URL. Do you think they'd sell it to me?
If you offer enough frankincense I'm sure they will
Best get to Oman and get haggling then :D

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
I am just repeating what an ex soldier who served in both Afghanastan and Iraq said to me.
Iraq is far from sorted out. The mentality of people from this region is significantly different to our own. No amount of American 'persuasion' will ever change that. Tribal rivalry will mean the region stays unsettled at least for several more generations.
So the US OF A basically ran with their tails between the legs and told everyone that it was know safe, TBH they were only there for the oil. fuc*ing Geroge Bush.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8219
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The Iranians are at it again...

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
I am just repeating what an ex soldier who served in both Afghanastan and Iraq said to me.
Iraq is far from sorted out. The mentality of people from this region is significantly different to our own. No amount of American 'persuasion' will ever change that. Tribal rivalry will mean the region stays unsettled at least for several more generations.
So the US OF A basically ran with their tails between the legs and told everyone that it was know safe, TBH they were only there for the oil. fuc*ing Geroge Bush.

Dan

You may be better of taking this to the politics thread.

Keveh

Is it time for another whip round?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests